Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Great Maze

mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 790Member
edited April 24 in Events

Over the past couple days me and 5 other builders have worked building a giant maze for people to compete and participate in to win 10 onyx.The Maze is pretty much finished and I’m now looking for a time that is best for everyone.I may make this a weekly thing like Race City of people enjoy it and who knows it may get sponsored and if it just happens to be every week the exit will always be changed.

If you have any questions ask me in game.

World name:The Great Maze

I would also like to thank our helpful builders:

Lightshadow731

Darkshadow731

Zetaroemperror

1Stab

Builders if you have forums and see this please meet me in game as soon as possible!

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,141Member
    Checked out the maze yesturday.
    I would like to participate. I can build, or decorate a part of the maze.
    Also I would like to sponsor 10 onyx for the prize pool.

This looks like a great project. I hope the building community supports it and also hope it doesn't turn into thrustration nation lol
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,279Member, Arbiter

They say great minds think alike... I pitched the same idea (maze built by different players) to Detech for the next official comp, just last week! I look forward to trying it out in-game.

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,279Member, Arbiter

Nice, it's a traditional maze!

Did I mention I design mazes as a hobby? Here's one of my most popular ones. (Start at S, finish at F). I'd love to help you build!

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,879Member
    AMWhy said:

Nice, it's a traditional maze!

Did I mention I design mazes as a hobby? Here's one of my most popular ones. (Start at S, finish at F). I'd love to help you build!

Awesome!!
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,141Member
    AMWhy said:

They say great minds think alike... I pitched the same idea (maze built by different players) to Detech for the next official comp, just last week! I look forward to trying it out in-game.

Mofc must of been spying on our chat that day somehow lok
  • ZetaroEmperrorZetaroEmperror Thailand Bangkok Sapanmai Posts: 1,093Member
    Sure see ya in game verysoon buddy.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 790Member

Thanks Detech for the sponsor I will make sure it goes towards the prizes. As for the chat you had I had never seen you say that the reason I built the maze wasn’t because I had an old on in October and I just ran it again for fun then I thought to build a new one differently but I like the idea you had of players making there own part and if players would like to do so the way I could do it is like how Detech designed his race city but yes that is very strange how this all happened at the same time😂😂

Yeah, Detech was joking. The chat was on forum via pm. Impossible for you to see. Just a great coincidence!

• PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 135Member

May I attempt my own effort here in this maze?

• mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 790Member

The great maze is ready so whenever anyone is ready it’ll start

• dragonzheartdragonzheart sa Bahay ni KuyaPosts: 18Member
    Oh I remember coming here and I was kicked out and I was told that I was not allowed in the maze. Now I understand only great builders are welcome. Lol. Just saying. No offense meant @mofc1991 :-h
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,948Member
    edited May 25
    nice maze @AMWhy
    nicepuzzle.png
    3617 x 2573 - 15M

Nicely done!

Here's another one that's a lot more complex. Only two people have solved this one so far...

Only hints: Start top left, finish bottom right. Look carefully. Count.

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    AMWhy said:

Here's another one that's a lot more complex. Only two people have solved this one so far...

Only hints: Start top left, finish bottom right. Look carefully. Count.

It looks like you can just thread between the various items in each square. Or is part of the game to try and figure out what the rules of passage are.
    edited May 28

Yep, the rules are important. You need to find the correct path to follow.

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    edited May 28
    AMWhy said:

Yep, the rules are important. You need to find the correct path to follow.

Well I just want to say it looks very MATHY. Like, sneakily mathy. You cannot fool me. That's not a maze. That's a MATH PUZZLE.

Edited to add:
    Also. I do not like the idea of "crayon" as a type when every crayon is a different color from every other. They need to either be a box of crayons, all one color crayon, or each one needs to be taken as an individual (red crayon, green crayon, etc.), which would be sneaky and cheaty since there is just one type "pencil." Also those triangles need to either be more different or more alike. What, you tipped over sideways for two of them? I'm just saying. NOT THAT I'M SPENDING ANY TIME WHATSOEVER LOOKING AT YOUR STUPID MATH PUZZLE.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,948Member
    Does the text on the books mean anything?

Look at the slices of pizza. Each is in a different orientation. Together they make a whole pizza. So they would be one 'type'. Similarly with the crayons, together they form one 'set'.

Some of the book text is important.

Base 10 means don't think too complex. It's to stop the too geeky maths people from getting clever.

Duke York up down... depending on your childhood you will either understand that easily or may need to google a little.

How many pictures gives a good clue as to what to do.

The clue book is useless though - it's a reference to a maze puzzle.

There is also quite a lot more text in the image...