Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworld Running "Hot"?

SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
Over the past few days I've noticed my computer fan revving up while playing Deepworld. It starts slow and climbs very quickly. I don't know when or if it tops out because I've just been shutting down the game whenever it happens. I can't seem to figure out the pattern of when it does it. Yesterday it seemed random, or perhaps related to certain biome types. The last two times I started the game this morning, it began happening within seconds.

I've also been noticing huge amounts of lag as compared to normal.

Mac 27" Retina Desktop, which up until now has always run Deepworld smoothly, without significantly heating up the computer.

Has something changed? I'm using v2.11.1 -- is there a different version I should be using?

Has anyone else noticed the game suddenly taxing their device more than before?

Comments

• MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 225
    This also happens to my iPad
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 987
    This tends to happen to my mac too. It only gets hot when I'm playing DW.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,797
    I noticed that when I am building in one spot, the game works well. But if I am exploring, or especially when I am going through developed worlds, my phone overheats really fast. Must be because it's loading so many different blocks at once.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
    The only thing I can think of would be the increased entity behavior.

@Sirentist can you PM me during the day Saturday/Sunday if you notice it, and I can investigate the server you're on at that time? I'll be working on DW stuff then.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887

@Sirentist can you PM me during the day Saturday/Sunday if you notice it, and I can investigate the server you're on at that time? I'll be working on DW stuff then.

Okdok. I've started to think it really gets worse when I'm raiding dungeons, which would make sense if it's entities, what with all the brains & turrets (sometimes it seems like the game interprets turrets as a kind of entity, lol)
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 419
    My iPad Pro isn’t any hotter than normal but I noticed all the lag yesterday. Really it was in every world, public or private. I haven’t done much but farm butterflies today, but the lag seems much better today.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
    Sirentist said:

Okdok. I've started to think it really gets worse when I'm raiding dungeons, which would make sense if it's entities, what with all the brains & turrets (sometimes it seems like the game interprets turrets as a kind of entity, lol)
    But aren’t turrets entities?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349

Sirentist said:

Turrets are blocks AND entities :D

However, turrets shouldn't increase lag much, since they don't move, so aren't much affected by the recent change.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887

Sirentist said:

However, turrets shouldn't increase lag much, since they don't move, so aren't much affected by the recent change.
    Turrets totally move. They swivel.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115
    Sirentist said:

Sirentist said:

Turrets totally move. They swivel.
    Turrets also shoot particles of some description. Which I'd assume are also entities.