Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Welfare loot system

hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 286
edited August 29 in General
Today I played for 4 hours and mined 6 onyx, leap quest, gash, drum, harp. It kills end game to constantly find rare or as I should say foremerly rare items. What are people supposed to work towards when everything is so common? It’s fun not to have everything or as it seems a million of everything!

Comments

• hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 286
    I never expected DW to nerf content and welfare loot off like this :-q
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 63
    Did you get all that from players who remembered you from 4 years ago for you to be saying that everything is easy to get? I’ve been playing a lot and haven’t found anything rare. There’s always someone using Windows who’d find everything before I could.
    edited August 29
    I mined every item on iOS. Every bunker hand paints better than Une pipes.
    edited August 29

hugegnome said:

Today I played for 4 hours and got 6 onyx, leap quest, gash, drum, harp. It kills end game to constantly find rare or as I should say foremerly rare items. What are people supposed do when every item is everywhere? It’s fun not to have everything or as it seems a million of everything!

There are also a lot more worlds going out, and y'all clear through them like a knife through butter.

This is an experiment, the rarities aren't set in stone. I'm monitoring the situation.
    Okay good enough. I noticed how worlds are getting cleared quickly. Would public xl worlds help? Hopefully I can find a notch before this experiment ends.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,664

hugegnome said:

Today I played for 4 hours and got 6 onyx, leap quest, gash, drum, harp. It kills end game to constantly find rare or as I should say foremerly rare items. What are people supposed do when every item is everywhere? It’s fun not to have everything or as it seems a million of everything!

There are also a lot more worlds going out, and y'all clear through them like a knife through butter.

This is an experiment, the rarities aren't set in stone. I'm monitoring the situation.
    Hehe... experiment... science... Rick...
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Member Posts: 149
    Idk how you found so much... I played for 6 hours and came no where near as much as you..
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 882

hugegnome said:

I think if onyx is gonna be more common like this diamonds and platinum should also be made more common
    since platinum is still so hard to find enough of
    Either the platinum required to make tools needs to be lowered or more platinum per world. 100 atm is a lot even to pro players. (30 onyx value aprox)
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 678
    hugegnome said:

hugegnome said:

Okay good enough. I noticed how worlds are getting cleared quickly. Would public xl worlds help? Hopefully I can find a notch before this experiment ends.
    Woah woah woah hmmm well Um XL worlds would benefit for us to have a lot more to mine through HOWEVER most people leave the world at about 40% percent and the rest of the players will have to clear is out which could take a while....
    @mofc1991 all we gotta do is explore the sky and we good.
    mofc1991 said:

hugegnome said:

hugegnome said:

Woah woah woah hmmm well Um XL worlds would benefit for us to have a lot more to mine through HOWEVER most people leave the world at about 40% percent and the rest of the players will have to clear is out which could take a while....
    40 or 50% worlds are actually pretty good, because it leaves half of the world for new players who don’t want a dungeon race to explore.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    Except that 40% of the world is unexplored sky
    p1nkbr0 said:

Except that 40% of the world is unexplored sky

True :P

But when I go digging through new abandonded worlds, I still find dungeons and paint bunkers and that stuff.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 882
    Would be amazing if there was a system that wouldn’t count the sky as unexplored areas in new worlds

Electrox said:

Would be amazing if there was a system that wouldn’t count the sky as unexplored areas in new worlds

Or if there were sky dungeons ... another thing I'd love to get to if I ever have time!
    New building competition: With 30% more balloons!
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 678
    Have airships in the sky with a protected and then a chest surrounded by turrets which instead of being a dungeon it could Be :player: Raided an Airship ;)
    mofc1991 said:

Have airships in the sky with a protected and then a chest surrounded by turrets which instead of being a dungeon it could Be :player: Raided an Airship ;)

Steampunk pirates! I like it.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 87
    hugegnome said:

I don't know about you guys, but I love how active Mike is with this stuff as of late. What all devs should be doing with their folks.
    hugegnome said:

hugegnome said:

This is an experiment, the rarities aren't set in stone. I'm monitoringsituation.
    Okay good enough.
    hugegnome said:

hugegnome said:

Okay good enough.<

Idk how you found so much... I played for 6 hours and came no where near as much as you..

Everything seems better now, I dk if I just had worse luck or not but way less.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,131

Electrox said:

Or if there were sky dungeons ... another thing I'd love to get to if I ever have time!
    Yes please!?