Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Arctic worlds randomly killing me...

Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 412
So I noticed I’ve been freezing in non severe or non extreme arctic worlds. I’ve only been mildly annoyed until I joined a arctic quarry world. So I was in first, froze to death, made my way back to first, froze again, froze a third time and was eliminated from competition. To top it off my ranking actually dropped because of this. Is this how it’s supposed to be? @mikelaurence it happens in all arctic worlds including private that were previously fine.

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,682
    You freeze in every arctic world :/
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
    edited October 22
    Mike recently nerfed environmental immunity (such as that once provided by exosuit).
    Sirentist said:

Mike recently nerfed environmental immunity (such as that once provided by exosuit).

Ah yes, there’s also that : P
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 947
    So what’s the point in owning an exosuit now
    edited October 24

Some resistance. Though, it would be logical to drop it down to 500 or 600 crowns now that it isn't OP.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 982

Spikes and swimming in acid and lava.. I guess idk. I don't have one.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 412
    So let me get this straight, any arctic world you go to regardless of exo suit or survival skill will have a random chance of freezing u to death? What about weather machines, will those be able to stop that random freeze from occurring?
    Bastian7 said:

So let me get this straight, any arctic world you go to regardless of exo suit or survival skill will have a random chance of freezing u to death? What about weather machines, will those be able to stop that random freeze from occurring?

I don’t think it’s randomly freezing, just very slowly freezing, and weather machines can reduce the amount of freezingness even more.
    Bastian7 said:

Yes, you can stop it with a weather machine.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 412
    No iron man, sometimes it’s a slow freeze and sometimes it’s so bad u can’t get anything done without a heat source nearby.
  • JackyJacky TownsvilleMember Posts: 90
    edited October 25
    Does survival level not do anything for freezing?
    I thought having it high enough makes you immune.
    Jacky said:

Does survival level not do anything for freezing?
    I thought having it high enough makes you immune.

Mike nerfed environmental immunity.
  • RedolantRedolant Member Posts: 186
    I’ve had an experience like that in an arctic quarry. I started turning blue every 1-3 minutes which was pretty unusual. I had survival 12 and exo suit. Had to keep placing fireplaces along the surface of the world or one near spawn to /sp and survive for a bit more.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 982
    Redolant said:

I’ve had an experience like that in an arctic quarry. I started turning blue every 1-3 minutes which was pretty unusual. I had survival 12 and exo suit. Had to keep placing fireplaces along the surface of the world or one near spawn to /sp and survive for a bit more.

Thats weird. I have less survival than you and I rarely turn blue.