Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview with ladyceres

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,321
    @ladyceres, Ha! Rose, Donna and Amy. Doctor Who. :)
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    ladyceres said:

What is your favorite type of movie genre?
    It's a toss up between science fiction and comedy.

So im guessing you like(d) Red Dwarf then?
  • ladyceresladyceres Posts: 546Member
    Need to take a quick break from answering questions, but I'll be back.
    ogmios asks:

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
    liver

What is your opinion on spiders?
    I'm ok with them from a cool and wary distance. If one comes near me it will be meeting the bottom of my shoe in swift fashion.

Do you have any phobias?
    None of the typical ones.

What was the best vacation you ever went on?
    A week in Aruba. Awesome beach, awesome food, plenty of drinks. Can't argue with that.

Do you like roller coasters?
    I love them.

thewhite007 asks:
    What is your favorite type of Mythology?

I like the Greek/Roman stories best.

Bulk intamates:
    @Sirenist, where do get the pics of people, it's a bit creepy.

I'm surprised anyone would assume that Siren would gank someone's photos without permission. If you are calling my photo creepy, you just watch your back next time I see you in the game. *narrows eyes*

elder_scrolls asks:
    If you had a choice, wold you pick good or evil?
    Good

What is your favourite colour?
    We did this already, but purple.

What is your favourite building material?
    I like the marble the best.

What is your favourite decor item?
    The blue gaslights.

I know you hate PvP, but why?
    I'm not a fan of killing. I don't like the feeling of being stalked or hunted. I am also too competitive for my own good and it pisses me off when people kill me.

Do you believe everything exists in equilibrium?
    I have always tried to believe that but I have seen too many examples of someone constantly getting an easy ride, and another getting more than their fair share of tragedy. So it's tricky a lot of times.

Do you believe in fate?
    For the most part, yes. I've had some very good things happen as a result of crappy things. If the crappy things didn't happen, the good things wouldn't have either. But again, it's difficult to remember when times get tough.

Do you like poetry? If so, writing or reading?
    I am a complete dunce when it comes to poetry. I enjoyed Shel Silverstein when I was a child, but that's as sophisticated as I can handle.

Vos putatis hanc sententiam?
    Je ne parle pas latin.

Do you think you have a little too many questions?
    There are a lot, but we haven't crossed the line into too many yet.

Do you like the colour Black?
    Yes.
    How old are you? (It's alright if you don't want to share your age with us)
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    How much do I love you for posting a gory picture? THIS MUCH! Okay I realize I just asked you a question and then answered it my own self. Sorry about that. Here are some make-up questions:

What are the three most colorful things you can see from where you're sitting right now?
    Do you have siblings? If so, where are you in the lineup? If no, do you ever wish you did?
    When was the last time you actually laughed out loud? Cried?
    Do you collect anything? Have any hobbies? If so, what?
    What was your first word as a baby?

edited April 2013
    jellysnake asks:

Can you speak any other languages OTHER than english?
    If so how well.
    I am completely fluent in American Sign Language. I can muddle along in French and Spanish. I am not too bad at Welsh. I need to start studying them again.

ConezPwnz47 asks:
    Who are the top 10 players you hang out with on DeepWorld.
    I'm afraid of offending anyone by not mentioning them. I hang out most with the people who tend to hawk for new worlds, and there are a lot of recurring characters whom I get along with very well.

What world do you have your biggest building project on OTHER than Cravenfell or the other world-mining project.
    Well, I wasn't in the game long before I got caught up with these insane world-mining projects. I'm not sure that Dirtopia (coming soon!) really counts. Currently I'm doing a LOT of building in Fort Dartmouth, and since I need so many resources for that, I don't see myself building anything too large elsewhere for some time. I'm not sure where I would fit in any of the current populated worlds either.

Guardofthedragon asks:
    What do you think of the newest episode of Doctor Who?
    It was a hot mess if you ask me. I could forgive the slow build up to the action (as, after all, many shows need a bit of padding from time to time) but the climax of it was most dissatisfying. It's typical of the deus ex machina rubbish that tends to feature in a lot of new Who. I thought the little girl was adorable though, and if that was really her singing, she was very good. I also liked the part about Clara's parents.

Did you agree to this interview from your own free will? Or did Siren's skunk army convince you?
    I did. Siren is many things, but she's not disrespectful or a bully. If I had said that I didn't want to do this, she wouldn't have tried to challenge me.

