Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

SHOULD WE RESET THE GAME ?

WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 320Member
edited May 6 in General
Please vote

SHOULD WE RESET THE GAME ? 36 votes

WE WANT A HARD RESET ( worlds, items, game stats )
16%
AMWhyGlobeEXPGamingDominus_MortisWhatsHisHeadAMENAZZY 6 votes
ITEMS RESET
27%
TealHyenaChickenIronManArchermofc1991LikoMihirGamesE_P_I_CItzYeBoiNubTescosPatrickR 10 votes
NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
55%
ZetaroEmperrorEverywhenItzDenniszquini98Muneebvmh20vin_ventureMonsieur_JackDaCreatorBastian7JusticeGamingAthenaLilyabcBirdDetechForestGumpIvory_CRYSTAL_KING_WalrusLordAventail 20 votes

Comments

• WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 320Member
    I vote a hard reset cuz people would be able to store duped items in worlds.. correct me if I'm wrong.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,847Member
    ITEMS RESET

I vote a hard reset cuz people would be able to store duped items in worlds.. correct me if I'm wrong.

If he does it at a random time, then no one will have their stashes placed
  • AventailAventail [STEAM]Posts: 18Member
    edited May 6
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    imagine wanting to destroy hundreds of peoples HOURS of hard work just because some retards decided to take advantage of a broken game. honestly if anyone thinks its a good idea to reset the game you may as well just be asking to kill the game off for good.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 320Member
    @IronManArcher I know bunch of people who have their items placed in vaults anyways even before all this was an issue
    edited May 6
    ITEMS RESET
    Aventail said:

imagine wanting to destroy hundreds of peoples HOURS of hard work just because some retards decided to take advantage of a broken game. honestly if anyone thinks its a good idea to reset the game you may as well just be asking to kill the game off for good.

Unless Laurence deletes all items of the same serial/tag/whatever, this seems like the path we’re on.

”Then it will be the noblest ending in history”
  • RedolantRedolant Posts: 199Member

Reset everything, legit players and cheaters alike will lose everything. But who will progress faster to better gear? The cheaters of course, they will cheat their way to the top and the actual player base will all leave.

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,132Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    Would Hard Reset mean everything people built would disappear?
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Doing cool programming thingsPosts: 1,016Member
    edited May 6
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    What about people like me who have dumped hundreds of dollars into the game? Is all that money that I have spent going to be refunded? Are the years of playtime I have just going to disappear because someone wanted to ruin the fun?

I don't play much anymore except the occasional login to peep on whats new, but if I came back and all the work I had done and all the money I spent was just gone I can say for a fact I would not be very pleased.

On a side note; Laurence, give rare/valued items a meta tag/authentication ID after being mined/placed. Doing so you could simply check if the same meta ID was located in the inventory and just delete it. It may require a little modification on how the player database works but visually everything should be the same on the front-end while back-end there is a little more work going on but authenticates an item to be unique.
    ITEMS RESET
    If serial numbers are the thing, all the duped items will have the same one. Mike could just reset the items with the same number, add an anti-vpn and anti-cheat, and then everyone wins.

Not the dupers and patchers though, but that's the point
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresPosts: 722Member
    ITEMS RESET

My only issue is with the hours spent on Building. Nothing else really matters to me.

edited May 7
    ITEMS RESET
    TealHyena said:

My only issue is with the hours spent on Building. Nothing else really matters to me.

An think an items reset would just reset items in your inventory.

So a memorial to Deepworld past wouldn't be affected
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 480Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    Resetting the game would be interesting but in the end, would that stop duplication or just removed the current duped items? Also I think only items that can be placed are able to be duped, so accessories, tools, guns, etc. are not affected. I might be wrong about the last part, I’m unsure.
    ITEMS RESET
    Yeah, maybe no reset. We need to enforce the rules the old fashioned way.
  • EXPGamingEXPGaming Posts: 155Member
    Should we reset the game? If you want everyone to quit then be my guest let’s do it!
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter

To start with, I'm an onyx moon. I've spent a lot of cash on this game.

I would be very happy to see a complete restart.

Why? First off, the game is already ruined. The market has been diluted to the point where nothing is rare any more. Removing only the duped items is impossible now so we are down to four choices:

1. Continue as we are. Onyx is common for all players and an lsj is nothing special.
    2. Create new rare items to collect. The problem with this is that the dupers have already got the most wealth so would be able to buy these at inflated prices from the start. The market might settle after a while but will the game survive long enough for that?
    3. Make Deepworld 2*. That would involve a ton of work that Mike doesn't have the time to do.
    4. Reset the game.

