Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworld Official Wiki & Codex Updates

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343
edited April 2013 in General
I'm happy to announce that our Official Wiki is entering beta. We looked into a bunch of wiki software but they were all overblown and unappealing, so we decided to make our own simple & streamlined wiki software in the codex (much easier than making an MMO, believe you me! :D ).

The first wiki pages are now live at the codex:
http://deepworld-codex.herokuapp.com/pages

The Terrapus page is my attempt to show what a nicely filled out page would look like:
http://deepworld-codex.herokuapp.com/pages/terrapus

We will be giving select wiki access out to interested players, so please comment here if you're interested in helping out.

Also, we've added a list of guilds to the codex:
http://deepworld-codex.herokuapp.com/guilds

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
    edited April 2013
    I'd love to help -- count me in!

Also, YAY! An official wiki! Looks awesome so far, nice and streamlined, very fast. Hooray!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,321
    Oh, I would definitely love to help!
    Sign me up
  • dmmagicdmmagic Your mom's house.Member Posts: 3,236
    Wow! This is awesome! Are the guilds dynamic? In other words, if I change my guild name or whatever, will it automatically update in the wiki?
  • onlyphoenixonlyphoenix Member Posts: 519
    I raised a ticket for this earlier, but... Shrooms United is a ghost guild and needs to be purged.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,343
    dmmagic said:

Wow! This is awesome! Are the guilds dynamic? In other words, if I change my guild name or whatever, will it automatically update in the wiki?

Yep, the codex uses the same database as the game.
  • ogmiosogmios Member Posts: 660
    Oooh! Very nice! I would gladly aid in the wiki's expansion if you will have me.
  • AlanzliuAlanzliu Uptown FunkMember Posts: 1,601
    (yay)
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,075
    @dmmagic, glad to see our guild has so many members ;)
    edited April 2013
    @mactheterrible should be our third member. What do you say, mac?

In other news, I would also like to help in this wiki project!
  • mactheterriblemactheterrible Member Posts: 223
    Definitely in @dmmagic - sounds like fun!

I think the wiki could really take off and be a good "launch pad" for new players. I will definitely assist however I can. :)
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    Geez, I wasted all my time working on he wikia
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    Hey, could you put some of the memes from the Deepworld meme thread?
    Bulk said:

Geez, I wasted all my time working on he wikia

No wasted effort -- you can copy the content over!

:)
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • onlyphoenixonlyphoenix Member Posts: 519
    Bulbs will grow flowers in only temperate worlds? Arctic and Hell worlds are looking less and less worthy of crowns in comparison :|

Or will the grow lamps aid in growth in other biomes?
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,439
    @mikelaurence plz say that you put cthulhu in the hell world backdrop because i think i saw him and well, the new site says that there are many references to it....
    I can't wait to finish up the Butler Bot entry so we can start pointing people to the wiki rather than answering the same questions over and over...

#-o
  • EpicMister14EpicMister14 Cardboard BoxMember Posts: 1,369
    Oh heck yeah ill help!
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Member Posts: 1,809
    I'd love to help out with the wiki! Everything looks so clean, and very organized.

Great work!

:D
  • ladyceresladyceres Member Posts: 546
    I could definitely help!
  • AccioPatronumAccioPatronum In the forums... stalking.... NOTMember Posts: 567
    I used to be a helper in the Deepworld Wiki (Wikipedia) so count me in !
  • PianoPiano Member Posts: 961
    I wouldn't mind helping at all.

By the way, great job guys.
  • SirSlothSirSloth AmericuhMember Posts: 1,399
    Awesome, all of it is awesome!! I helped on the last wiki, so I'd love to be involved in this too!!
    Also, I was surprised to see my drawing in the Media section of the terrapus page!! Even though I didn't do a good job of drawing one and drew what looks like an ant....
    Oh yeah, how do you go about registering a "Home world" for a guild?
  • DaMorlockDaMorlock Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,641
    It looks amazing! If you're still giving out access, I would love to help with the wiki!
  • ZapfuryZapfury Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2013
    Just took a quick look at the wiki, everything is very easy to locate and informative. I would love to help expand and grow the wiki. :)
  • AliasAlias Member Posts: 1,842
    I'd love to help expand it!
  • EpicMister14EpicMister14 Cardboard BoxMember Posts: 1,369
    Ill try to get some art and memes in!
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Member Posts: 1,809
    SirSloth said:

Awesome, all of it is awesome!! I helped on the last wiki, so I'd love to be involved in this too!!
    Also, I was surprised to see my drawing in the Media section of the terrapus page!! Even though I didn't do a good job of drawing one and drew what looks like an ant....
    Oh yeah, how do you go about registering a "Home world" for a guild?

Whichever world your guild obelisk is placed in is referred to as your "home world".

:)
  • SockmnkySockmnky Member Posts: 555
    edited April 2013
    @mikelaurence you know that I'm in, I love the community and the lore. Ill be glad to add as much accurate information as I can.