What world do you have your biggest building project on?
    Fort Dartmouth

Junktruck98J asks:
    Can you give me a forceshield?
    If you give me the materials I would be happy to make you one.

How much wood could a wood chucker chuck if a wood chucker would want to chuck would like a wood chucker could, if a wood chucker would chuck wood?
    Bacon? It's the answer to most questions.

Do you like strawberries?
    Love them!

Have you ever eaten a nightshade berry?
    Nope.

Do you find Skunks cute? (in game/ real life)
    In the game they are cute. In real life, I could do without them stinking up the place so it sort of puts a damper on any cuteness factor.

Why do you bother answering these questions?
    Because I agreed to participate for this interview.

Whats your favourite/ most hated Japanese food?
    Favorite: Nearly all of it.
    Most hated: is there bad Japanese food?

Whats you (see above) Chinese food?
    Favorite: I like the junk food, so General Tso's, sweet and sour, etc..
    Most hated: any dish loaded up with a lot of gross vegetables or water chestnuts *shudders*

Where in the world have you ever wanted to go?
    Right now New Zealand as at the top of my list. Also Australia and Japan. So it would be ideal to be able to do a tour of the Pacific rim one day.

How do you want to die?
    Peacefully and without trauma.

Is it possible to form a question without a question mark.
    Haha.

Do you like trollers?
    No.
    Post edited by ladyceres on

ladyceres said:

What is your favorite type of movie genre?
    It's a toss up between science fiction and comedy.

So im guessing you like(d) Red Dwarf then?
    I LOVE Red Dwarf.

unknown asks:
    How old are you? (It's alright if you don't want to share your age with us)
    Significantly older than your average Deepworld denizen, but not middle aged either.

Sirentist asks:
    How much do I love you for posting a gory picture? THIS MUCH! Okay I realize I just asked you a question and then answered it my own self. Sorry about that.
    I aim to please! :D

Here are some make-up questions:

What are the three most colorful things you can see from where you're sitting right now?
    The variety of post-it notes and phone lists that litter my desk.

Do you have siblings? If so, where are you in the lineup? If no, do you ever wish you did?
    I have one sister who is three years younger than me.

When was the last time you actually laughed out loud? Cried?
    I'm sure my last laugh out loud was from playing Deepworld but I can't remember what happened. The latest Archer made me laugh out loud. I cried this weekend watching the series finale of Eureka. I still wish that show didn't have to end.

Do you collect anything? Have any hobbies? If so, what?
    I am a textile fanatic, so there are a lot of fabrics and fiber in my life. Mainly, I'm a knitter. I knit a lot, and I apparently have a unique skill for it. I also own a spinning wheel and know how to spin yarn from loose fiber. I can also weave on a basic level, and sew at an intermediate level. See why you'd want me around after an apocalypse?

What was your first word as a baby?
    Light :)
    How much do you like Doctor Who, on a scale of 1-10? @ladyceres
    Unknown asks:
    How much do you like Doctor Who, on a scale of 1-10?

I like it a lot and it's one of my favorite shows, so 10. But it doesn't follow that I like every single episode or am a rabid fan that believes the writers of the show can do no wrong.
  • onlyphoenixonlyphoenix Posts: 519Member
    Have you watched The Wire?

Which is your favorite Onyx item?

Android Crate or Cat Crate?

If Glitch was revived to its old glory would you quit Deepworld?

Which is your favorite genre of music?

Which have you done (or would prefer doing), Surfing or Scuba Diving?

What was your first week like in Glitch?

And consequently what was your first week like in Deepworld?
    ladyceres said:

Unknown asks:
    How much do you like Doctor Who, on a scale of 1-10?

I like it a lot and it's one of my favorite shows, so 10. But it doesn't follow that I like every single episode or am a rabid fan that believes the writers of the show can do no wrong.

Doctor Who is my favourite show! :D I rate it.. 10.5.
    Onlyphoenix asks:

Have you watched The Wire?
    No, I didn't have HBO when it was aired, but a friend recently told me how much she loved it, so I've been meaning to see if it's on Netflix.

Which is your favorite Onyx item?
    It's a tossup between the steampack and the compressor - both of them mean I can fly or shoot for a long time!

Android Crate or Cat Crate?
    I've only recently acquired these - I haven't tried to place them yet.

If Glitch was revived to its old glory would you quit Deepworld?
    Probably - but if that were to happen, I would have been playing Deepworld for a long time so I might make room for a bit of both.

