Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Scanning..

TescosTescos SawConPosts: 269Member
A player or maybe multiple players have learnt how to scan a worlds 'chunks' or whatever and have been going in, scanning it and taking all the rares and leaving.

Something serious needs to be done @Mikelaurence theres too many patchers, duping is still a thing and now world scanning! Ive tried helping by sending all the patches I know of, just to be ignored.

Seems like you want the game to fail since currently its demotivated the majority of the playerbase that still plays, which is very very small.

Comments

• ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,937Member
    I was wondering when someone would make a patch for this.
    Interesting.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,867Member
    That sounds like it would be a cool item, but as an exploit, nuh uh!
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    I'm doing what I can to shut down the people who are doing this. I'm also handing out one-day warning restrictions to anyone shown to be soliciting coordinates from known patchers who are doing this world scanning thing. So if you're part of the raiding parties that are stripping worlds in 20 seconds flat, be careful...
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 132Member
    edited April 1

Don’t worry, Mike Laurence will never do anything! By this point he has made it very clear to us!

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,275Member, Arbiter

I sent information on two players doing this to Sirentist and Everywhen. I included multiple screenshots of the patchers discussing what they were doing. Both players were promptly restricted.

@PatrickR Instead of being negative saying Mike won't do anything, when he clearly is (adding Everywhen and Sirentist as in-game mods for quick action in circumstances like this) try taking down good evidence when you see it and reporting it. The system works. It just needs a little help from the player-base.

• PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 132Member

I’ll clearify what I meant, I mean Mike Laurence will not implement any new update or change the games encryption to stop this stuff which should be priority #1.

• SplooshSploosh 6 Feet UnderPosts: 49Member
    @Sirentist

I know for sure that Google.com and baddev are world scanners (I think baddev quit) (They literally dont even TRY to hide that they hack)
    I think .jack. or the alts of jack. are also world scanners...

I know this is a bit weird to say, but try asking google how he does it, hes weird and constantly admits/talks about that stuff so Who knows maybe he will tell ya how they do it and then you can like... patch it or something?? Im not sure how that works. Im only saying this considering the thing he said on discord, Ive attached his announcement on falls server below... also apparently according to "google's" announcement, his hacking alts are baddev, I doubt that but i haven't seen google alts in.. weeks?
    Capture.PNG
    1271 x 693 - 161K
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,937Member
    PatrickR said:

I’ll clearify what I meant, I mean Mike Laurence will not implement any new update or change the games encryption to stop this stuff which should be priority #1.

Encryption shouldn't have anything to do with this, especially if the entire world data is just handed to you on a silver platter.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,212Member
    Sploosh said:

@Sirentist

I know for sure that Google.com and baddev are world scanners (I think baddev quit) (They literally dont even TRY to hide that they hack)
    I think .jack. or the alts of jack. are also world scanners...

I know this is a bit weird to say, but try asking google how he does it, hes weird and constantly admits/talks about that stuff so Who knows maybe he will tell ya how they do it and then you can like... patch it or something?? Im not sure how that works. Im only saying this considering the thing he said on discord, Ive attached his announcement on falls server below... also apparently according to "google's" announcement, his hacking alts are baddev, I doubt that but i haven't seen google alts in.. weeks?

screen shot.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 320Member
    I'm telling you; this game's dying because of the lack of attentiveness. Is it that impossible to fix this stuff? I'm having a hard time believing into that.
  • DerpyDerpDerpyDerp BadDev#4290Posts: 35Member
    edited May 13
    Its literally 4 seconds of work. Just check if the player is nearby enough and THEN send the chunk.
    And another note, i love how he's (google.com) blaming me for his alting. I took a break from about a month ago until now (check my activity on the forums or in-game) so his screenshot is fake. He's just pissed that i blocked him on discord.
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 269Member
    you shouldnt of posted that.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,275Member, Arbiter

Thankfully we don't all understand that. As such, can someone who does understand explain it to Sirentist and Everywhen in a private message so they can react to it.

not that they can do anything about it, only Mike has access to the client.