Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Android Release v3.10.1 (live!)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,286
Go here to get the alpha build:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bytebin.deepworld_android

You may need to join this community too (?):

https://plus.google.com/communities/109314905515377468568

If you are using the build, please comment here on your experience!

Comments

• TescosTescos Member Posts: 29
    Wish I had an android to try it out
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 120
    Yay
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,557
    Tried installing game, but it wasn't there...
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 120
    help?
    cant do zoom to explore
    Cant emote
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,286
    Detech said:

Join the google community I linked, then hit the google play link?
    mrjacket said:

help?
    cant do zoom to explore
    Cant emote

Zoom will be in the next build.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 247
    Woohoo!
    edited August 28

Detech said:

Sorry, I am technically crippled with apps and stuff.

I am in the community, I commented there as well.

I go to install deepworld on Google play from link provided and ot sais item not thereimage
    Screenshot_20180828-194402_Google Play Store.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 78K
  • Giovani1312Giovani1312 Member Posts: 20
    The game is pretty good, Max RAM usage was about 554MB but it does heat up my device (Samsung S7 Edge) by a little. In the tutorial I wasn't able to do the "Tap and Hold to mine" but other than that everything worked perfectly. I'm very new to this game so I'm gonna have to keep exploring and see if I can find any more bugs.
    Detech said:

Detech said:

I go to install deepworld on Google play from link provided and ot sais item not thereimage
    I can't see the app on my Beta list on Google Play I'm guessing it was removed.
    Detech said:

Detech said:

I tried the link and it works, I don't know what your problem is then. Try updating Google Play to the latest version or check your network. You can also open the link through your browser instead I think so try that.
    @Detech is your google play account the same as the account you signed up in the community with?

The game is pretty good, Max RAM usage was about 554MB but it does heat up my device (Samsung S7 Edge) by a little. In the tutorial I wasn't able to do the "Tap and Hold to mine" but other than that everything worked perfectly. I'm very new to this game so I'm gonna have to keep exploring and see if I can find any more bugs.

Ah good point, it's using the windows tutorial level right now. I will change that.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,419
    Anyone who can’t get past the tutorial due to that can use the command “/skiptut” to skip it and search for other bugs.
    edited August 29

@Detech is your google play account the same as the account you signed up in the community with?

Aparently it is not. Thank you.

30 more minutes of braindamage and I am installing the app!
    Post edited by Detech on
    edited August 29
    A bit hard to get used to at first. Runs real smooth! THANKS MIKE! I'll post if I find any bugs :)image
    Screenshot_20180828-204530_Deepworld.jpg
    1672 x 923 - 743K
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,212
    edited August 29
    Worked for me! Nothing extraordinary to report. Movement felt realllly awkward. I found it difficult to move/left and right because every minute touch to the controller resulted in a huge jump into the air.

Worked for me! Nothing extraordinary to report. Movement felt realllly awkward. I found it difficult to move/left and right because every minute touch to the controller resulted in a huge jump into the air.

Yeah I noticed that. I think making the Y threshold higher for “jump” will fix it. Think I did something similar on iOS but it was, like, 4 years ago haha...
  • shadowrealshadowreal Member Posts: 7
    It's a little laggy for me and controls are a little awkward but aside from that it's good

It's a little laggy for me and controls are a little awkward but aside from that it's good

What device are you on?
  • shadowrealshadowreal Member Posts: 7

What device are you on?
    I'm on Samsung tablet A6 (a 2016 model)
  • RattleRattle Member Posts: 22
    Ahh this is so exciting! The interface reminds me of the mac beta version of deepworld from a few years ago... I don't know if that version ever got fully released
    Rattle said:

Ahh this is so exciting! The interface reminds me of the mac beta version of deepworld from a few years ago... I don't know if that version ever got fully released

Ha yep. Same engine (also the Windows build).
    I can already tell that players are more active! Great going Mike! I’m also pretty sure I saw a few new faces in a market world...
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 998
    Well, this is very exciting. I had a bit of fun for about 5 minutes and plan to start playing on my phone in my free time. I did find a sort of "major" bug though. While attempting to mine upwards with a shovel while in a protected zone it will not mine the block above the shoveled block and will say the block is protected, preventing the ability to mine around to a dungeon door. This and the inability to zoom sorta warded me off for the moment, but super nice job mike, besides these 2 things the game is silky smooth, made my phone a little hot but it's to be expected. I look forward to see how things progress, keep up the nice work!
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 651
    s8 here, I cannot zoom out nor show protector radiuses
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    Device: OnePlus 6
    Issue: Turret is super small, and also mine able by pickaxe (in ios I think it was only using electric gun)
    Screenshot_20180829-180817.jpg
    2200 x 1080 - 1M
    edited August 29
    FlynnXD said:

Device: OnePlus 6
    Issue: Turret is super small, and also mine able by pickaxe (in ios I think it was only using electric gun)

They’re able to be pickaxed
    edited August 29
    Device: Samsung S7

When using jatpack, first few seconds if feels like there is no pull. Like I am using LVL 1 jetpack.
    When trying to mine something overlapped by another item, nothing is mined. (Same as on PC)
    Sometimes birds land 1 square higher on bridges.
    Cant see private messages. (Same as on PC)image
    Screenshot_20180829-104734_Deepworld.jpg
    727 x 627 - 218K
    Detech said:

Device: Samsung S7

When using jatpack, first few seconds if feels like there is no pull. Like I am using LVL 1 jetpack.
    When trying to mine something overlapped by another item, nothing is mined. (Same as on PC)
    Sometimes birds land 1 square higher on bridges.
    Cant see private messages. (Same as on PC)image

Private messages are not implemented in this version yet, if you open the game in the menu there is a changelog showing the features that are not yet in the game.
This discussion has been closed.