Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Server Update 2018.16: "Pocklington"

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343
Phase one of Daily Challenges are arriving! 🎉

Starting today at Daily Loot O'Clock (6 PM EST), the first daily challenge will begin. It's a deepworld classic pastime: hunt down normal adult terrapi! Every time you score against the challenge, you'll see a message +1 challenge pt (10). (The number in parentheses is your ongoing daily score.)

Each day at 6 PM a new Daily Challenge will start, and you'll see an alert about what the challenge is. Right now there's no threshold to win anything -- it's purely competitive, to see who can do the best. You can view the leaderboard at http://www.deepworldgame.com/players.

May the best terrapus hunter win!

In the future:

- Daily loot will be acquired by achieving a threshold in the Daily Challenge rather than a single XP amount
- The codex will display past challenges, with a focus on the winners
- In-game announcements of the prior challenge's winners
- In-game leaderboards
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 277
    Woohooo!
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343
    edited October 23
    Edit: leaderboard back in place!
    Post edited by mikelaurence on
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,682
    edited October 23
    YAAAAAAAY THANKS MIKE

EDIT: I can see more activity already!
  • TescosTescos SawConMember Posts: 102
    plat jet ;---;
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
    Why do I always see these things 15 hours after they started, lol!

Also, the message (+1 challenge pt) seems to stop appearing after a while. But you can see your count on the codex so it doesn't really matter.
    Also, is the alert persistent (like you have to click it to make it go away)? Or is there a way to know what the daily challenge is if you miss the alert? Or say, maybe you're old and absent-minded and you forget. Not that anything like that would ever happen to me, of course.
    edited October 24
    Sirentist said:

Also, is the alert persistent (like you have to click it to make it go away)? Or is there a way to know what the daily challenge is if you miss the alert? Or say, maybe you're old and absent-minded and you forget. Not that anything like that would ever happen to me, of course.

I'm going to bake all this into the client so it's more clear.

Also, the current challenge is listed at the top of the board in the codex.
  • gazzzgazzz Member Posts: 22
    Will placing come back in any updates?
    gazzz said:

Was placing removed..?
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 883
    @mikelaurence the scores for quarry leaderboard are not going down at all its been over a week since i have last played a quarry and my score is still sitting at 1000
    Electrox said:

@mikelaurence the scores for quarry leaderboard are not going down at all its been over a week since i have last played a quarry and my score is still sitting at 1000

Hoping to spend some time addressing the rating system this weekend.

gazzz said:

Was placing removed..?
    Like spam placing

gazzz said:

gazzz said:

Was placing removed..?
    Like spam placing
    I'm anxious for placing to go back to normal, too. Can't wait. I'm disliking the new placing penalties way more than I ever objected to the duping.

Also, turns out there's now a cap on how fast you can mine, as well.

-cries-
    Sirentist said:

gazzz said:

gazzz said:

Was placing removed..?
    Like spam placing
    I'm anxious for placing to go back to normal, too. Can't wait. I'm disliking the new placing penalties way more than I ever objected to the duping.

Also, turns out there's now a cap on how fast you can mine, as well.

-cries-
    I want ti place all my earth backdrops .-. I have like 3mil
    Server update update: I've added a "congrats" message that displays yesterday's top 3 winners to the daily challenge notification. It's a bit quick to fade out on iOS, I will make it last longer in the next client update!

Server update update: I've added a "congrats" message that displays yesterday's top 3 winners to the daily challenge notification. It's a bit quick to fade out on iOS, I will make it last longer in the next client update!

I saw it, and, of course, @Sirentist was in first XD
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 883

I saw it, and, of course, @Sirentist was in first XD
    I won the first daily challenge but im waiting for it to actually give you something to go for first place again