Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My fav builds

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,145Member
I went through a pile of screenshots of stuff I build in deepworld and picked a few favourites of mine to share.
Deepworld is quite an amazing game in terms of what you can create.

I spent alot of time making airships and over time I found a few elements that I really liked (like sails and propellers) and started playing with them.
Best part about deepworld is the endless possibilities, which give different builders a chance to find their own style. I think I found my style in airships.
These are my four favourite airships out of all the airships that I built:

1. Air Yacht

2. Air Strider that won the airship competition

3. burial airship next to the Wisdom Falls Cathedral

4. Airship I built for part of Amenazzy's spawn at Trade Tower, to which I later added the left side with propellers. Turned out pretty weird :)

I spent even more time working on spaceships, but looking over them, I thought they look pretty boring to me now.
This one I still like, because of the city scape which gives the spaceship a nice background theme.

Was really fun building Sales for Simplin. Glad he let me do it.

One of my all time favourites was this heart shaped fortress with wings that I built for Amenazzy. Legend goes he was in love and this was a gift for someone special ;)

This build for "Mystic Alliance" was quite epic, because for the first time I built a robot I liked. This gave way to many other variations of robots.

The old mine that could of potentially won a throne, if I wasn't marked down for using a touch plate. I was going to build whole abandoned western style cities after this. but I had to many plans in my head at once.

One of the most exciting moments in the game was when Miked asked me, racerdog and Chuuya to build official worlds for the game. First thing I wanted to build for London was this steamship. I think I spend a few days rebuilding it before I got it how I like it.

entry that won the Paris Tower competition in Trade Tower.

This was one of my latest. Wisdom Falls town hall. Wanted to build something dark and epic.

And the last two are the two weird builds which had alot of experimental elements in them.

And ofcourse the greatest and hardest project we took up with racerdog - Race City. This was a true collaboration project which involved some of the best builders in deepworld. Thank you racerdog for this epic screenshot - largest in the game :)

My favourite part was building a race track through the space slums of lower city
My least favourite part was connecting over 700 touch plates and signs to make the racetrack fully automated, and then adding viewing areas all over the racetrack. It took months to build, but hosting races and handing out large steam jets to racers and builders was quite rewarding. Thanks Mike for supporting the project!

It's sad that deepworld is almost over. Looking through all the screenshots I feel that I finally got to the point where I have the experience and creativity needed to build something good. After deepworld ends, I am not sure if these screenshots will be of much use, because you really need to be a deepworld player to enjoy deepworld builds.

Thanks for all the awesome time guys!
I really had fun building and playing with all of you!

detech
weird airship March 20 2019.jpg
1467 x 1315 - 1M
airstrider.jpg
971 x 1137 - 774K
yatch3.jpg
796 x 764 - 407K
heart.jpg
3070 x 3018 - 5M
SALES.jpg
2605 x 2036 - 4M
swagoo space city.jpg
2744 x 2633 - 6M
twin towers Aug 2018.jpg
1920 x 5807 - 5M
airship2.jpg
1290 x 834 - 870K
MysticAlliance.jpg
3907 x 2373 - 5M
oldmine.jpg
1457 x 1572 - 2M
Paris Tower.jpg
918 x 1637 - 1007K
Rhinopolis.jpg
2180 x 3789 - 5M
robots.jpg
1829 x 1040 - 1M
steam boat.jpg
1400 x 978 - 742K
TownHall March 4 2019.jpg
2517 x 3156 - 6M
race city poster.jpg
9114 x 6479 - 23M
slums.jpg
1820 x 1049 - 1M
lower city.jpg
1686 x 1114 - 2M

Comments

• RedolantRedolant Posts: 202Member
    I'm going to miss every ounce of Deepworld, this was practically the game I spent the longest playing. Many of my irl friends didn't find much in this game but for me, who've stuck around for quite a while, learned and experienced so much in this 2d world. The bad moments were learning experiences for me and those hilarious and fun moments are times I'll never forget. I would say I was pretty dedicated to this game but I'm sure I'm nowhere near how much creativity and thought you've put into your creations. You gave other players a chance to experience and see many incredible stuff many of us wouldn't be able to make at all. Your projects mean a lot to me and I'm sure it meant a lot for everyone else. The main aspect of Deepworld I think was to explore and get riches, but for the greatest players, it was to create. People who created communities, guilds, projects, they were the ones who shaped the game. And among those people, I believe you stood atop having mastered creation. Thank you for your work, and I wish you a greater future.
  • iSpeakiSpeak MassachusettsPosts: 91Member
    Detech said:

I went through a pile of screenshots of stuff I build in deepworld and picked a few favourites of mine to share.
    Deepworld is quite an amazing game in terms of what you can create.

