Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bob.the.builders account

KeeganKeegan In ICECREAM land Posts: 88Member
I was just wondering how someone would go about changing the gmail linked to the acc . My account has been hacked and I don’t have access to that gmail anymore and @mikelaurence Has not texted me back so I need help

Comments

• TescosTescos SawConPosts: 269Member
    you just gotta wait for mike, no other way man
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    First of all, your account was not "hacked." You knowingly gave your password to another person (or persons). That isn't being "hacked."

Secondly, the email you used to create the account is the ONLY thing that proves you're who you say you are (i.e., the original owner of the account). You MUST communicate through that email to request changes to the associated game account. If you've lost access to the original email account, you're basically out of luck.

The reason for this is because anyone could claim to be the owner of any account at any time. I could claim the bob.the.builder account is actually mine, and ask Mike to change the associated email to a different email account so I could change the password and block out anyone else claiming to be the real owner. Or you could be the secret alt of the person the real bob.the.builder gave the password to, wanting to lock the real bob.the.builder out forever. And so on.

I'm sorry to give you the bad news. All I can suggest is that you take a deep breath and start over. Use a real email account that you, and only you, have access to. Create a new game account. Use a password that isn't easy to guess. And don't give your password to anyone, ever, for any reason.
  • LexiLexi EastPosts: 269Member
    Sirentist said:

First of all, your account was not "hacked." You knowingly gave your password to another person (or persons). That isn't being "hacked."

Secondly, the email you used to create the account is the ONLY thing that proves you're who you say you are (i.e., the original owner of the account). You MUST communicate through that email to request changes to the associated game account. If you've lost access to the original email account, you're basically out of luck.

The reason for this is because anyone could claim to be the owner of any account at any time. I could claim the bob.the.builder account is actually mine, and ask Mike to change the associated email to a different email account so I could change the password and block out anyone else claiming to be the real owner. Or you could be the secret alt of the person the real bob.the.builder gave the password to, wanting to lock the real bob.the.builder out forever. And so on.

I'm sorry to give you the bad news. All I can suggest is that you take a deep breath and start over. Use a real email account that you, and only you, have access to. Create a new game account. Use a password that isn't easy to guess. And don't give your password to anyone, ever, for any reason.

I accept what you’re saying and I agree with 90% of it, but with regards to him having no proof he is who he says he is, he is the only person who knows the gmail account. When logging in you don’t use it and there’s no way of finding it out unless you’re Mike and go onto the database or the owner has given it to you. From Keegan’s situation we know he gave out his login information but not his email, this means that if he emails Mike detailing his situation and he quotes the email he used to create the account, there should be no problem on Mike’s end in changing the email.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,138Member
    Lexi said:

we know he gave out his login information but not his email.

How do we know this?

If your Bob and it is your email, contact gmail to get it back.
  • KeeganKeegan In ICECREAM land Posts: 88Member
    Detech said:

Lexi said:

How do we know this?

I have Tried to get that gmail account back but it was made back in 2011 and they won’t let me get it in because I can’t get a message one that phone or any thing
    I know the password but they still won’t let me .
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,871Member
    Keegan said:

Detech said:

Lexi said:

How do we know this?

I have Tried to get that gmail account back but it was made back in 2011 and they won’t let me get it in because I can’t get a message one that phone or any thing
    If you know the gmail name and password... log in?
  • LexiLexi EastPosts: 269Member

Keegan said:

Detech said:

Lexi said:

How do we know this?

If you know the gmail name and password... log in?
    I’m assuming he means he can’t get through the security questions that he’s asked. Normally they try and confirm your identity by sending a message to a phone number that you linked to your email when you made it. So if he doesn’t have access to that then it’s just another loop of trying to access something that he doesn’t have essentially. His best bet is to contact Laurence and see what he can do with the information that he gives him, the only probably is you’re waiting for him to become active again.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    No matter how you look at it, this isn't an issue that can be solved on the forum.

If you feel you can make a convincing enough case that Mike will take the time and effort to make special adjustments to your account, you should to email Bytebin directly.

Thread closed. And best of luck in getting your situation sorted!
This discussion has been closed.