Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld Denizens: Who Wants to Be Interviewed?

SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
Have you been a member of the forum for at least a month? Do you want to get to know some of your fellow Deepworlders? Do you like the idea of them getting to know you, too?

If so, then you're in the right place. Sign up below to be part of what is sure to become the next great Deepworld Forum thing: Interviews!

Here's how it works. I'll post a thread for the person being interviewed and start it off with a few questions. The thread will stay active (i.e., stickied) for two days, during which time anybody else on the forum can come along and ask questions. It's a fun way to get to know one another. Questions can be about anything -- Deepworld-related or not -- but of course must be respectful and appropriate. The basic idea is for us all to get to know the person behind the player/forumer a little better.

Example questions might include:

What's your favorite joke?
What's the nicest thing someone's done for you in the game?
If your life were a book, what would be the chapter headings?
What's your most distinguishing feature?
What's your weirdest or most annoying habit?

And so on.

That's about it! I've already tricked @lisa into being our first victim! I mean interviewee. Our first interviewee! Her interview will be appearing shortly, so keep on the lookout for it and start thinking of good questions to ask her.

If you're interested in getting into this first batch of interviews, or have any questions about the process, sign up by commenting below.

Fine print:
  • Required: One month (or longer) on the forum. That means your forum profile must say you joined in February 2013 or earlier.
  • The person being interviewed can decline to answer any questions she or he feels uncomfortable answering.
  • If you sign up to be interviewed, you agree to also participate in other people's interviews by asking questions. If you ask blatantly inappropriate or offensive questions, your name will be taken out of the interview lineup, you will be forever barred from having an interview of your own, and you will have a black mark on your soul for the rest of your life.
  • If I already sent you a PM asking if you'd be interested, or saw you in the game and encouraged you to sign up, you still need to jump onto this thread and officially sign up unless you and I have clearly arranged otherwise.
  • Once enough people have signed up (about 15 to start), I'll post the schedule of interviews and then this thread will be temporarily locked. It'll stay locked until we're done with the interviews. If there's still interest at that time (about a month from now), this thread will open back up for another round of sign-ups.

Answers to questions before you ask them:

Why can't newer people be interviewed?
As the title of this thread suggests, these interviews are for people who've been around for a while. This rule might relax a bit as time goes on, but for this first batch, that's the way it is.

That's not fair!
You're right! That's still the way it is. And it's a lot fairer than my original idea, which was to limit interviews to people aged 18 and up.

I'm really new. Can I still ask questions?
Yes! Just remember to be courteous and keep in mind that we have a lot of young people in this game and on the forum.

I play the game and I've had a forum account for over a month but I almost never post and no one knows me. Can I be interviewed?
Yes!

I've had a forum account for over a month but I haven't actually played the game yet because (for example) I'm waiting for the Windows version to come out. Can I be interviewed?
Yes!

I've played for a long time but I've only had a forum account for a little while. Can I be interviewed?
PM me.

I haven't played very long or been a forum member for a month but I'm still totally interesting and people already know me and I have a lot of friends and I do cool stuff in the game and I'm super active on the forums and I'll give you FIFTY BLUE CRYSTALS if you interview me, can I be interviewed?
No.

Can't I at least PM you too?
No.

What if I give you a Notch painting?
Okay, PM me.

Comments

• dmmagicdmmagic Your mom's house.Posts: 3,236Member
    Sounds interesting. Sign me up!
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    I want to be an victim!
  • GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandPosts: 2,624Member
    Sign me up too!
  • SambroSambro Twilight TownPosts: 1,240Member
    SIGN ME UUUUUUUUPPP!!! Uhhh thank you!
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Posts: 1,809Member
    I'm up for it!

:)
  • janjan Posts: 353Member
    You'll get a notch!
    Just kidding.

Am i allowed? Dont know if People know me or 1year is enough. But hey :)

Ill try my best.
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    edited April 2013
    Sign me up!

Also @Sirentist, why not use the <small>...</small> commands for the fine print?
    It makes text small and, well, fine :)
  • ConezPwnz47ConezPwnz47 Posts: 1,563Member
    Sign me up! :D
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Posts: 2,911Member, Arbiter
    Heh, I still have 5 days to go before i get to sign up.
    ~X(
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter

Also @Sirentist, why not use the <small>...</small> commands for the fine print?
    It makes text small and, well, fine :)

I'm comfortable enough with basic (and probably obsolete by now) html but I prefer a minimalist approach to formatting as it relates to forum posting. In my experience, the more people who use gratuitous formatting, the sooner those tags get removed from the editing features.
  • PianoPiano Posts: 961Member
    Sign me up as well, I think is is a great idea.

