Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear, players and devs.. 😤

EXPGamingEXPGaming Posts: 167Member
edited April 10 in General
Okay, many players have been asking for big updates and creating big idea’s for the game itself but i strongly disagree with all these players and idea’s. I don’t hate any players but i just disagree on my opinion. Before you all start hating on me or leaving this discussion please hear me out. I’ve been on forums for quite a while and i’ve been seeing people with BIG idea’s for this whole entire game but let’s not get ahead ourselves and say “oh isn’t this good for the game though”? Let me stop you on that and say It’s actually bad for the game for now. You players keep giving the developers big ideas for this game and mostly which they can’t even make and implement in the game. These developers already have things in mind and they’re all over the deepworld website (i’ll add the link below) Let the developers focus on the smaller details on the game for instance like lag, crashes, bugs, hacks, dupes, and ,textures. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and start posting random crap that will take ages to make and put in the game and which half or even more than half of the items the devs thought about aren’t even in the game. I’m telling you all the devs idea’s are really cool if you look on the website they already have idea’s like Pet carriers which allows you to transport pets to different locations, they have snake SKINS and the description talks about it will be a mob or something like that. Not gonna freakin lie imagine them adding snakes and different sizes and making the titanoboa as a new BOSS. They even said it’ll be rare to get. They had gun idea’s like Confetti and blunder-buster (hyped for the blunder buster). They have another idea which is a freakin small onyx teleporter which allows you to place in another world so a player can teleport to another world. So imagine making a city or something like that you can add on and send players to another world and make a part two for it. This would be good for Wisdom fall or ArcanGrove.
http://www.deepworldgame.com/items
Click the link.

Just please let the devs work on their idea’s first then ours :)

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,867Member
    edited April 10
    But there’s no work being done at all, and those concepts have been concepts for years.

EDIT: There is still hope for Deepworld, but its hourglass is running out of sand. If Mike comes back and fixes things, appoints a few mini devs and designers, and does game work, then this game could be something grand.

EDIT 2: As you all may know, he said that he got a promotion of some sorts, which is greatly decreasing his free time, but upped his pay. It is completely ok that he cannot develop the game further due to that reason, but he could assign the players who volunteered to write code or create art to do so while he’s out.
    Post edited by IronManArcher on
    edited April 10
    EXPGaming said:

But there’s no work being done at all, and those concepts have been concepts for years.

Got this immediately. Okay i know they haven’t been working on the game but hopefully they see this and comment on this. We all should be having questions for them. The same exact questions like what happened. Where the devs went. What happen to the economy (we all know this answer but still) wheres the updates?
    I edited my comment to cover these, and it might just be Mike on the team now. Quinn left a while ago, and Json/Jason is MIA.
    edited April 10
    Wait, this has gotten me thinking. Maybe we could go ahead and create some of the stuff, and then pm it to him or post it in a thread. That would get Deepworld noticed by other devs as kind of a “player written” game, which would increase popularity AND productivity...

EDIT: Anyone know what Deepworld was created with/runs on?
  • ItzYeBoiNubItzYeBoiNub Posts: 63Member

Wait, this has gotten me thinking. Maybe we could go ahead and create some of the stuff, and then pm it to him or post it in a thread. That would get Deepworld noticed by other devs as kind of a “player written” game, which would increase popularity AND productivity...

EDIT: Anyone know what Deepworld was created with/runs on?

I’m sure Deepworld is based on Unity and uses the coding C#
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 269Member
    Mike should sell the game if he can to a bigger company
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 132Member

That could end up well or horribly. Mike knows the theme of the game and could add stuff which would fit with the “Feel” of the game, but if it’s sold to an another developer they may just ruin the style of Deepworld in my view.

• WalrusLordWalrusLord bbbbbbbbbPosts: 48Member

EXPGaming said:

Got this immediately. Okay i know they haven’t been working on the game but hopefully they see this and comment on this. We all should be having questions for them. The same exact questions like what happened. Where the devs went. What happen to the economy (we all know this answer but still) wheres the updates?
    I edited my comment to cover these, and it might just be Mike on the team now. Quinn left a while ago, and Json/Jason is MIA.
    Jason's alive. He's the one who responded to my support email and recovered my account.

EXPGaming said:

Jason's alive. He's the one who responded to my support email and recovered my account.
    Ah, that’s good.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 482Member
    Hmmm...a big company taking over your favorite game and turning it into a cash cow like all the other games. Nothing bad can happen there.
    If us players just help freely (until the game gets more earnings and we expect a reward), then Deepworld will stay alive and healthy, and won’t become the garbage can where you accidentally throw away your change.
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 269Member
    id say the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, sure they might be more money grabbing things but they wil have the time and effort to fix bugs and stuff like duping and patching quickly before it gets out of hand like the current situation. And, most importantly they can advertise it and attract hunders if not thousands of new players
    Tescos said:

id say the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, sure they might be more money grabbing things but they wil have the time and effort to fix bugs and stuff like duping and patching quickly before it gets out of hand like the current situation. And, most importantly they can advertise it and attract hunders if not thousands of new players

We can do the same with a little extra work.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,937Member
    You can change the textures back yourself. I've done it. Others probably have, too.