Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patcher admitting to patching and proof

TescosTescos SawConPosts: 271Member
Its alright to call out now on forums right? If not ill remove the posts but for now they staying on here lol

A player named SkylarSpark, admits to patching openly and I even have proof and she also claims to have a "deal" with the devs so she cant be banned.

In the picture with the inventory, you see an extra section with a guild obelisk icon, thats an admin section which you need admin turned on to be able to see.
image.png
2048 x 1536 - 3M
image.png
2048 x 1536 - 3M
image.png
2048 x 1536 - 4M

Comments

• WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 332Member
    Gimmi that Onyx Aqua Pack!
  • LavaWareLavaWare Posts: 386Member
    My face.
    512314930213421081.png
    112 x 112 - 14K
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 271Member
    Theres been a whole new wave of patchers and Mike doesnt even seem to care anymore.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,124Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    @Tescos Forward it on to [email protected]
    Everywhen said:

@Tescos Forward it on to [email protected]

I already did, a while ago. Thats why I posted it on here
    Another patcher, named TheGhostGuy3
    Can't seem to edit that^ its actually TheGhostDude3

another patcher = google.com

• Nulgath27Nulgath27 They call me PrymancerPosts: 141Member

Yep that is the old player that have been using fast mining and going thru walls of dungeon. And i have a actual video of other patcher doing that

• FishbotFishbot A strange place that I don't know how I got in.Posts: 265Member
    edited February 14
    Regarding your question on the TOS, you technically didn't break the rules because Skylar is admitting it, and since she has already "exposed" herself and has called her own self out, there seems to be no rules being broken by you here.

Even if you have broken a rule, we should all be able to agree that patchers are a threat to the game and community.

In my opinion they don't deserve to be anonymous. If you see one, they need to be banned on sight.

You shouldn't ever post a picture of the chat to "expose" someone. Only do it if they are a patcher and have already admitted to cheating so that you can't get in trouble for calling them out, just keep that in mind. I think it is okay in this scenario however. It is probably a better idea to email the people who are in authority though, just for the future.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,139Member
    Fishbot said:

Regarding your question on the TOS, you technically didn't break the rules because Skylar is admitting it, and since she has already "exposed" herself and has called her own self out, there seems to be no rules being broken by you here.

Even if you have broken a rule, we should all be able to agree that patchers are a threat to the game and community.

In my opinion they don't deserve to be anonymous. If you see one, they need to be banned on sight.

You shouldn't ever post a picture of the chat to "expose" someone. Only do it if they are a patcher and have already admitted to cheating so that you can't get in trouble for calling them out, just keep that in mind. I think it is okay in this scenario however. It is probably a better idea to email the people who are in authority though, just for the future.

What if someone is bragging to seem cool?
    Should they get banned for making stuff up?
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 133Member
    edited February 14

Duping should’ve been killed since the first accounts of DupeGate. We wouldn’t have this problem right now if Mike Laurence wasn’t so timid in his extremely soft response on the problem. You delete the duped items and yet leave the cheaters unpunished in any other way, totally dissuades people from cheating... right? The thing that should’ve been done was INSTANT BAN, that is how you deal with cheaters and illegal exploits in gaming communities, don’t even flinch if they have spent thousands of $,€ etc. That is how you kill cheating, show zero tolerance. I hope @mikelaurence will see the error of his ways and take the action that I assume many desire, to bring these cheaters to justice. Praise JAD, hail the Eternal NOB.

P.S sort of the wrong thread, but I believe I still make a very valid point.

• Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 483Member
    In the end duper’s are stealing from Deepworld and mikes hard work. I can’t imagine what kind of criminals they will be in rl. I hope they enjoy jail or prison. I hope players think twice about buying onyx or rares from dupers for iTunes, Amazon, etc. cards. Deepworld’s economy is in shambles and I’m reluctant to trade anything anymore. Which is very sad because that was one of my favorite aspects of the game.
  • FishbotFishbot A strange place that I don't know how I got in.Posts: 265Member
    Detech said:

Fishbot said:

What if someone is bragging to seem cool?
    Should they get banned for making stuff up?
    No but in this case there is actually a picture showing that they are cheating which is punishable by termination of their account.
    PatrickR said:

