Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Daily Challenge Trophies

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343
What's the point of all these Daily Challenges, anyway? Do I get to win stuff or what?

The answer is, you bet! Check out our latest blog post:
http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/179571733056/daily-challenges-and-trophies

And in case you're wondering, YES we will be rewarding these retroactively. So make sure you get on those Daily Challenges immediately!
trophies.png
800 x 503 - 443K

Comments

• mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 267
    nice
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 870
    That’s awesome! I’ll make sure to attempt for first place now.
  • RedolantRedolant Member Posts: 186
    edited October 30
    When will this update be put into effect?
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 704
    Wow nice! Back from a 5-week long trip and excited about the things you're doing Mike. Just played my first game of quarry and had heaps of fun
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
    edited October 30
    Is there a list somewhere of previous challenges and their winners?

ETA:
    Oops, never mind. Read the blog post, Siren.
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave ArcanGroveMember Posts: 256
    edited October 30
    aw wow :))
    now I gotta cutoff my building time to join the race :'( hahaha
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,759
    edited October 30
    Large Trophy could also be for winning the daily event x amount of times :)

@Mikelawrence there is a but where when you click your own notes on PC or Android, they appear clear. If you click them and then click cancel, the text remains, but You can never see, or edit what you wrote on your own notes, only rewrite it from scratch.
    Post edited by Detech on
    Notes and Signs/Plaques
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,682
    OoO

Did someone mention something... shiny?
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 883
    So when can we expect to get those trophies if we already got 1st once
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 412
    I thought the first week was just a trial and didn’t count towards anything?
  • FishbotFishbot MarsMember Posts: 228
    It makes me almost want to do a challenge. If only the challenges were more fun like dungeon raiding or Pandoras boxes contained.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343
    Fishbot said:

It makes me almost want to do a challenge. If only the challenges were more fun like dungeon raiding or Pandoras boxes contained.

I'll be adding stuff like that soon :)
  • KillerpoohbearKillerpoohbear Member Posts: 5
    Sounds fun and cool! But I will need to up my game with everyone taking these challenges to extreme level with the high scores. Haha
  • gazzzgazzz Member Posts: 22
    I dont do the challenges u can beat me
    Sirentist said:

It might be kind of cool to have parallel mystery challenges, too. Like, one day might be a secret/unannounced challenge for who catches the most butterflies, but no one knows that's the hidden challenge, so you don't have the same people gaming the leaderboard day in and day out. The person who gets the butterfly challenge reward is the one who actually catches butterflies as part of their regular gameplay. Or collecting fossils. Planting flowers. Whatever.

Then it wouldn't matter if a person was high-level or had tons of resources or had tons of minions who give them resources or whatever. People would just get rewarded for what they do best.

Hear hear! I want a chance at the tall trophy too :D
    edited November 6
    Looting sacks on a mac is fun! Especially the delayed sparkles part!
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343
    Sirentist said:

?
  • RedolantRedolant Member Posts: 186
    Today's challenge is bashing birds, but how exactly? I've tried using a pickaxe, shovel, sledgehammer, net, spade, rapier, hatchet, cane, and whatever else I've missed that's melee. I've also bombed birds but neither action worked. Could you specify how to bash birds? @mikelaurence
    edited November 6
    Redolant said:

Today's challenge is bashing birds, but how exactly? I've tried using a pickaxe, shovel, sledgehammer, net, spade, rapier, hatchet, cane, and whatever else I've missed that's melee. I've also bombed birds but neither action worked. Could you specify how to bash birds? @mikelaurence

Did you try using boots?
    Edit: Nevermind, just tried it, didn't see any daily points added.
    Did you try tesla club?

Sirentist said:

?
    LOL on Mac sometimes it can take a while for the sparkle to appear, depending on how laggy things are in general. And if you're falling down previously-excavated tunnels, even without lag, it's very easy to go past unlooted sacks/crates/etc. before the sparkle is triggered.
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 376
    at the risk of sounding like a sore loser, I think maybe there is some flaw in a system that has the same person winning 95% of all the daily challenges. At the very least it is discouraging.., I like the idea of hidden or unannounced challenges
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Member Posts: 896
    edited November 12
    Diane said:

at the risk of sounding like a sore loser, I think maybe there is some flaw in a system that has the same person winning 95% of all the daily challenges. At the very least it is discouraging.., I like the idea of hidden or unannounced challenges

Or adding some anti afk system for example random popup on the screen that says “press me” and your x amount of challenge completions count only if you press it
  • TescosTescos SawConMember Posts: 102

Diane said:

Or adding some anti afk system for example random popup on the screen that says “press me” and your x amount of challenge completions count only if you press it
    Whenever I go afk, it logs me out after like 20 mins and I spoke to other people they said it did it to them too so I think there may already be an anti-afk thing inplace
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Member Posts: 896
    Tescos said:

Diane said:

Whenever I go afk, it logs me out after like 20 mins and I spoke to other people they said it did it to them too so I think there may already be an anti-afk thing inplace
    Hmmm i think that’s just deepworlds servers being unstable. But if that’s the anti-afk system then it can be bypassed by adding log in macros because you only need to press like 1 more button.

Tescos said:

Diane said:

Hmmm i think that’s just deepworlds servers being unstable. But if that’s the anti-afk system then it can be bypassed by adding log in macros because you only need to press like 1 more button.
    Or an autoclicker. Maybe there could be several challenges instead of one normal one and a hidden one (or several hidden ones).