Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Can someone reliably reproduce PC glitching?

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
I know that the universal client (e.g., PC and now Android) sometimes glitches out after a while ... can anyone describe to me what makes it happen? Is it just after you play for a while, or in certain busy worlds, etc.? Thanks!

Comments

• Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Member Posts: 896
    You mean this?
    Capture.JPG
    1745 x 1012 - 106K
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339

You mean this?

Yeapp!
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,662
    I don’t think it matters how busy the world is. One time, DW gave me a spook my replacing the large steam jet (when it was in Griffinfoot Central) with a part of Blue Brick Base. It seems the different chunks of the world switch places with another chunk. From my experiences, there’s at least one glitched chunk per world. I’ll try to find a couple and put them here!
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,743
    edited August 31
    For me Times Square, Race City and other large developed wotlds sometimes don't last longer than a minute before lagging and breaking apart. For most PC racers they czn go through more than half of the racetrack before they havd yo restart the game. Maybe it depends on how powerful your computer is. Turning game off and starting again is the only way I can fix the problem.

New worlds I can mine to the bottom before this happens. Time size its always different, but I almost always get the loading symbol before things start to crash. Worse thing is that changing worlds doesn't help, If the game starts crashing in Times Square, I can change worlds and then parts of Times Square can start loading. Also patches of land seem to load up in screen sized rectangles, or parts of it and its always places that I last visited before game starts to crash.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 533
    Detech said:

For me Times Square, Race City and other large developed wotlds sometimes don't last longer than a minute before lagging and breaking apart. For most PC racers they czn go through more than half of the racetrack before they havd yo restart the game. Maybe it depends on how powerful your computer is. Turning game off and starting again is the only way I can fix the problem.

New worlds I can mine to the bottom before this happens. Time size its always different, but I almost always get the loading symbol before things start to crash. Worse thing is that changing worlds doesn't help, If the game starts crashing in Times Square, I can change worlds and then parts of Times Square can start loading. Also patches of land seem to load up in screen sized rectangles, or parts of it and its always places that I last visited before game starts to crash.

This happened to me way too many times. It's like you fall into some alternate dimension where nothing is how it's supposed to be. That's always how i described it...
  • HeroHero Member Posts: 14
    theres a thing on ios that is a bit game breaking but uncontrollable i dont know exactly how to do it and to be clear i did NOT abuse this. this bug/glitch is on ios. so sometimes when flying you would randomly get a bit laggy and when you did you could fly through anything no matter what it was and also another issue that seems to cause lag on ios is when you chat to much when ur typing it almost completely freezes up for whatever reason and that can cause miner lag spikes that can make you go through blocks with minor controllability i hope you can try to address these bugs thx
    Hero said:

theres a thing on ios that is a bit game breaking but uncontrollable i dont know exactly how to do it and to be clear i did NOT abuse this. this bug/glitch is on ios. so sometimes when flying you would randomly get a bit laggy and when you did you could fly through anything no matter what it was and also another issue that seems to cause lag on ios is when you chat to much when ur typing it almost completely freezes up for whatever reason and that can cause miner lag spikes that can make you go through blocks with minor controllability i hope you can try to address these bugs thx

We’re talking about computer, but to fix your problem, check your wifi.
    Detech said:

Ah, maybe this is why I can’t find any... I recently got a new laptop that can run things supa smooth. When I was in Times a while ago, I took a picture of the spawn being glitched right when I joined. I’ll try to find that.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 87
    vmh20 said:

Not sure if this is what you’re talking about, but I remember being in Times Square on the PC and everywhere in the world there was random big patches of dirt that I could mine and stand on. If I remember correctly I just got on, and maybe it’s in busy worlds? This happened to me twice in Times Square I believe.

Yup, I gave Windows a try once a week and I could see floating patches of dirt, or patches of nothing, and that means no tunnel backdrop while underground.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
    Sounds like there's not a consensus ... I've added exception tracking to the windows (and android) build, so hopefully that will shed some light soon.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,011
    I've noticed when lag begins all hell pretty much breaks loose on PC.

I was doing a pandora in a market the other day and the chunks of the world started meshing together and I was living with 0 health and had to type /spawn to respawn to just spawn at the pandora and die instantly again.

I've noticed the chunks loading over into other worlds and the strange darkness that appears usually happens once you've played for about 20+ minutes. Hope to see this fixed once it's all debugged, thanks mike!
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,110
    It sounds as if lack of processing power on PC is causing the issue but I don't know everyones potato pc specs so how would I know
    Multarix said:

It sounds as if lack of processing power on PC is causing the issue but I don't know everyones potato pc specs so how would I know

Mine’s a sponge >:(
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,110
    I'm tempted to download the pc version and run around for an hour and see if I can trigger this issue. My computer is fairly beefy so if it happens on that then I doubt it's related to processing power/ gpu power.
    Played around for 30mins and didn't see any sign of this glitching. Did see a lot of weird double planing and stuff.
  • Peashooter8890Peashooter8890 Plants Vs. ZombiesMember Posts: 32
    In my PC, it looks like iPhone or iPad players teleport when I am near them. They stop, than they move, and it becomes kind of laggy
  • Peashooter8890Peashooter8890 Plants Vs. ZombiesMember Posts: 32
    I can't make the situation where it glitches though, never tried it before. It just accidently happened one time
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,246
    I just glitched and fell through the world. All the dirt and backdrops disappeared, just the background of the world was visible. I fell to the bottom and died. I didn't take a screenshot because I *just* read this post, but if it happens again I'll take some screenshots!
    edited September 6
    the bottom half of the world is just gone.
    worldisgone.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • FishbotFishbot MarsMember Posts: 228
    i've had issues where like if i join a world and go to another world, the two world mix together and fuse, its really cool, but the only problem is that you can mine the stuff the comes from the other world and actually keep the item, so that definitely needs to be fixed. other than that this issue here has never happened to me, and it probably is because of processing power, that is why this hasn't happened to me, and i play on pc.
    Fishbot said:

i've had issues where like if i join a world and go to another world, the two world mix together and fuse, its really cool, but the only problem is that you can mine the stuff the comes from the other world and actually keep the item, so that definitely needs to be fixed. other than that this issue here has never happened to me, and it probably is because of processing power, that is why this hasn't happened to me, and i play on pc.

You can’t keep the item. It disappears the next time you join a world, including relogging.
  • hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 286
    edited September 7
    I just had a weird thing go on where I could trade in a non trade world. Not sure what that’s about.
    hugegnome said:

I just had a weird thing go on where I could trade in a non trade world. Not sure what that’s about.

If it was a private world that wasn’t public, then you’re able to trade there.
    So if you start falling through the world, interestingly enough if you start to place blocks, the world comes back around the block. Lol
    worldisgone2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 819K
    And then if you mine blocks, it also starts reappearing. It's kind of fun xD (minus the part where you can't see anything)

worldisgone3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 729K
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,743
    Today I played on Samsung S7 for about 5-8 min and then same sort of bug like on PC happened, off screen blocks did not load. BUT when I came closer to the edge, everything on screen loaded and again as I went on, everything off screen wasn't loaded. This kept repeating about 8 times and then I tried minimizing the screen and when I went back into the game,I got the screen stuck with the loading gear loading gear.image
    P.s. on screenshot left side of the screen is not loaded.
    Screenshot_20180923-172944_Deepworld.jpg
    1490 x 873 - 965K