Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

A few Possible Suggestions for the Next Major DW Update!

taylorvinestaylorvines Posts: 23Member
I wish to point out that these things are just... Ideas... and dont judge or start arguments over them, these are things I believe are neccessary or should simply be in the game... (These are my OPINIONS)

Basic Functions:
Multi-item Trading: Allow the ability to trade more then one item, like /trade and then a GUI appears, you place the wanted items OR POSSIBLY EVEN CROWNS plus a name and then hit offer.

No Place Mode: Allow the Ability to disable block or item placement to prevent accidental placing of rare items, or unobtainables. I have a few times actually lost onyx because I accidentaly placed it in a market on my mistake.

Better crown earning: Possibly a better way to “earn crowns”... like maybe a special system of quests or mining that when you reach a goal, can give crown rewards, and the higher you go per day in the goals, the better, but like a daily loot, if you miss a day or fail to do your goals, it will reset.

Better Item Shop: I really feel we need a way to better “obtain” items, like for example, a shopkeeper, or special bot/android that if you pay crowns or shillings (or some other special currency) will give you the items you ask. (Of course rarer items would be VERY expensive and would require crowns, but say building materials or ores/important stuff like guano, could be bought with large amounts of shillings or small amounts of crowns.

Vault Worlds: These would be Special super small worlds that are empty, and could only be entered by the world owner or member, and it would work like normal worlds, except you can set a custom border size, and olace your valuables there, and for importancy, either a way to change the biome of this “mini realm” or allow use of any biome specific blocks.

Better Protectors: Possibly a way to show the Full protection radius in actual blocks, so people dont underestimate or accidentaly go over their radius. (The circles are REALLY anoyying) and possibly even settings in the protector to allow you to only place blocks inside the radius of it WHILE YOUR STANDING IN IT.

THE OLD COMICAL TEXTURES FOR LORDS SAKE: PLEASE JUST ADD A BUTTON TO ENABLE THE OLD TEXTURES OML PLEAAAASE.

Items/Blocks:

A very special Protector or... Super Protector: There could be a protector that basically has full customization, from making custom protection sizes, shapes, etc, to even drawing out the radius of your protector, and allowing only specific areas to be allowed for specific people (would make hotels and public shop renting MUCH easier)

An actually USEFUL turret: I do wish we had a mountable turret that could auto aim and kill mobs, but instead of just shooting normal boring bullets, perhaps it could shoot some kind of energy or something that would do MUCH MORE damage or even instakill said monster. of course this would probably be an untradeable item, that is quite expensive.

A Final Pickaxe: If only there was a pickaxe much more expensive then the platinum or onyx, but able to mine blocks much faster, like ice or chopping through warm butter. Such a pickaxe would be EXTREMELY expensive, untradeable, and possibly even limited, meaning only a few are buyable or craftable within a period of time or within a specific holiday or day of the year or something.

Bomb shield: Comon, I think we all know were tired of piping up bomb supressors, and tired of random kids nuking us in the middle of an onyx giveaway. We have all felt such anoyying mental pain. i believe such a shield would be like the energy shield, not too expensive, but usable, and like other shields, it would consume steam, but ONLY when a bomb is expoded, and such a bomb, depending on size and damage, would remove more steam or not.

Steam Engine or Steam Generator: Some kind of machine or block like the forge, but only works in biomes that naturally generate water *ex* Ice, Temperate, Brain, etc. Im assuming such a machine would need a powersource when crafted, something expensive but doable, and would grant someone the ability to power their machines.

ADD FRIDGES!: I would love to be able to place my sculptures and ice blocks in non ice worlds. Right now if you cheat or glitch to place ice stuff in other worlds, the items have anoyying glitched textures.

Biome stuff:

We need a jungle, a Lush but mutated acid biome of extreme monsters and very dangerous atmosphere. Such a biome would have living trees, water, acid, new monsters or just extreme amounts of terrapi and bats/birds. Also I believe this biome would be uniquely RARE to spawn naturally, and just a bit more expensive in crown shop, due to the point that the world has every ore, and would have the ability to loot most items, including biome specific ores or crystals.

Im wondering, but I think a nice “clean” Biome should exist, an Earth biome or nature biome, thats completely based around life and plants, and would have lush grass filled ground, and possibly overgrown caves. And possibly villages with NPCs and androids, and very few monsters would spawn if at all in deep caves.

Comment your Suggestions too! Tell me if something here was good or bad, and why. i would love some opinions about my ideas. Just dont be rude lol.

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,107Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    These ideas are all nice. It would be cool to see them added to the to-do list
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 211Member
    I think Mike or lisa has said the old graphics are never coming back since theyre Quinns work I believe?
  • taylorvinestaylorvines Posts: 23Member
    edited March 13
    Hmm thats unfortunate.. well anyways it wouldve been nice 😌
    Tescos said:

I think Mike or lisa has said the old graphics are never coming back since theyre Quinns work I believe?

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,764Member
    As a player who joined right after the graphics change, I don’t have much experience with them, but I think I may be able to replicate that sketchy, vintage-looking atmosphere. Now it’s just the question of if @mikelaurence would use them or not.
    edited March 14

As a player who joined right after the graphics change, I don’t have much experience with them, but I think I may be able to replicate that sketchy, vintage-looking atmosphere. Now it’s just the question of if @mikelaurence would use them or not.

Im a newbie Game programmer and graphic designer, I could easily implement new textures into the game without the help of mike, but itd be more of a one person thing, and Id have to send the new IPA app file to everyone AND find a way for them to install it.
    As of right now, I have ALL the vintage gui, mob, and equipables (clothing, pickaxes, guns, hats, armors, exo)
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,764Member

Im a newbie Game programmer and graphic designer, I could easily implement new textures into the game without the help of mike, but itd be more of a one person thing, and Id have to send the new IPA app file to everyone AND find a way for them to install it.
    As of right now, I have ALL the vintage gui, mob, and equipables (clothing, pickaxes, guns, hats, armors, exo)
    The originals or reworks?

The originals or reworks?
    The VERY originals, they are still kept in the original ios game, I simply cracked the app into an ipa, extracted it, and voila, the textures were still safe and sound.
    All except the normal and classic ITEM AND BLOCK textures, which for some reason werent there.
    like how does the game even run without those textures
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 456Member
    How would u integrate the older graphics with the newer items that never had any old graphics?
    Bastian7 said:

How would u integrate the older graphics with the newer items that never had any old graphics?

I would probably go on the discord and ask if any skilled spriters wanted a shot at making them, or Id just leave them be as the normal HD textures :P
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 1,995Member
    I much rather design new blocks for the game, then worry about old graphics.
    But redesigning old favourite items into the new game would be awesome.