Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Soundtrack: Requiems and Lullabies

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
I guess it's poetic that the Deepworld soundtrack has mirrored the game -- gradually seeing progress, but never quite done. Ha...

But! It's something I really want to finish. The holidays are as good a time for some forward movement as any, so I've uploaded two previously unheard tracks that are 95% done (both were started years ago, and I've been working on polishing them up!) Take a listen if you want to hear the melancholy side of Deepworld :)

And if you haven't heard the other songs, here is a playlist with all existing songs that have been uploaded to date:

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,847Member
    These are great! Were/are they going to be randomly played while mining or fighting, or would you be able to play them with phonographs?
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,211Member
    I really dig the first one!
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 259Member
    I really like the 1st one, I feel like it fits the game perfectly
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 760Member

These are great! Were/are they going to be randomly played while mining or fighting, or would you be able to play them with phonographs?

My plan was always this:

1. Soundtrack plays randomly & dynamically while you play the game
    2. Phonographs play some old classic sounding music (public domain from the 1920s, etc.)
    3. Other music instruments (snare drum, etc.) have a few different sounds you can trigger

We'll see if we can get there finally in 2019!
    Have an option on a world machine saying choose your soundtrack?
  • SpyroSpyro We're only people (And theres not much anyone can do about that)Posts: 1,700Member, Arbiter
    Magnificent!!
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 327Member
    First one is awesome
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 320Member
    Sweeeeeeet!
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 327Member
    I think there should also be music if we find like something really rare
  • WaldoWaldo Under yo bedPosts: 47Member
    This is amazing!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,119Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    These are awesome. They do really suit DW
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,922Member
    Epic.
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave ArcanGrovePosts: 278Member
    awesome (:
  • FishbotFishbot A strange place that I don't know how I got in.Posts: 263Member
    This is really cool. The third one could be used in a neat intro on the app stores. It would be cool if these just randomly started playing in worlds. This is neat.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 315Member
    Gosh my ideas and dreams, thanks! :D
  • cheese17cheese17 Deep inside the crater of a block of swiss cheese in your refrigerator waiting to strikePosts: 172Member
    I really like the motif that Song For A Dying World and the title screen theme share, its cute. Kinda curious to see what else mike and the others could make from it.

I really like the first song on the OST though. (Where were the OST songs uploaded? To the forums? I dont think i've heard them in-game)
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Posts: 1,818Member
    I really dig the Android Lullabye.