I spent alot of time making airships and over time I found a few elements that I really liked (like sails and propellers) and started playing with them.
    Best part about deepworld is the endless possibilities, which give different builders a chance to find their own style. I think I found my style in airships.
    These are my four favourite airships out of all the airships that I built:

1. Air Yacht

2. Air Strider that won the airship competition

3. burial airship next to the Wisdom Falls Cathedral

4. Airship I built for part of Amenazzy's spawn at Trade Tower, to which I later added the left side with propellers. Turned out pretty weird :)

I spent even more time working on spaceships, but looking over them, I thought they look pretty boring to me now.
    This one I still like, because of the city scape which gives the spaceship a nice background theme.

Was really fun building Sales for Simplin. Glad he let me do it.

One of my all time favourites was this heart shaped fortress with wings that I built for Amenazzy. Legend goes he was in love and this was a gift for someone special ;)

This build for "Mystic Alliance" was quite epic, because for the first time I built a robot I liked. This gave way to many other variations of robots.

The old mine that could of potentially won a throne, if I wasn't marked down for using a touch plate. I was going to build whole abandoned western style cities after this. but I had to many plans in my head at once.

One of the most exciting moments in the game was when Miked asked me, racerdog and Chuuya to build official worlds for the game. First thing I wanted to build for London was this steamship. I think I spend a few days rebuilding it before I got it how I like it.

entry that won the Paris Tower competition in Trade Tower.

This was one of my latest. Wisdom Falls town hall. Wanted to build something dark and epic.

And the last two are the two weird builds which had alot of experimental elements in them.

And ofcourse the greatest and hardest project we took up with racerdog - Race City. This was a true collaboration project which involved some of the best builders in deepworld. Thank you racerdog for this epic screenshot - largest in the game :)

My favourite part was building a race track through the space slums of lower city
    My least favourite part was connecting over 700 touch plates and signs to make the racetrack fully automated, and then adding viewing areas all over the racetrack. It took months to build, but hosting races and handing out large steam jets to racers and builders was quite rewarding. Thanks Mike for supporting the project!

It's sad that deepworld is almost over. Looking through all the screenshots I feel that I finally got to the point where I have the experience and creativity needed to build something good. After deepworld ends, I am not sure if these screenshots will be of much use, because you really need to be a deepworld player to enjoy deepworld builds.

Thanks for all the awesome time guys!
    I really had fun building and playing with all of you!

detech

Holy cow!
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 138Member

I assume you had built a secret vault...... you know for how long I was wondering where it is....

However, I’m thankful that you we’re a part of this community, if it wasn’t for you, I perhaps, wouldn’t have build as much.

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,145Member
    Redolant said:

I'm going to miss every ounce of Deepworld, this was practically the game I spent the longest playing. Many of my irl friends didn't find much in this game but for me, who've stuck around for quite a while, learned and experienced so much in this 2d world. The bad moments were learning experiences for me and those hilarious and fun moments are times I'll never forget. I would say I was pretty dedicated to this game but I'm sure I'm nowhere near how much creativity and thought you've put into your creations. You gave other players a chance to experience and see many incredible stuff many of us wouldn't be able to make at all. Your projects mean a lot to me and I'm sure it meant a lot for everyone else. The main aspect of Deepworld I think was to explore and get riches, but for the greatest players, it was to create. People who created communities, guilds, projects, they were the ones who shaped the game. And among those people, I believe you stood atop having mastered creation. Thank you for your work, and I wish you a greater future.

This was my second longest played game, but by far the favourite of all games I played in over 20 years of gaming. You were mastering the game in all of it's aspects, I was just building. I am not sure how you balanced all that.

I did my best with racerdog trying to keep deepworld rolling. Thanks to Mike, we had a chance to put together official events and build for the game. This was by far the best gaming experience I had. I was so hoping to see my quest part of the game.

BTW I still remember how you destroyed the competition with your spooky house. Great builders are easy to spot! :)

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,145Member
    PatrickR said:

I assume you had built a secret vault...... you know for how long I was wondering where it is....

However, I’m thankful that you we’re a part of this community, if it wasn’t for you, I perhaps, wouldn’t have build as much.

Just for you Patrick, this is where I always kept my treasures
    This is all I made (mostly by selling two LSJ's for 75 onyx each).
    riches.jpg
    1302 x 1035 - 970K