Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Weather Machine Bug? Instant De-Purification

SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
I placed a regular weather machine in a purified temperate world and was messing around with settings. I tested out the "always rain" and "never rain" functions. When I chose "always rain," my world instantly went from purified to 100% acidity. Changing the rain back to normal has had no effect on the acidity, which now seems to be counting down again in its usual interminable fashion.

Has anyone else experienced this? The weather machine resetting a world's toxicity level?

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,757
    I placed three in seperate worlds and switched tobrain and back in all of them and that didn't happen. But I did this when they came out, maybe it is the new update that had this effect?
  • mrjacketmrjacket Member Posts: 267
    We Want Onyx Weather Machine
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
    edited November 2
    I didn't have any problem back when I placed a diamond weather machine. Maybe it's related to the regular machine? Or as Detech suggests, something to do with the new update.

My world is still toxic, slowly purifying, and now I'm afraid to even touch the stupid weather machine for fear that *any* configuration change will trigger the de-purification again!
    mrjacket said:

We Want Onyx Weather Machine

Please don't use this thread as a place to demand things that you want implemented in the future. This discussion is for talking about weather machines having a bug that causes instant toxicity. Thanks.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,757
    edited November 2
    Just switched to always rain and then back to no rain in a world and acidity went to 100%. That did not happen before.

Also, I cant click weather machines on android.

Screenshot_20181102-143109.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 813K
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,111
    While we're on this subject, I feel as though a weather machine should be able to convert a world from toxic to non-toxic at will (within reason). Someone out there probably wants their world toxic for whatever reason, and there is no way to convert between them.

Or maybe someone wants acid rain in a hell biome... or lava rain in a normal biome. Would it not be possible to have a weather machine control these things?
    Multarix said:

While we're on this subject, I feel as though a weather machine should be able to convert a world from toxic to non-toxic at will (within reason). Someone out there probably wants their world toxic for whatever reason, and there is no way to convert between them.

Or maybe someone wants acid rain in a hell biome... or lava rain in a normal biome. Would it not be possible to have a weather machine control these things?

As with the onyx weather machine idea, I think this sort of feedback would make more sense in a discussion about desired features, rather than getting lost in this one, which is just trying to pin down/draw attention to a bug. Maybe someone should start a new thread about all the additional weather-machine-related features we wish for?
  • SookaSooka Somewhere on NeptuneMember Posts: 20
    I place a weather machine in my world and had the same problem.. Had to wait for 3 days til my world was purified again. I'm like too afraid to touch the darn thing now.