Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Server Update 2018.11: "Kempston"

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
*Lots* of changes today related to our discussion of Deepworld being too competitive and rare-focused. Also releasing some formerly forgotten-about items!

- All chests and sacks now provide loot to anyone within 5 seconds of opening (*mech chests still require raiding participation)
- Non-premium players can now loot anything, but premium players still get double crown loot
- Added mayflower and autumn paintings to bunkers
- Added all musical instruments to bunkers
- Added onyx protector blueprint to loot (craft giga protectors)
- Added Grandmaster and Legendary Recycler achievements
- Added mayflower, gong, and nessie to shop
- Added camo facepaint to loot
- Made loot spawn more often in sacks and crates
- Made rare mounted heads and paintings spawn more often
- Made onyx spawn more often
- Made empty caves spawn less often
- Made weak mobs a little weaker

Comments

• WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Member Posts: 149
    Is this a dream!?
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 274
    Oh god! I gotta come back ASAP lol
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,040
    Glad to see stuff being done at this quick rate ag~
    MAYFLOWER
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 260
    nice update
  • TescosTescos SawConMember Posts: 99
    edited August 25
    Thank you so much for unbanning me and Mihir, You have no idea how much it means to us
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 678
    This update is just for me it’s probably the best update and most amazing! Mayflower has hands down gotta be my favourite item so far and the event in which if you ever bring multitrade into the game will help prevent pesky scammers! The clothes are literally raining
    mofc1991 said:

This update is just for me it’s probably the best update and most amazing! Mayflower has hands down gotta be my favourite item so far and the event in which if you ever bring multitrade into the game will help prevent pesky scammers! The clothes are literally raining

They will add Mutlitrade?
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 705
    Awesome!
  • TheG966TheG966 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 25
    I do enjoy having rares, when I would see one be a daily I would come on. Hope there will be something else to replace them so there is something to collect or do. On second thought I do like multiple people being able to loot mech chests considering people with better gear or who were faster would raid a dungeon I was halfway done with so with this I'm guessing as long as I took out some protectors I will still get the loot
    Post edited by TheG966 on
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 882
    @mikelaurence are you actually making the instruments appears in the piano bunkers like i suggested?
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,011
    Well I know how I'll be spending my weekend now, thanks mike!
  • DFNDFN Member Posts: 18
    As adding onyxs to spawn more, what would that tell me as a player of earning so many onyxs over these years? i also want to be able to see how many onyxs i’ve ever mined on my account
    I think it could be a fun little feature to have a "Player just mined an Onyx!" popup in chat kind of like how dungeons pop up when raided. Would be when natural onyx is mined though, so that people don't go around placing onyx and then blow up the chat. Would just be cool and a nice little indicator of "hey this person got it so you can go get the dungeons now if that's why you're here" and a nice little thing so that people can say "congratz" and stuff.
  • DFNDFN Member Posts: 18

I think it could be a fun little feature to have a "Player just mined an Onyx!" popup in chat kind of like how dungeons pop up when raided. Would be when natural onyx is mined though, so that people don't go around placing onyx and then blow up the chat. Would just be cool and a nice little indicator of "hey this person got it so you can go get the dungeons now if that's why you're here" and a nice little thing so that people can say "congratz" and stuff.

thats also a great idea! mining a natural onyx and being notified in chat so we wouldnt need to announce it and hve someone make assumptions against you for something little as finding onyx
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,040

Player 1 mined an onyx!
    Player 2: congra~
    Player817: I BUY
    Player912: I BUYING
    Player392: WHAT FOR ONYX PLAYER 1
    Player817: PLAYER PLS 2 BLUE CRYS FOR ONXY

Player 1 mined an onyx!
    Player 2: congra~
    Player817: I BUY
    Player912: I BUYING
    Player392: WHAT FOR ONYX PLAYER 1
    Player817: PLAYER PLS 2 BLUE CRYS FOR ONXY
    I mean, sure this could happen, it's just a nice little feedback system though, maybe someone would want to sell the onyx and it could work out for 2 parties. Considering Onyx is less rare now I doubt the spam of wanting it will be super common anymore once it's well distributed in the coming weeks
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 870
    edited August 26
    Thank you very much! This is an awesome update, I look forward for future ones.
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,193
    I love it image
  • TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Member Posts: 674
    Hey guys... I think Mike accidentally put in an unreleased item.
    A30C4B74-3D25-473A-A57C-28FF4738FD71.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 678
    AquaPhynn said:

I love it image

You wouldn’t mind if I eh if I’m bought that of you? >:)
  • TheMightierRoninTheMightierRonin Member Posts: 4
    This is great! Looking forward to seeing some of that.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,664
    edited August 26
    Yay! New i- HARP!!! I CAN FINALLY PLEASE THE GIANT!!!

EDIT: I can’t reach it :(
    D669416F-5F33-4DAC-9BD7-3A24FE9B8D5F.jpeg
    185 x 177 - 23K
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
    New worlds are now spawning (generation #34)!

Includes music instruments & slightly more onyx & rare things :)

New worlds are now spawning (generation #34)!

Includes music instruments & slightly more onyx & rare things :)

alpha android??
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,641
    I think that template connector item that @TheBlindEye has is for the randomized dungeons mike is working on, am I mistaken?
  • SimplinSimplin Member Posts: 58
    Please keep in mind that rare items are attractive because of their rarity.
    Making rare items more common lowers their desirability.

Or,
    Giving free diamonds to everyone in the village doesn't make anyone richer, it just devalues diamonds.

Could you please introduce some items that will be truly difficult to obtain and remain difficult to obtain?
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 882
    Simplin said:

Please keep in mind that rare items are attractive because of their rarity.
    Making rare items more common lowers their desirability.

Or,
    Giving free diamonds to everyone in the village doesn't make anyone richer, it just devalues diamonds.

Could you please introduce some items that will be truly difficult to obtain and remain difficult to obtain?

I don't find it as fun when you play for years to never find a hunter head
    yes some items should be rare but not to the point where you could spend your life on the game without ever being able to find something.
  • SimplinSimplin Member Posts: 58
    Sure, Hunterhead is a good example. Up until a few months ago it was extremely hard to find through mining or trade. Since 2013 have found 6 Notch Paintings and only 1 Hunterhead despite being one of the most accomplished miners. Yeah, Hunterhead was hard to find. Thing is, I have owned a total of 7 Hunterheads - those other 6 I traded anywhere from 75 to 250 Onyx for. Trading is also an option! I know you like to brag about your onyx - but well, you can either own a Hunterhead (or 7) or have a huge pile onyx. Don't cry if you can't have both. I think the Hunterhead was just fine in terms of rareness.

How many Brass Thrones are there out there? If they were tradeable I am 100% certain I would own one. I would not stop until I got one. I am sure there are others players out there like me. Cry that it is to hard to get, I hear you but can't agree.

Perhaps we should lower the price of the Bentley Mulsanne automobile. I'd have to work an entire lifetime to get one! (pause for drying tears).

Maybe we should just remove the car from the market because everyone can't have one?