Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Bird Bashing not working?

ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 704
I'm currently in-game with a bunch of people using anything we can think of to kill birds but nothing gives challenge points. Are we missing the obvious @mikelaurence

Comments

• mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343

I'm currently in-game with a bunch of people using anything we can think of to kill birds but nothing gives challenge points. Are we missing the obvious @mikelaurence

Ehhh yeah seems broken. I'll take a look.
    Okay bird bashing should now be a go. Get ur sledges out!
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 704
    Thanks!
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
    One hour later...

Also, omg, how much do I hate critical hits?! Why do they have to drop crap on the floor instead of into inventory, whyyyyyy
  • RedolantRedolant Member Posts: 186
    @Sirentist I think if there are crystal blocks surrounding the spawn/sky backdrop for the birds, no feathers will drop.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 704
    Yeah today was a day of quiet study and now I’ve somehow ended up becomming a bird bashing monster. Hahahaha oh well this will be my one and only trophy (hopefully!) and I’m not planning on participating in more challenges anytime soon. On an unrelated note, I have so many butterflies now so that makes me happy
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,682

Yeah today was a day of quiet study and now I’ve somehow ended up becomming a bird bashing monster. Hahahaha oh well this will be my one and only trophy (hopefully!) and I’m not planning on participating in more challenges anytime soon. On an unrelated note, I have so many butterflies now so that makes me happy

MASS EXTINCTION
    775C68B9-91E5-4EA5-9C90-56FBC5CC1144.jpeg
    568 x 430 - 191K

MASS EXTINCTION
    Those poor birds never saw it coming
    edited November 7
    @ChatotTheParrot are you using a platinum sledge? (Wondering if maybe Mike gave platinum tools better stats after all)

ETA: nvm, just saw your wall post. Never thought of using a net to kill birds, lol! I tried the tesla, the rapier, shovel, pick, and when none of them worked, figured Mike was being really strict about requiring them to be bashed by the sledgehammer & sledgehammer only. I can't imagine how many butterflies I've destroyed by now!

ETA: Turns out shovel does work towards challenge. Cane, too, lol! But not rapier or tesla. Whyyyyyyy
    Post edited by Sirentist on
    I'm using an onyx sledge on a desktop Mac, and even though my sledge kills much much faster than my net, I still can't keep up with ChatotTheParrot. I'm beginning to think that maybe the net on PC is like the shovel on PC: mysteriously wayyyy faster and more powerful than other platforms. We must do experiments to find out more! Science!

Also, if it's not possible to kill crows as FAST AS POSSIBLE on a Mac, then I want to lodge a complaint. I mean, half my gameplay revolves around killing crows. To not be able to dispatch them with utmost efficiency is just wrong. Like being slapped in the face with a dead crow. I'm just saying.
    Sirentist said:

I'm using an onyx sledge on a desktop Mac, and even though my sledge kills much much faster than my net, I still can't keep up with ChatotTheParrot. I'm beginning to think that maybe the net on PC is like the shovel on PC: mysteriously wayyyy faster and more powerful than other platforms. We must do experiments to find out more! Science!

Also, if it's not possible to kill crows as FAST AS POSSIBLE on a Mac, then I want to lodge a complaint. I mean, half my gameplay revolves around killing crows. To not be able to dispatch them with utmost efficiency is just wrong. Like being slapped in the face with a dead crow. I'm just saying.

Damage is computed server side, so AFAIK it should be the same.
    Sirentist said:

ETA: Turns out shovel does work towards challenge. Cane, too, lol! But not rapier or tesla. Whyyyyyyy

Bashing = bludgeoning damage is this context :) Rapier is slashing damage, tesla club is electric damage (ideally it would be half bludgeon, half electric, but that's not possible at the moment.)
    I’m not sure how I feel about this 🤔
    8A33F775-41B2-4DBC-91A2-3B4BBEE7616C.jpeg
    564 x 923 - 408K
    It was annoying, that’s for sure. Props to the people who can do it every day but I’m out for awhile lol

Sirentist said:

Damage is computed server side, so AFAIK it should be the same.
    ChatotTheParrot and I have been comparing notes and it seems pretty clear that on PC, the onyx net does the same amount of damage as an onyx sledge. Other than being on two different platforms, there was no real difference between our individual strategies. Certainly there is nothing to explain the huge gap in our kill counts other than the idea that PC kills happen faster than Mac ones.

If this sort of thing is totally server side, then all actions on all platforms should take identical amounts of time. Yet it is a known "feature" that PC shoveling is significantly faster than mining, on both PC and other platforms. So I'm not sure why it would be any different for onyx nets?

Maybe when this is done, ChatotTheParrot and I can do some side-by-side comparisons under perfectly controlled conditions.

-holds sledge up and makes skinny eyes at ChatotTheParrot-
    The spoils of war
    Capture.JPG
    307 x 123 - 18K
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,759

The spoils of war

Did you hammer all those skeletons out of the birds? :)
    edited November 8
    Detech said:

The spoils of war

Did you hammer all those skeletons out of the birds? :)
    They must’ve had quite the appetite!