Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DW Building Community

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,141Member
Just wanted to say thank you to all the builders of Deepworld for making this game so much fun.

I remember when I just joined and mined abandoned worlds for a few months. I thought deepworld was another mining game, until I came across Eldotread. Then I saw old forgotten worlds and what people built and realised how much a sandbox game depends on the inhabitance and their imagination. Deepworld really is what we make it to be.

When I joined, most competitions were scams, prizes slim and there weren't as many great builders as I see now.
It makes me happy that people try to get better Rep to attract sponsors to their comps, instead of making comps and not worrying about finishing them.

I am also excited about group projects sparking up, like the maze project. It really takes a healthy building community to get good results from group projects. Before Race City I took part in a few group projects that never went anywhere. It really takes great ideas, careful planning and dedication to get such projects to arise and get finished!

It's also nice to see old players pop up and get excited about all the events happening in DW which are all run by the community.

So that being said, Lets keep building! :)

Comments

• TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresPosts: 726Member

Building is the reason the game isn’t completely abandoned. Thanks y’all.

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,879Member
    edited May 4
    Well said, Detech.

EDIT: Now I’m thinking of the name “Builders Haven” for my sandbox game, as the builders/community would be the first priority.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,141Member

Does anyone remember any other large scale community projects? I remember coming across a city with large pyramid type building.

• ItzYeBoiNubItzYeBoiNub Posts: 69Member
    edited May 4

Well said, Detech.

EDIT: Now I’m thinking of the name “Builders Haven” for my sandbox game, as the builders/community would be the first priority.

You’re making a sandbox game?!

EDIT: Sorry for going Off-Topic

Well said, Detech.

After my horror game, of course.
  • ItzYeBoiNubItzYeBoiNub Posts: 69Member

Well said, Detech.

Need any help? :p

Well said, Detech.

Need any help? :p
    Not yet. Thanks, though! If I do, I’ll know who to call.
  • jad5670jad5670 Posts: 9Member

Bro im playing on android how can i emote?its not next to chat botton

• FishbotFishbot A strange place that I don't know how I got in.Posts: 265Member
    A couple snippets of my new prop hunt world
    A.png
    919 x 494 - 552K