Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Gripe: Codex Board Cheaters

DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
Some time ago llmmzz cheated their way to top of codex leaderboard, just to get past Sirentist on items crafted, for bragging rights. Though what there is to brag about except "I cheated good," I don't know.

Anyways, now a new person is doing it. The current person @mofc1991 has mined less then 2.5 million blocks, but somehow has crafted over 30 million items. They crafted FIVE MILLION items in the last five days. Unless all they mined was onyx and diamonds, there's no way to mine enough good stuff to trade for enough resources to buy your way to the top. The person was in the thick of the duping stuff, and their sudden uptick in crafting started right when all the duping was going on, which suggests they used millions of duped items to craft, or they used duped rares to buy duped resources to craft. Whatever the situation, it's obvious they're just cheating their way to the top to say they went past Sirentist. You know Siren crafts only from the stuff she mines, just look at how many things she's mined.

I remember when Millicent and Siren had a race for items crafted and I was totally rooting for Millicent because I knew she was playing fair. But it seems wrong to watch someone blatantly cheating their way up the board. If you look on their activity, less then 2 months ago they were like "How am I suppose to do this, sirentist is 10 million ahead". They obviously figured out a way to do it, but it sure wasn't by playing fair.

Why is this sort of leaderboard cheating tolerated? Why haven't the people duping or using duped items in such large quantities been punished, as in having their game accounts banned? It's sad that cheating is such a huge accepted and even applauded part of the game. I'm sure mofc will be able to cheat past Sirentist and will post all over Screenshot of the Day and Activity and people will be congratulatory because everyone is sick of Siren at the top. I get tired of seeing Siren at the top of all the boards, too, but I just can't get behind someone cheating her out of it. I want someone to beat her fair and square.

Comments

• DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
    We already know it's possible, two people have already done it. If you "beat" her it will only be for a little while unless you make that your entire gameplay for the rest of the time you play, and even then I'm not sure you could sustain it for long. Siren is and always has been a steady player who mines and crafts a ridiculous amount.

Thank u for explaining your method. It still strikes me as unfair but you have a valid argument for it just being another way to play the game. I still think it is interesting that people suddenly had so many craft ingredients for you at exactly the same time as the duping, and in the fallout from the duping, the many duped items that were not removed from peoples inventory, etc. Also it is very difficult for me to understand how you are able to gather ingredients to craft five million items in barely five days. Especially with so few players in the game at any one time. I guess there are mysteries to trading that I will never appreciate.

Also I'm not sure why you're referring to me as a boy or why you care how often I log on to forums or comment, how is that relevant. And I do not know what a "bit" is, you will have to explain that to me before I agree or not.
  • AldeysAldeys Member Posts: 36
    I already traded with him, especially those famous blocks of earth.
    And when I talk about trade I mean 500k easy, I gave him like 200k because he seems to be a confident player.

I even see him asking for people to trade some earth, and this each time I see him around.

But thanks to this topic, I understand why he want that much quantity of block and why he was willing to trade his rares for this kind of stuff.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 395
    In the end it’s just a leaderboard, it has no real effect on the game. I find it interesting that someone would spend all their loot on normally valueless resources. Different players have different goals that they want to achieve. Trading for craftable resources is by no means cheating or duping. I for one , applaud Mofc , for giving Sirentist a run for her money.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 644
    As I say when I typed boy I was suppost to type person but somehow autocorrected it and the point is @Sirentist is extremely difficult to beat as you get one step closer she gets 1 step closer and boom out of nowhere your so close to taking that spot she goes and crafts millions more but I still keep going
  • TescosTescos SawConMember Posts: 76
    Maybe, if you played the game Diane, you would know that mofc is a legit player and that trading for dirt, stone and ores is all mofc trades for. He spends every rare he has on them.
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave ArcanGroveMember Posts: 213
    L O L, stop your accusations and ACTUALLY PLAY the game
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,106
    So... you... went out of your way to call this person a cheater, for doing completely legitimate things via game mechanics that were intended...

Then when the person responds basically saying that they did trade for items so they can craft...

