Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Server Update 2018.13: "Macroom"

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
I'll be traveling later this week so I thought I'd get the next update out the door early!

This new server release launches SEVERE and EXTREME worlds for your exploratory pleasure. What does this mean?

- SEVERE or EXTREME environmental conditions matching that of the new weather machine (e.g., much faster/stronger heat, cold, and supernovae)
- A higher ratio of dungeons to bunkers
- A higher ratio of hostile mobs spawned vs peaceful ones
- Teleporters cannot be placed in EXTREME worlds

And a bonus:

- Slightly more new worlds overall!

Hope you enjoy that 20-30 second supernova interval XD

Comments

• ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 882
    Is there gonna be more than 1 luxury bunker per world once again?
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,193
    Can we buy these?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,040
    Plot twist: Mike is traveling to those cities while issuing these updates named after them
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,743
    edited September 5
    Awesome update!

Few things I noticed.
    1. Flying is a bit different on android. Staying in the air while building is very hard because the initial speedup is real slow.
    2. Bridge placement is difficult because where you click on screen, the item's bottom left corner is placed there, not middle. This will get time to get used to.
    3. Game doesn't disconnect when connection ia lost. Instead I get a message to reconnect and each time last 2-3 minutes of what I was building diasapeares.

So far each time I try to build on android, its a failure. I just get my dailies done.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 87
    Is there a way to take shelter from a supernova that isn't inside the dirt yet?
  • FishbotFishbot MarsMember Posts: 228
    i thought that the "2018.--" thing was for the months. 8-X
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,662
    I think that some things are still too rare
  • RedolantRedolant Member Posts: 183
    Just giving a suggestion, I think the bug where repairing a teleporter in a new world resetting a player's map should really be fixed soon. It forces the player to relog which is very annoying for people in competition while mining.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 210
    Redolant said:

Just giving a suggestion, I think the bug where repairing a teleporter in a new world resetting a player's map should really be fixed soon. It forces the player to relog which is very annoying for people in competition while mining.

Sometimes this puts me at spawn
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 257
    Redolant said:

PLS FIX IT ON IOS
  • MysticalSoulsMysticalSouls Member Posts: 9
    Can we just talk about the fact that people payed for an exo suit so we dont die from survival damage such as acid and lava rain and coldness. Its quite an expensive item i had to put £20 onto the game for it and now we arent even fully immune to survival damage. Hope mike fixes this issue its very annoying.
    edited September 8
    On my android S7 had issues switching worlds. Today couldn't switch worlds at all. When I go to the world tab I can see worlds, but when I click a world, the menu just closes.

Also can't find the multicraft option anywhere, not sure if that's normal.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,339
    Detech said:

On my android S7 had issues switching worlds. Today couldn't switch worlds at all. When I go to the world tab I can see worlds, but when I click a world, the menu just closes.

Also can't find the multicraft option anywhere, not sure if that's normal.

If you kill / restart the app, does it fix it?
    edited September 8
    Okay it works when I killed and restarted the app. This is part of an issue I already reported before. I logged in after i killed the app and everything I was building for past 15 minutes dissapeared. It seems like the game disconects from server, but it doesn't stop, so everything you do is not recorded and you can't join worlds.
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,193

Can we just talk about the fact that people payed for an exo suit so we dont die from survival damage such as acid and lava rain and coldness. Its quite an expensive item i had to put £20 onto the game for it and now we arent even fully immune to survival damage. Hope mike fixes this issue its very annoying.

It was never intended to protect against literally all damage. That would be way too OP.

If you want me to remove it from your inventory and return your crowns, let me know.
    Sent a pm..
  • CasparlyCasparly Somewhere in NeverlandMember Posts: 94
    I haven’t been able to play in months. Keeps saying network error occurred but my WiFi is fine
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,662
    Casparly said:

I haven’t been able to play in months. Keeps saying network error occurred but my WiFi is fine

Is your internet fine?
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 274
    edited September 14
    Casparly said:

I can’t play using my cellular WiFi :( ONLY deepworld it has a problem with :(

It’s been for couple of months now