Have you been a member of the forum for at least a month? Do you want to get to know some of your fellow Deepworlders? Do you like the idea of them getting to know you, too?
If so, then you're in the right place. Sign up below to be part of what is sure to become the next great Deepworld Forum thing: Interviews!
Here's how it works. I'll post a thread for the person being interviewed and start it off with a few questions. The thread will stay active (i.e., stickied) for two days, during which time anybody else on the forum can come along and ask questions. It's a fun way to get to know one another. Questions can be about anything -- Deepworld-related or not -- but of course must be respectful and appropriate. The basic idea is for us all to get to know the person behind the player/forumer a little better.
Example questions might include:
What's your favorite joke?
What's the nicest thing someone's done for you in the game?
If your life were a book, what would be the chapter headings?
What's your most distinguishing feature?
What's your weirdest or most annoying habit?
And so on.
That's about it! I've already tricked @lisa
into being our first victim! I mean interviewee. Our first interviewee! Her interview will be appearing shortly, so keep on the lookout for it and start thinking of good questions to ask her.
If you're interested in getting into this first batch of interviews, or have any questions about the process, sign up by commenting below.
- Required: One month (or longer) on the forum. That means your forum profile must say you joined in February 2013 or earlier.
- The person being interviewed can decline to answer any questions she or he feels uncomfortable answering.
- If you sign up to be interviewed, you agree to also participate in other people's interviews by asking questions. If you ask blatantly inappropriate or offensive questions, your name will be taken out of the interview lineup, you will be forever barred from having an interview of your own, and you will have a black mark on your soul for the rest of your life.
- If I already sent you a PM asking if you'd be interested, or saw you in the game and encouraged you to sign up, you still need to jump onto this thread and officially sign up unless you and I have clearly arranged otherwise.
- Once enough people have signed up (about 15 to start), I'll post the schedule of interviews and then this thread will be temporarily locked. It'll stay locked until we're done with the interviews. If there's still interest at that time (about a month from now), this thread will open back up for another round of sign-ups.
Answers to questions before you ask them:Why can't newer people be interviewed?
As the title of this thread suggests, these interviews are for people who've been around for a while. This rule might relax a bit as time goes on, but for this first batch, that's the way it is.That's not fair!
You're right! That's still the way it is. And it's a lot fairer than my original idea, which was to limit interviews to people aged 18 and up.I'm really new. Can I still ask questions?
Yes! Just remember to be courteous and keep in mind that we have a lot of young people in this game and on the forum. I play the game and I've had a forum account for over a month but I almost never post and no one knows me. Can I be interviewed?
Yes! I've had a forum account for over a month but I haven't actually played the game yet because (for example) I'm waiting for the Windows version to come out. Can I be interviewed?
Yes!I've played for a long time but I've only had a forum account for a little while. Can I be interviewed?
PM me.I haven't played very long or been a forum member for a month but I'm still totally interesting and people already know me and I have a lot of friends and I do cool stuff in the game and I'm super active on the forums and I'll give you FIFTY BLUE CRYSTALS if you interview me, can I be interviewed?
No.Can't I at least PM you too?
No.What if I give you a Notch painting?
Okay, PM me.