Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Space Station Project

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,745
Hey everyone, i had two projects in my head for quite a while and now that one is succesfuly completed, I would like to bring up the other one for discussion. As we have seen with the 'Race City', combined efforts can build up projects alot quicker and make them alot more interesting, especially if they have structure to them.

One of my least favourite parts of deepworld is the chaos in which worlds are being built. I can't deny that it is fun to never know what you might come across while flying through a market world, but often when you step beyond the spawn building, you are pretty much on your own in terms of finding your way. I always thought it would be nice to have worlds that are orderly and are in a single theme, but even official worlds lack order in deepworld and are often swarmed with pointless plaques diverting attention from questlines.

The idea I have is simple, but require resources and time I do not obtain, so I want to see if anyone would support this idea.

I would like to build an ORDERLY market world where everyone who wants to participate gets a certain amount of space.

I want to build a space station Market world where the entire map would be covered with pros so that a person could get a space of one reg pro to build their spaceship which is docked to the station. We could also hold a spaceship competition to make up for the one that turned out to be a scam a few months ago and let builders get the first spots. We could also have largerspots for sponsors for example, so they could build motherships. Or we could have different sized pros and sell spots for people to dock their ships.

This project would require an inormous amount of protectors. I am wiling to spend much of my resources on pros for this project, but it would not be enought. It will also require alot of planning and building in order to have a unified station that would have a docking area for each ship.

Please let me know if this is something you guys are interested in, and maybe I can start planning and getting resources needed to make this come together.

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,665
    edited August 18
    Agreed. I lost track of my building in Times a long time ago. I’ve been thinking of doing this for a while, but as I am a wee poor boy (crownwise), I could never get it accomplished. You can count me in!

EDIT: Maybe I’ll disassemble the mega rocket in GFT and build it here...
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 678
    edited August 18

Agreed. I lost track of my building in Times a long time ago. I’ve been thinking of doing this for a while, but as I am a wee poor boy (crownwise), I could never get it accomplished. You can count me in!

EDIT: Maybe I’ll disassemble the mega rocket in GFT and build it here...

I managed to buy land in times close to spawn but never really used it much and now I’ve pretty much lost it. Detect mate I’d like to help out and I can donate some pros
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,006
    Hey if I'm not mistaken i have about 150 micro protectors in windmore, they were originally placed there to mark a seperation in the world, since I don't play anymore i can probably mine them up for you to use
    Maybe Mike could give us a couple of large steam jets to keep it in the air.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,745
    Grebebe said:

Hey if I'm not mistaken i have about 150 micro protectors in windmore, they were originally placed there to mark a seperation in the world, since I don't play anymore i can probably mine them up for you to use

Awesome! Thanks Grebebe! You should come back and build a spaceship later

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves. We are brainstorming at the moment
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,006
    I mined up the micro protectors. 175 of them :D Please follow me in game and put yourself to visible for those you follow, so I can find you eventually and give them to you. Thanks!
    Grebebe said:

I mined up the micro protectors. 175 of them :

Yikes!
    Detech said:

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves. We are brainstorming at the moment
    Brainstorming... alright. Maybe every builder and supporter can have a ship in a docking bay for helping out. There should also be a big room that is unaffected by supernovas that people can do most of their trading in, with the other rooms branching off of there.
    We could have different sections of the station. For example a builders section where we could host the building competition and different builders would display their styles, and others could use as reference for spaceships. A commerce sections where we could have locations for sale. And display information on world events. Any other ideas?
    Detech said:

We could have different sections of the station. For example a builders section where we could host the building competition and different builders would display their styles, and others could use as reference for spaceships. A commerce sections where we could have locations for sale. And display information on world events. Any other ideas?

A donation station to support team builds like this!
    edited August 19
    There wont be much of a team building. Not like Race City. There will be a reg pro for everyone who wants to dock and they would be required to build a spaceship there.

We could have maybe another section for newer players and people who bring alts, so that we could make sure to filter out people who just wane grab space.
    Detech said:

There wont be much of a team building. Not like Race City. There will be a reg pro for everyone who wants to dock and they would be required to build a spaceship there.

Won’t people who help out be building more than just a spaceship?
    I am going to postpone this project until the time I have the needed protectors and other items.
    If anyone wants to donate pros, please let me know.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 403
    I’ve been in a space market world, it sucks. U need build only on natural background so players aren’t killed by novas every so often or wait until novas are fixed. Maybe a science update will help with this.
    Bastian7 said:

I’ve been in a space market world, it sucks. U need build only on natural background so players aren’t killed by novas every so often or wait until novas are fixed. Maybe a science update will help with this.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I got about 1000 extra deaths while building race city lol.
  • RazeRaze Member Posts: 179
    I’ll help also I got some stuff to give @Detech :wink:
    I’m still over here trying to get anything : P
  • RazeRaze Member Posts: 179

What you need? I’ll see if I can get ya a onyx tele. Need a weather Machine I got tons :D
    Raze said:

What you need? I’ll see if I can get ya a onyx tele. Need a weather Machine I got tons :D
    I still need an onyx tele, a market converter, and a weather machine. I bought a normal mass spawner, so that’s crossed off the list. Thank you very much!
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 533
    This project sounds eerily similar to one i had a long time ago, except with less space wallpaper. I like it and despite not playing might just lend a hand.