Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Pre Competition Post

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 1,933Member
edited February 9 in Collaborations
So I had this idea for a new competition, but I have been waiting for @mikelaurence to give a heads-up!
Since Mike is not ready atm, I am looking for sponsors for the new competition.

This will be a bit different from typical competitions, so we need awesome prizes :)))

So far we got my LSJ and 3 notches from @AMENAZZY
There is another great sponsor on the way :)))

If anyone wants to support DW building community, let me know!

And also, there will be two seperate comps, for beginners and master-builders!

This will be my second competition I am running, here is a link to the first.

Last time I spent A LOT of time sorting through everything people donated... To make things simpler this time please keep donations in Onyx and VERY valuable items such as Notches/Hunters/LSJs e.t.c.

P.S. keep in mind I can't read private messages ingame :(

Untitled-1.jpg
786 x 687 - 310K

Comments

• WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 244Member
    edited February 9
    Looking forward to this! :)
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 195Member
    Any clues on the theme?
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 1,933Member

Thank you @Daylight

Landmark. It can be in any world, can be an already existing/upgraded structure. We will be building an eight wonder of the world. :)

I will elaborate on the rules and details in the competition post, but you can start thinking.

The idea of the competition is to have builders develop their worlds, make awesome structures that they could use long after the competition. And have people go visit them for time to come.

Maybe this will break the concept of having competition worlds turn into graveyards of ideas.

Wait so, by landmark you mean like the Eifel Tower? and I really like the idea of building them in their own worlds

edited February 10
    Went around worlds asking people to sponsor, not a single person added anything to the prize pool. Some people said they are sick of building comps.
    I was just going to put all my rares in to run this, but with this sort of attittude I might as well just cancel the whole thing...

Stupid server wont let me quote, but do you blame them for not adding? After all of the recentish scams of building comps.

Wow! I really thought people would want another competition.

Mike is supporting it with a throne!
    Going to make a competition post tonight!
  • Nulgath27Nulgath27 They call me PrymancerPosts: 130Member

Sounds good!

Chuuya has added some great prizes for the competition!!!

Fanta added another 5 Onyx to the prize pool!
    Great Prizes!
    edited February 13
    Prize pool has increased once more with mythicals. And Me_Crown_King's donations.

Me_Crown_King supports the building community, but is worried someone not like him donating to the competition. If anyone has a problem with him donating, he said he can take his donation back.
    20190213_160117.jpg
    702 x 594 - 322K
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 8,990Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Detech said:

Prize pool has increased once more with mythicals. And Me_Crown_King's donations.

Me_Crown_King supports the building community, but is worried someone not like him donating to the competition. If anyone has a problem with him donating, he said he can take his donation back.

Um ... it's my understanding that Me_Crown_King's rare items are primarily dupes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If indeed items from known dupers are part of the prizes, rather than requesting he take his items back, I would simply like to very respectfully bow out of judging.
    Sirentist said:

Detech said:

Um ... it's my understanding that Me_Crown_King's rare items are primarily dupes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If indeed items from known dupers are part of the prizes, rather than requesting he take his items back, I would simply like to very respectfully bow out of judging.
    I thought that Mike removed the majority of duped items, and added that spam prevention thing so why not give him a chance?
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,204Member, Arbiter

Just to add to the debate regarding me_crown_king: Yesterday I witnessed me_crown_king selling 100 onyx for an (App Store?) gift card. I will be forwarding the evidence to Mike later today when I can get to my computer.

• AMENAZZYAMENAZZY Posts: 57Member

Yes he keep duping items, mike haven’t fix it yet also he’s not the only one there’s another player the know how to duplicate items, also crown king be selling the items to anyone

• Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Posts: 901Member
    AMENAZZY said:

Yes he keep duping items, mike haven’t fix it yet also he’s not the only one there’s another player the know how to duplicate items, also crown king be selling the items to anyone

oh that's just cute, not the duping tho.

The part where you got all your items from me, and now sponsoring this competition with items that were originally bought from me (and duped)
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 8,990Member, Moderator, Arbiter

AMENAZZY said:

oh that's just cute, not the duping tho.

The part where you got all your items from me, and now sponsoring this competition with items that were originally bought from me (and duped)
    Yeah, I didn't realize when I agreed to be a part of this that there was gonna be such a close association with dupers/cheaters/patchers. Sorry, Detech, but I really don't feel okay about being involved. I love the spirit behind your desire to create community projects but some of your friends suck.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 446Member
    Donations are donations. Just make them anonymous and be rid of making any players angry. Unless of course the player wants to be known.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,169Member
    I really hope @Sirentist becomes an in game mod and she gets rid of @Me_Crown_King
    Bastian7 said:

Donations are donations. Just make them anonymous and be rid of making any players angry. Unless of course the player wants to be known.

I assume that when people sponsor, they want their name to be known. Hence why they sponsor....

It would be alot easier for me as well if I didn't have to keep a record of who gave what.

I will accept anonymous donations now. Was really hoping to have Sirentist judge cause of the theme...
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,204Member, Arbiter
    edited February 15

All being well, the second part of that should be happening soon...

I've accepted Detech's offer to judge the Novice competition. I look forward to seeing what the lesser-known player base come up with!