Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

World Scanning..

TescosTescos SawConPosts: 233Member
A player or maybe multiple players have learnt how to scan a worlds 'chunks' or whatever and have been going in, scanning it and taking all the rares and leaving.

Something serious needs to be done @Mikelaurence theres too many patchers, duping is still a thing and now world scanning! Ive tried helping by sending all the patches I know of, just to be ignored.

Seems like you want the game to fail since currently its demotivated the majority of the playerbase that still plays, which is very very small.

Comments

• ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,914Member
    I was wondering when someone would make a patch for this.
    Interesting.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,798Member
    That sounds like it would be a cool item, but as an exploit, nuh uh!
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,058Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    I'm doing what I can to shut down the people who are doing this. I'm also handing out one-day warning restrictions to anyone shown to be soliciting coordinates from known patchers who are doing this world scanning thing. So if you're part of the raiding parties that are stripping worlds in 20 seconds flat, be careful...
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 111Member
    edited April 1

Don’t worry, Mike Laurence will never do anything! By this point he has made it very clear to us!

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,241Member, Arbiter

I sent information on two players doing this to Sirentist and Everywhen. I included multiple screenshots of the patchers discussing what they were doing. Both players were promptly restricted.

@PatrickR Instead of being negative saying Mike won't do anything, when he clearly is (adding Everywhen and Sirentist as in-game mods for quick action in circumstances like this) try taking down good evidence when you see it and reporting it. The system works. It just needs a little help from the player-base.

• PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 111Member

I’ll clearify what I meant, I mean Mike Laurence will not implement any new update or change the games encryption to stop this stuff which should be priority #1.

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,058Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    PatrickR said:

I'll clearify what I meant, I mean Mike Laurence will not implement any new update or change the games encryption to stop this stuff which should be priority #1.

But he is making it a priority. Just because he isn't doing it via the game code like you think he should doesn't mean he isn't trying to implement ways to stop it. Appointing in-game mods who can smack down offenders as they're exposed is a legitimate way to begin attempting to curb the patching and cheating.