Note: If the schedule is strict, there are a lot of times I can't be here. Please put anyone above me tha you can.
  • onlyphoenixonlyphoenix Posts: 519Member
    Haha we were just talking about IamAs in Mallorea the other day
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    Could you sign me up?
  • ogmiosogmios Posts: 660Member
    Well this sounds fun! Sign me up.
    Piano said:

Note: If the schedule is strict, there are a lot of times I can't be here. Please put anyone above me tha you can.

Here's how the schedule will work. Once we get fifteen or so people and this thread locks down, I'll put the names in a randomizer to come up with an interview order. If you already know what dates will NOT work for you, send me a PM with those dates and I'll compare it to the order the randomizer came up with and I'll shuffle things accordingly. Then I'll post the official schedule, and if something comes up after that, we'll just figure out how to switch things around so everyone's happy.

See? I want everyone to be happy. I'm such a people pleaser.

• AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

See? I want everyone to be happy. I'm such a people pleaser.

You certainly please me while killing crows... Pesky little irritating murderous buggers.

Your comment reminds me that I wanted to say this in a general way (not to you specifically):

Please note that this is NOT one of those "ask me anything" type of interviews, where people try to ask and answer in the most TMI way possible. This is meant to be friendly and courteous and G-rated and questions and answers should reflect that. There will be no discussion of explicit sexual activities, menstrual cycles, or autoerotic gratification habits, for example. Also off-limits are any questions asking people to name names of other players they've had problems with. I'm sure there are other taboo areas you all can think of. Please don't push the limits on this, because it's meant to be fun and bondy, not gross and sensationalist.

I mean bondy for you all. Not me. I don't do bonding. Unless you count smacking people with cardboard mailing tubes or head-butting them in the arm like a billy goat. Then I totally do bonding.

• SilentEchoSilentEcho Posts: 334Member
    I would love to be apart of this festivity.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    SIGN ME UP
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Posts: 2,302Member, Arbiter
    edited April 2013
    If there's still room, I'd like to join.

Edit: Huzzah! Comment 500!
    Clueboe said:

According to my math, which admittedly is not my strong point, there's still one slot open. I already have lisa lined up, and also I made ladyceres promise to let me interview her, but I'm not counting either of those in the 15-slot limit. So what I've got (not in order of being interviewed, just in order of sign-ups on this thread) is this:

1. dmmagic
    2. tjergoz
    3. Guardofthedragon
    4. Sambro2012
    5. 4SlotToaster
    6. jan
    7. elder_scrolls
    8. ConezPwnz47
    9. Piano
    10. Bulk
    11. ogmios
    12. SilentEcho
    13. DaBiscuitGod
    14. Clueboe

That leaves one spot open for this first batch. Should we be nice and save it for someone in a different time zone?

• AlanzliuAlanzliu Uptown FunkPosts: 1,601Member
    Sign me up in ten seconds flat!
    Okay, we've got victim #15! Sign-ups are now on hold until we get through these interviews.
  • onlyphoenixonlyphoenix Posts: 519Member
    Sirentist said:

Your comment reminds me that I wanted to say this in a general way (not to you specifically):

Please note that this is NOT one of those "ask me anything" type of interviews

When we were having the IamA discussion my only input was that IamAs would be a bad idea on our forums. I agree, it's definitely not the tone we should be going for.
  • AlanzliuAlanzliu Uptown FunkPosts: 1,601Member
    Sirentist said:

Clueboe said:

Oh... In that case if someone from a different time zone wants to sign up feel free to take my place..

• lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    Since we have 15 people, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me and/or @Sirentist.
  • bparkerbparker Posts: 396Member
    edited April 2013
    I would please

May or may not have just stalked this thread waiting for it to open again :)
  • ArtifreakArtifreak Posts: 244Member
    edited April 2013
    Sign Me Up!!! :D I thought there was gonna be a riot for spaces but this seems legit!
  • SockmnkySockmnky Posts: 555Member
    I'll sign up if anyone is curious about me.
  • DaMorlockDaMorlock Posts: 3,641Member, Arbiter
    Ill sign up!
This discussion has been closed.