Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

New /tp command

WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead MonacoMember Posts: 52
edited August 5 in Feedback and Game Ideas
I don't know about you but I get annoyed when I'm raiding/building in a private world and I die, I'm sure we all do. so I'm here to purpose a new command that could help soothe the frustration. /tpback or /tback are some examples of a command that could be used in a privately owned world to teleport back to the exact location where your character died. I would like to use this command even without a Mass Teleporter in the world, I could see this command not working in public raid worlds just because it would be unfair and too op, but a form of command such as this should exist in privately owned worlds.

Thanks to .HeRsHy. and @Retta for helping me with this idea.

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,417
    Why not use a checkpoint?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,206
    Detech said:

Sometimes you don’t want to dig through your inventory while surrounded by terrapi.
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Member Posts: 878
    Mm we have portable teleporters for this.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,063
    If you don't die to begin with you won't have this issue.
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 29
    edited August 6
    Adding this kind of command is unnecessary and diminishes the purpose of already existing teleporters. Why not add the /tp (player name) command for use in public worlds without the use of a world mass teleported if you want something like this?
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,063

Adding this kind of command is unnecessary and diminishes the purpose of already existing teleporters. Why not add the /tp (player name) command for use in public worlds without the use of a world mass teleported if you want something like this?

That could be easily abused, both players would need to follow each other for it to work if that was added.
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 218
    edited August 6

If we’re talking about diminishing purposes I think removing or lessening a feature of a mass teleportor wouldn’t be the best either
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 29

If we’re talking about diminishing purposes I think removing or lessening a feature of a mass teleportor wouldn’t be the best either
    I like Mass Teleporters, but I think it’s existence diminishes the use of teleporters (the blue kind). If a mass teleporter exists, then why don’t permanent usable portable teleporters exist? I think it’d be best if portable teleporters were removed (because it makes no sense that’s its only a 1 time use item).
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,039

Mm we have portable teleporters for this.

I agree with this point. Except portable teleporters need to be fixed for windows.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 374
    Actually there are many players who don’t know commands or rather use blue teleported.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 904
    If you can do /tp in your world. Then place a plaque before going into a dungeon. So whenever you die you can just do/tp I don't know..
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,225
    Detech said:

What’s a checkpoint?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,936

Detech said:

What’s a checkpoint?
    The new-ish object that is placed and allows a person to appear there when dead if he touched it
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,225

Detech said:

What’s a checkpoint?
    The new-ish object that is placed and allows a person to appear there when dead if he touched it
    Whoa that’s awesome