Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Mister Market

IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
edited November 16 in Questions
Hello fellow players!

Today, I’d like to ask another deep and unnerving question: Will any of you actually use Mister Market if I get a market converter? I can’t find anyone who’s selling one, so I was thinking of spending the $30 I need to get it. Believe it or not, that would be the most I’ve ever spent on a video game, so it’s a pretty big thing for me to do. I realize that might not be a lot for some of you, but for me it is. So, again, will anyone use Mister if I buy the converter?

Also, if anyone has a market converter, now would be the last chance to sell it to me for 10 onyx. Comment or message me if you have one and will take the onyx. Thanks!

Mister Market 10 votes

Of course I’ll use it!
40% 4 votes
Nope. Trade Tower or other markets are enough.
60% 6 votes

Comments

• Xavier789Xavier789 North Sentinel IslandMember Posts: 145
    Why wouldent i use it?, all the other markets are filled with protecters and stuff.
    Also i'd like a new market every once awhile, things get boring.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
    The danger of basing your real-life spending on in-game expectations (or promises) is that DW is constantly cycling and changing. It's extremely difficult to build a world that's guaranteed to be popular enough, for long enough, to make it worth your money, no matter how much people assure you that they'll use the market you build.

The bottom line is that popular worlds come and go. If you're looking for assurances that people will regard your build as the new Times Square, well, honestly, I would say then you shouldn't spend the $30.

However it's clear from your many appeals over the last weeks and months for someone to sell you a converter that you really, really, really want to create a market. Perhaps the satisfaction of following through on this wish will, in itself, be worth the money you spend.
  • Burr1toPL4YBurr1toPL4Y Member Posts: 92
    edited November 16
    I agree with @Sirentist I've experienced this with PVP worlds. Back on early days of DW on my other account. "GTA 5" used to be the PVP world that was the most popular, then came "Cake Land" and now that has gone down, cause of what I heard. Not saying it's true, but trust broken because of griefing. So if you still want to convert, then go ahead. It's a good idea and I would like to use that market for space since it's new. But just think about it.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
    Before you spend the money, though, be sure you've really thought through your entire plan. And always remember there will be someone who griefs, someone who places gigas and megas, someone with 517 micros who uses them to claim valuable real estate or interfere with other people's builds.

If you don't factor in ahead of time how you're going to deal with these people, then you'll end up feeling really frustrated and defeated and like you just wasted a bunch of money on a game full of jerks. Not that I've personally ever experienced anything like that, of course.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
    I was thinking of getting a ton of spawners or landmark plaques to keep people from placing pros larger than a micro.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 419
    I go where the traders are, regardless of which market it is.