Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Should above ground houses have more types of loot in them?

WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Member Posts: 146
edited September 20 in Feedback and Game Ideas
I would like to see paintings, fancy lamps, animal heads, and all other bigger items be taken out of the chest loot and be put into bunkers/houses.

Should above ground houses have more types of loot in them? 20 votes

Yes
80%
LordOreoAquaPhynnWhiteadderTheSeraphSimplinvmh20JusticeGamingTealHyenaChickenElectroxAldeysmofc1991ForestGump_CRYSTAL_KING_Slava_RossiyamrjacketVemoisbeat 16 votes
No
20%
LilyabcFishbotIvoryTescos 4 votes

Comments

• FishbotFishbot MarsMember Posts: 225
    edited September 20
    No
    This is absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Unless you mean like for a new building.

Oh wait I thought you meant floating houses... in that case this is even more dumber.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 705
    Yes

I would like to see paintings, fancy lamps, animal heads, and all other bigger items be taken out of the chest loot and be put into bunkers/houses.

I would love to add more variety to everything ... I’m hoping to continue work on Dungeon Generator 3.0 at some point, which would allow for all kinds of neat new structures. Including randomized above ground buildings!
    I’d love to see competition winners structures built :)
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 877
    Yes
    Of course there should be more type of loot
  • AldeysAldeys Member Posts: 36
    edited September 21
    Yes
    Well. It’s already the case for paintings and heads.
    There are 2 spots for painting category and at least 3-4 spots for head category, per map. And you can’t find these items in dungeons.

Adding more spots for those rares means that the rarity will decrease, unless you dilute the probability to find those in all these spots including the new ones.

So instead of having 4 head’s spots and with a stable probability of 10% that something can be found in these spots (to get a Zebra for example), we would have 8 spots but with a probability of 5% for each in order to keep the rarity of these items.

I think the actual balance is quite good, I’ll prefer to find less spots with higher chance than much more spots with lower chance.

However, yes I’d like to see dungeon-only-item (like stuffed, pinned and so on) spawn in some buildings, it’s a really good idea. I had the same idea for my concepts buildings.

But keep in mind that a simple change on one side equal lot of changes on all the others aspects of the game, the developers are the only dudes who knows how to exactly balance the game.
    Example: More natural loot spots could make the "luck" skill a little bit less attractive and useful.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 877
    Yes
    I always thought the lamps and lights should also spawn in houses
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 86
    No
    It'd make sense if it were items such as lamps, but since it's so easy to find and loot a house I don't think rarer items should be spawned in there.
  • SimplinSimplin Member Posts: 58
    Yes
    Your question really has two parts.

1. Yes, I am in favor of above ground houses having more variety. With reservation.
    Understand that one of the functions of the current variety is to help new players to level up quickly - each new item (a bit of wallpaper or whatever) found awards a nice bit of experience points. Know too that daily loot farmers would also benefit substantially more than the average player from any added variety.

Also, for the balance of the game it is important that these be items of relative low value. Which leads me to the second part of your question...

2. I feel "bigger items" in other words, "rare items" should not be added to above ground houses. I think rare items should remain rare and more rare items should be added.

Life / this game / owning a pet / getting an A in math is rewarding because it isn't easy.
    Success has value when hard work is done.

Stop trying to make things easy, it takes away from the fun.

• WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Member Posts: 146
    Simplin said:

Your question really has two parts.

1. Yes, I am in favor of above ground houses having more variety. With reservation.
    Understand that one of the functions of the current variety is to help new players to level up quickly - each new item (a bit of wallpaper or whatever) found awards a nice bit of experience points. Know too that daily loot farmers would also benefit substantially more than the average player from any added variety.

Also, for the balance of the game it is important that these be items of relative low value. Which leads me to the second part of your question...

2. I feel "bigger items" in other words, "rare items" should not be added to above ground houses. I think rare items should remain rare and more rare items should be added.

Life / this game / owning a pet / getting an A in math is rewarding because it isn't easy.
    Success has value when hard work is done.

Stop trying to make things easy, it takes away from the fun.

Yes I agree 100% with you, I don’t want any current items to be devalued in any way. We do not need any items to be made more common; we do need some more rare items for the pro players. I clearly worded the description wrong. This discussion was meant to ask for the public opinion on whether or not certain items should be taken out of the chest loot system and be placed in houses/bunkers.
  • TescosTescos SawConMember Posts: 76
    No
    I think lamps should be in the above ground houses for sure but not much else
  • VemoisbeatVemoisbeat dubaiMember Posts: 27
    Yes
    GOOD IDEA