You admit you were wrong and try and... what? Dismiss their efforts and claim it was pointless?
    Sirentist said:

I usually let my supplies build up and then go on little crafting sprees but I didn't realize it was perceived as some sort of challenge or that it would make someone else's gameplay experience feel so frustrating. I'll hold off until you catch up, @mofc1991 -- I'm happy to have someone else take the top slot. However once you achieve your goal, I can't promise that I won't need to get back to crafting again!

You keep on crafting those supplies as much as ya want I’ll come back as quick as I can and make the best crafter take and hold the spot
    ;)
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 877
    edited October 3
    You dont need to be that rich to buy earth and stone and a lot of people are giving him ressources for free to help him reach #1 Mofc isn't using any cheat to get there

The only player that i know of that cheated his way to the leaderboards is called "Gayblade"
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
    Multarix said:

So... you... went out of your way to call this person a cheater, for doing completely legitimate things via game mechanics that were intended...

Then when the person responds basically saying that they did trade for items so they can craft...

You admit you were wrong and try and... what? Dismiss their efforts and claim it was pointless?

They said they were trying to see if it was possible... but we already know it's possible, so what is the point? I'm allowed to think it's pointless and sad to build your entire gaming around wheeling and dealing your way up the leaderboard just to see if you can outstrip someone who got to the top by actually putting in the long hours mining and crafting. So yeah, I have an opinion. Also you are certainly one to talk, since you always have such positive things to say about everyone and everything lol At least I'm capable of admitting when I'm wrong
    Diane said:

Some time ago llmmzz cheated their way to top of codex leaderboard, just to get past Sirentist on items crafted, for bragging rights. Though what there is to brag about except "I cheated good," I don't know.

Anyways, now a new person is doing it. The current person @mofc1991 has mined less then 2.5 million blocks, but somehow has crafted over 30 million items. They crafted FIVE MILLION items in the last five days. Unless all they mined was onyx and diamonds, there's no way to mine enough good stuff to trade for enough resources to buy your way to the top. The person was in the thick of the duping stuff, and their sudden uptick in crafting started right when all the duping was going on, which suggests they used millions of duped items to craft, or they used duped rares to buy duped resources to craft. Whatever the situation, it's obvious they're just cheating their way to the top to say they went past Sirentist. You know Siren crafts only from the stuff she mines, just look at how many things she's mined.

I remember when Millicent and Siren had a race for items crafted and I was totally rooting for Millicent because I knew she was playing fair. But it seems wrong to watch someone blatantly cheating their way up the board. If you look on their activity, less then 2 months ago they were like "How am I suppose to do this, sirentist is 10 million ahead". They obviously figured out a way to do it, but it sure wasn't by playing fair.

Why is this sort of leaderboard cheating tolerated? Why haven't the people duping or using duped items in such large quantities been punished, as in having their game accounts banned? It's sad that cheating is such a huge accepted and even applauded part of the game. I'm sure mofc will be able to cheat past Sirentist and will post all over Screenshot of the Day and Activity and people will be congratulatory because everyone is sick of Siren at the top. I get tired of seeing Siren at the top of all the boards, too, but I just can't get behind someone cheating her out of it. I want someone to beat her fair and square.

Another point is I’m not even a premium player all I did was mine to get my rares and trade them out for earth or other minerals and the fact that I have 2.5 million blocks mines is becuase it’s what I’ve done naturally in the areas I’ve explored
    :)
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,793
    Diane said:

Multarix said:

They said they were trying to see if it was possible... but we already know it's possible, so what is the point? I'm allowed to think it's pointless and sad to build your entire gaming around wheeling and dealing your way up the leaderboard just to see if you can outstrip someone who got to the top by actually putting in the long hours mining and crafting. So yeah, I have an opinion. Also you are certainly one to talk, since you always have such positive things to say about everyone and everything lol At least I'm capable of admitting when I'm wrong
    LOL! You know it's bad when MPW calls you out for not being nice enough!
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 263
    Your a joke !
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,793
    The issue/question has been resolved/explained and the OP has backed off from her original accusations. There's no need for people to keep coming along and beating a dead horse. If someone wants to start a new thread continuing the conversation about what constitutes "legitimate" play, go for it -- but this thread has lived its short unhappy life and is over and done now.

-sprinkles happy sparkly unicorn dust* around while closing discussion-