Duping should’ve been killed since the first accounts of DupeGate. We wouldn’t have this problem right now if Mike Laurence wasn’t so timid in his extremely soft response on the problem. You delete the duped items and yet leave the cheaters unpunished in any other way, totally dissuades people from cheating... right? The thing that should’ve been done was INSTANT BAN, that is how you deal with cheaters and illegal exploits in gaming communities, don’t even flinch if they have spent thousands of $,€ etc. That is how you kill cheating, show zero tolerance. I hope @mikelaurence will see the error of his ways and take the action that I assume many desire, to bring these cheaters to justice. Praise JAD, hail the Eternal NOB.

P.S sort of the wrong thread, but I believe I still make a very valid point.

I think this is the right thread since it is on the topic of patchers and cheating. However, @mikelaurence has done much more than just delete the items, he has made multiple fixes to make duplicating harder. He does need to ban the people who are duplicating though.
    edited March 5
    And now, proof of the player JudgeJudy also known as AbeLincoln buying items with money.
    Not that it will do anything since Mike doesnt seem to care anymore.

Also, in the first screenshot thats Judge giving me his discord. Mike has access to chat logs I believe so he could check that I asked for his discord beforehand.

@mikelaurence
    Post edited by Tescos on
    image.jpeg
    493 x 144 - 21K
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 239K
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 330K
    edited March 6
    @Tescos Oof
    @mikelaurence and another
    image.jpeg
    642 x 234 - 47K
    @sirentist @everywhen soo uhh any action gonn be taken on these players since I've provided proper proof for 2 at least.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Tescos said:

@sirentist @everywhen soo uhh any action gonn be taken on these players since I've provided proper proof for 2 at least.

LOL it's been less than half an hour since Mike announced in-game mods. Both Everywhen and I are also trying to juggle real-life activities today, as neither of us knew this was happening today.

Speaking for myself, my schedule is packed until tomorrow afternoon, so you won't see any restricting coming from me until then. Plus Everywhen and I need to put our heads together to make sure we're being consistent about what we're reacting to and how. So, all I can say is ... be patient!
    Detech said:

This needs to end!!!

LET THE CLEANSING BEGIN!!!!

When was that screenshot taken?

• PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 133Member

I’m quite confused in a way as to why it is so hard to track down duped items and dupers now, when DupeGate first happened, Mike knew exactly who had done it and what the duped items were and accurately removed them, but not it’s something that needs investigation? BS in my view.

• DerpyDerpDerpyDerp BadDev#4290Posts: 47Member

Because the new dupe doesn’t work like DupeGate. Its not like the previous exploit.

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,124Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

Detech said:

This needs to end!!!

That would appear to be at the awards ceremony - brain spawning by mike
    edited March 11
    Everywhen said:

Sirentist said:

Detech said:

This needs to end!!!

Yes. Screen was in Barnabus sitting thread right after the ceremony.
    Detech said:

Everywhen said:

Sirentist said:

Detech said:

This needs to end!!!

Yes. Screen was in Barnabus sitting thread right after the ceremony.
    Ah, okay, that was from before we had in-game powers. Several of Me_Crown's accounts were restricted shortly after the awards ceremony, including the one pictured. Of course he'll just create more, lol
    edited March 11
    Its not like this isn't happening every time you enter a market world.

I mean public advertising of selling onyx for $$$, discussions of patches and all that stuff, its now normal in deepworld :(

Things are quite sad atm.
    Screenshot_20190311-144340.jpg
    798 x 1080 - 466K
  • taylorvinestaylorvines Posts: 23Member
    Why do people call me a patcher, ever since chari went on and started telling everyone, they say im a patcher. Sadface. If my account, Google.com gets banned, I will miss my 6 years of work. Just think about who your blaming or accusing, and act on evidence. personally, the patchers are cheating, its not right. Theres always going to be patchers or hackers, and unfortunately I dont think anyone can permanently fix it unless mike wants to completely rewrite the game to be serversided and have extreme lag, he would probably need to buy a new server for that. Anyways, I dont mind the accusations. Just dont believe some random accusation of another person.