Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworld Top Priorities 2019 (player feedback)

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 1,995Member
edited March 11 in Feedback and Game Ideas
We ran a poll last year and all the things we listed were implemented, which is awesome.

Here is a list of fields players want to focus on in 2019.
What do you think main priority for devs should be? What should they address first in your opinion?

Feel free to add more stuff in comments.
P.S. picking one option does not mean you don't care about the others. We want to see what players think top priority should be!
Post edited by Sirentist on

Deepworld Top Priorities 2019 (player feedback) 32 votes

Fighting Patchers/Cheaters/Dupers
31%
AquaPhynnMuneebBastian7ChickenLilyabcRedolantMihirGamesTescosToadvillieTheNoobPatrickR 10 votes
New items/blocks/gear
9%
JusticeGamingmofc1991Detech 3 votes
New quests/NPCs/locations
0%
Fixing PC/Android version (txts/butlers/block placement e.t.c.)
3%
Nerevarine 1 vote
New dungeons/monsters
6%
TheBlindEyeE_P_I_C 2 votes
More focus on attracting new players
37%
SpyroEverywhenWilliam2Nulgath27Bloonsminevmh20DaCreatorTealHyenaWhatsHisHeadScorpionForestGump_CRYSTAL_KING_ 12 votes
Top priority should be something else (add in comments)
12%
Monsieur_JackAMWhyIronManArcherWalrusLord 4 votes

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,107Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    I think that attracting new players and retaining them should be the top priority. As part of that, PC and android do need to be fixed, because it's two markets who aren't getting the game as it should be.

Fighting patchers/cheaters/dupers shouldn't need to be it's own task because it should be happening automatically.

Hopefully sirentist and I will be able to make a difference there.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 1,995Member
    New items/blocks/gear
    I agree with Everywhen, but im going to go with new materials for building, cause I haven't seen need building blocks since I joined DW.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,764Member
    edited March 11
    I chose this option because I missed the new blocks one. Whoops!

I think portable steam generators or distributors should be a thing. Maybe they could run on batteries or canisters so that steam pipes aren’t completely replaced. Also new biomes or a height extension to current ones to include zeppelin, brain warships, and other sky things.

EDIT: New building blocks and fixes to balloon and brain tank textures as well.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 276Member
    Without players, what good is a game?

Yes we have some players, but like @AMENAZZY has said in other threads, there are times where zero players are online. This should never happen!

P.s. I also wanna see new blocks and stuff plz (second thing devs should worry about imo)
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,214Member, Arbiter
    edited March 11

I mis-clicked as I believe attracting new players is the most important. Everywhen has pretty much said it all so I'll add by saying an easier introduction for new players would be good. Even better if it is run by current players!

• TescosTescos SawConPosts: 211Member
    Fighting Patchers/Cheaters/Dupers
    I would like to say that attracting new players is the most important, but I personally think right now there is too much patching, too many duped items, and too many players going from average to extremely rich by buying duped items using paypal or giftcards.. and yesterday I got told currently buying with giftcards or paypal wasnt even punishable!!
  • TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Posts: 681Member
    New dungeons/monsters
    Can we pick all?
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Posts: 337Member

I agree

• Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 296Member
    I think most of them are top priorities, unfortunately. I miss new players so much, I love to help them; making homes for them, going to exploring together etc. I’m not sure about the dungeon one, we are all got used to the classic ones and yet it was satisfying to me. And about providing convenience to the players, it must be the top priority in my opinion. It’s crucial to make them think it worths to spend time there. I think quests are least to concern for now. And for my answer to the new blocks will be a recent post of mine: Without any forewords, it is quite strange of this game to exclude kitchen furniture. I mean, I used to build dozens of houses back in the day and omitting the kitchen part was kind of ridiculous. Building has always been a crucial part of Deepworld, thus revolutionizing the building materials wouldn’t be a bad idea. Of course, Deepworld has achieved great things and naturally, we all want this to continue, so I think it is really essential to come up with a brand new series of innovations. Moving with the setting of the game, new features about Victorian Era and Belle Époque would be marvelous. New roofing materials are also necessary. We are all aware that there are so many talented players and imagine if we have a wider collection of items. It would be phenomenal, from every era of history with any style, just you and your imagination. I had to give a break due to my educational and scientific career, but if I would have the opportunity with such items, that would be fantastic. Frames that you can upload images, that would be spectacular, I could make museums that include thousands of paintings... Apart from the building element, also exploring process is vital to the game. It must be captivating and the player must enjoy every moment of it. Events that engage people to the game also must be more frequent. Deepworld is different from any other games in terms of it’s community, being interactive with your community is important and I think one must be attentive about his/her actions within the community. The way you talk and treat people is so important. And yet, it leads to another problem, which is toxicity. It’s a problem that is extremely debatable, but it is clear that we can’t ignore the influence of one’s outside world, so I’m not gonna talk about it here. Despite all this, I’m glad to say that this game has a nice loyal community consists of players that will always come back one day and play.

Have a nice day. :)
  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Posts: 74Member
    Deepworld feels so lonely at the moment...
  • E_P_I_CE_P_I_C Vienna(world, not Austria)Posts: 33Member
    New dungeons/monsters

Only reason I chose this is because I don’t play very often now and this could bring me back more. Of course I believe that more players and removing patchers are important but they simply aren’t the reason I left.

• TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Posts: 681Member
    New dungeons/monsters
    Honestly, all of these should be top priority given the current state of deepworld right now.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    I'd love to see this game gain some more popularity. Some advertising campaigns might go a really long way!