Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Does DW need an Official Market ?

AldeysAldeys Member Posts: 36
Market world is somehow a substantial subject in this game, and it’s understandable since it regroup 3 important gameplay mechanics in this game : CHATING with people, TRADING items you find , BUILDING for creativity.
And why I am making this pole ? Because I like this game and I believe that Market World is the thing that maintain this game alive, maybe, and also because I don’t like the actual setup.

1-2 : Made by Mike Laurence in person and may the main spawn be made in collaboration with builders.
Unofficials markets are allowed. Price is 30$

3-4 : Made by Mike Laurence in person and may the main spawn be made in collaboration with builders.
Unofficials markets are not allowed. People can see their market refunded.
May a moderator be assigned to the world for small maintenance and justice integrity. (Sirentist would be a good moderator for example)

5-6 : Keeping the current state.
Changes ? Like moderator and new properties.

7 : No market like how it was a long time ago, just ... be done with this all damn thing.

Does DW need an Official Market ? 31 votes

We need an unique official market PLUS unofficials markets.
41%
FreshXvmh20TealHyenaChickenSmoothyJackyLilyabcLikoFishbotgazzzRazeHeroRebus 13 votes
We need several officials markets PLUS unofficials markets.
0%
We need an unique official market, no unofficials markets.
0%
We need several officials markets, no unofficials markets.
12%
X_Onyx_XAldeysmofc1991Tescos 4 votes
Current state of the market universe is perfect.
6%
IronManArcherForestGump 2 votes
Current state of the market universe is nearly perfect, but need some changes.
6%
EverywhenElectrox 2 votes
We don’t need any markets.
25%
ItzDenniszLordOreoAquaPhynnhugegnomeMonsieur_JackJusticeGamingAMENAZZYmrjacket 8 votes
We need something else.
6%
TNT_Sophie_Slava_Rossiya 2 votes

Comments

• mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 267
    We already Have 100 markets
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 711
    I like my market @Deepworid
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115
    We don't need an official market. "Official" markets just lead to people being filling the world with protectors and signs and making the place look ugly.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
    edited October 10
    30$?! Um, no thanks.

EDIT: Also, I’m spending all of my rares trying to make my own safe, reliable, and fun market, so a new dev market would NOT be good.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,903
    why is this discussion still going on..
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 63
    We need something else.
    We should just completely discard the ideas of Market Worlds and bring back free trade in any other regular world. Doing this would hopefully allow players to build stores in any other regular world, attracting other players to come down and settle/colonize these worlds like before in the old Deepworld.

We should just completely discard the ideas of Market Worlds and bring back free trade in any other regular world. Doing this would hopefully allow players to build stores in any other regular world, attracting other players to come down and settle/colonize these worlds like before in the old Deepworld.

That would make Mike and team get less money : P
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115
    I'm sure most people would agree that entering a random public world with a bunch of people being like "WTB NOTCH" would be rather annoying. The market world is where that stuff belongs
  • TescosTescos SawConMember Posts: 132
    Sirentist would NOT be a good moderator, if there was one for a market world as she is never in public worlds lets be real (No hate)
  • ChickenChicken playing paladins Member Posts: 1,356
    We need an unique official market PLUS unofficials markets.
    Am I the only one bothered by them putting “an unique” and not “a unique” ??? :bz
  • AldeysAldeys Member Posts: 36
    Chicken said:

Am I the only one bothered by them putting “an unique” and not “a unique” ??? :bz

Yes sorry, I’m not English and I forgot about the exceptions for words like university, unique etc
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 1,013
    I think it's been overlooked that there are "official markets" already. Times was one of many. If you need your "official market" so badly use North Market or one of the many others. Player owned markets were added in the hopes of replacing them and it was seen that it wasn't working with Times Square hogging the spotlight.

Markets should be seen as a place for trade and communication as well as getting your world more recognized(hence the $30 price tag).

I think we are good on markets at the moment and don't need an official market, if you direly need one, the old markets that were created by mike still exist.

That's my opinion anyways.
  • hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 286
    edited October 13
    Keep player owned markets so devs don’t pull another fast one on us and close successful popular ones down. With that being said let us have more control over our purchased market.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisMember Posts: 286
    Guys, excusez-moi, but can someone explain me why did market worlds come out at first? I’m a player playing since 2012, and I miss the days that we would just trade wherever we want. For example, once when I was building one of my first houses with a friend before the markets came out, we could just close our supply lack without going to a market world. Of course I’m aware of the economical revenue of market worlds but can’t you just earn the cost of 2000 crown by something else? Just pay their 2000 crown to players that bought market and close this page. Anyway, yes or no, we all know what’s gonna happen, so don’t need to bother ourselves with writing, think better.
    But... my market : P
  • AMENAZZYAMENAZZY Member Posts: 42
    Go to trade tower free market and u don’t need to pay 30$ for one market :bz