Now a blanket reset wouldn't work. No builder would want to see their creations gone. The answer is quite easy though.

1. Block the patchers. A reset is pointless if players can still cheat.
    2. Freeze all current worlds. Make them all non-player owned and protected. This will preserve all current builds and stop people hoarding rares.
    3. Reset all player stats. Give each player the number of crowns they have spent in-game**

Now for me, that works. But we are missing an opportunity here. One reason that a lot of players quit is because they have done everything in the game. With a reset, the whole game becomes fresh for everyone. A reason low-level players quit is because the tutorial isn't great and then you are thrown into an unfriendly world. As such, I'd suggest a six-month period now where we all work as hard as hell to make the perfect Welcome world and the perfect Market world. During that time, Mike makes a few new items. Perhaps a mob or two and the release of the jungle biome that he has all the textures for. He also adds a low level world (only levels 1-20 can go there) that often regenerates fresh items to mine.

Then upon reset, advertise like crazy and blanket email all current members. Call it Deepworld 2*

*Or Deepworld 3. We are already on version 2.something

**Or a percentage of

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter

Item reset wouldn't work. Some players use vaults and place their rares. Others keep them in their inventory. The latter would (rightly) complain.

• ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,924Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    I won't even explain why this is a bad idea.
    Also, not wanting a reset =/= wanting to keep duping in the game and it's very unfair to think that.
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING

Also, not wanting a reset =/= wanting to keep duping in the game and it's very unfair to think that.

I agree, poll is not objective in that sence.
    Totally disagree with game reset. Years of work went into some of the worlds in this game!
    Detech said:

Totally disagree with game reset. Years of work went into some of the worlds in this game!
    Once again. Your fault for putting hard work into a dead game. What do you accomplish from this? Creativity i get but there’s nothing to show off.
    ITEMS RESET
    EXPGaming said:

Detech said:

Once again. Your fault for putting hard work into a dead game. What do you accomplish from this? Creativity i get but there’s nothing to show off.
    There’s a funny thing called fun
    edited May 7
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING

Deepworld is full of great builders. There is an enormous amount of wonderful old worlds that give this game character. Some builders spend years building their worlds, including myself.

What you are suggesting is destroying everything people created over the years just because of another inflation caused by a hacker who wants to destroy the game. Reseting this game would be exactly what he would want done. It makes no sence for majority of players. Remember that Deepworld is a sandbox game.

• ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,924Member
    edited May 7
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    EXPGaming said:

Detech said:

Actually no, it is the fault of the people in charge, who are not doing anything about it and the cheaters, who actively ruin the game.
    Moreover, your argument is subjective.

It's like saying dying in a plane crash is your own fault because you're the one who decided to get on that plane.

EXPGaming said:

Detech said:

Right. “Fun” but you do know the game is going to die.l

EXPGaming said:

Detech said:

Actually no, it is the fault of the people in charge, who are not doing anything about it and the cheaters, who actively ruin the game.
    Moreover, your argument is subjective.

It's like saying dying in a plane crash is your own fault because you're the one who decided to get on that plane.
    Of course you bring a plane and crashing into this..
    And it’s both sides.
    edited May 8

What I'm suggesting is a hard reset but with all current/ old worlds locked. Nothing would be lost for the builders.

ITEMS RESET
    EXPGaming said:

EXPGaming said:

Detech said:

Right. “Fun” but you do know the game is going to die.l
    Everything dies eventually, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it while it lasts.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorPosts: 109Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    Multarix said:

Oh yes, let's reset every players hard earned progress, remove all the items and gear people have accrued over the years as well as people's personal worlds, emotes and costumes that they bought with their own money. What a wonderful idea, I cannot see a single problem with that idea at all, it's a fantastic idea.

After playing with you for that long of a time, it's very clear to me what you mean by personal world progress. Mozgariko was a mini world but it still took a lot of time to terraform and build in. No resets fam.

Let me think:

Rock Candy

Clockwise

Saltfell

Cliff

Daily News

The Box

Fire Monster Vault

The Great Clock

Fire and Ice

Probably more, that's just off the top of my head. These are the worlds I have made in the game and spent some 1200 hours (around half of my game time) building.

There's no way I'd want to lose all of that. But a hard reset where all of our worlds are preserved (but become protected so that not even we can mine them) would work for everyone. Art protected forever and market values reset for all. That sounds good to me.

Of course, before we can do anything the duping bugs and patching problems need to be fixed.