Which is your favorite genre of music?
    My music taste is too eclectic to hammer down one genre. I like a lot of stuff from the 60s and 70s, but I'm equally happy listening to some current tunes. If I'm putting something on to listen to on purpose, it's usually a soundtrack from a musical.

Which have you done (or would prefer doing), Surfing or Scuba Diving?
    I'd like to try surfing one day. Scuba diving freaks me out a little since I've watched The Abyss.

What was your first week like in Glitch?
    It was absolutely wonderful. I laughed a lot, I was completely enchanted by the world they designed, and the people were all helpful and mature. I met ONE person who was a jerk the entire time I played. My path forward was pretty clear, and I could choose from many different skills to play the game in a way I preferred.

And consequently what was your first week like in Deepworld?
    Pretty scary and frustrating, to be honest. I played for a few nights and then I was going to swear it off forever. I think I took two or three days off and decided to log in again. At the time that I started, it was difficult to know which achievements I should try to do, and I found it really irritating that there was no acknowledgement of these things in game. That has since changed, of course. But I hand credit to Sirentist and Copperpot for keeping me coming back. Now I enjoy Deepworld for the game that it is, and I'm less focused on the ways it's not like Glitch. My mourning for Glitch is still pretty significant though.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    How is your in-game persona similar to or different from your "real life" personality?
    How do you feel about using the term "real life" to refer to non-virtual reality?
    What's your most treasured possession, and why?
    What's something about your upbringing that was unique and how did it affect your view of the world?
    What are the only two state capital cities that rhyme with each other?
    Sirentist asks:

How is your in-game persona similar to or different from your "real life" personality?
    I find it difficult not to be myself online. Hiding behind an online presence doesn't give me any reason to try to be a different person. I'm generally timid in larger crowds, so I might not talk much on a crowded server, but if I'm in a smaller group, it's hard to shut me up. A handful of people here have seen that side of me. I have a great sense of humor but I will call someone out for crossing a line. Don't make me angry though. You wouldn't like me if I got angry.

How do you feel about using the term "real life" to refer to non-virtual reality?
    It's not something I've ever given much thought to. What I do in Deepworld is part of my real life, but at the same time, my success or failure in the game is not going to have an affect on my real life, since it's virtual.

What's your most treasured possession, and why?
    Is it sad that I don't know the answer to this? Actually, right now it might be my blender (not the one I chopped my finger up in, obviously). I was struggling with a crappy blender for a while, and I got a really shiny new one for Christmas. It pulverizes things in a very satisfying way.

What's something about your upbringing that was unique and how did it affect your view of the world?
    I've got an answer to this, but I don't think it's something I want to discuss publicly. I will say that it's something I wish I had realized the significance of sooner than I did. If I had, my life might have been very different.

What are the only two state capital cities that rhyme with each other?
    Boston and Austin. I actually only just realized this recently as I have an online acquaintance that moved from Boston to Austin.
  • ArtifreakArtifreak Posts: 244Member
    What is your favourite skill ingame? (eg: luck, perception, stamina)
  • bparkerbparker Posts: 396Member
    Do you own any pets if so what are they?

• ZapfuryZapfury Posts: 3,142Member
    1. Do you play any sports? If so name some you enjoy.

2. Can you do a handstand or cartwheel?

3. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    edited April 2013
    She said animaniacs!!! :O I haven't heard that name in a LONG time.

Do you like pugs?

Would you ever consider getting a pug?

The SUSPENSE!
    edited April 2013
    1. What is your favorite cereal?

2. What is your favorite element?

3. What is your birthstone? Meaning?

4. Do you like Marvel or DC?

5. What are the countries you would love to visit one day?

6. Do you have a favorite day of the week?

7. If you had a million dollars what would you spend it on?

8. Do you find yourself eating ice cubes at times?
    Post edited by Zapfury on
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    What is your favorite architectural feat?
  • SilentEchoSilentEcho Posts: 334Member
    Whats your favorite instrument?
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Posts: 2,911Member, Arbiter
    Have you decided on a song/ music to represent you life yet? (It's ok if the answer is still no)

Has you favorite question so far changed yet or is it still the one about your name?
  • bparkerbparker Posts: 396Member
    What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done. Example, ziplining, climbing a mountain,etc.
    Zapfury asks:

What is your favorite cereal?
    It used to be Count Chocula before they changed the recipe and it started tasting like crap. Now I can't eat most cereals thanks to an issue with gluten sensitivity.

What is your favorite element?
    Magnesium

What is your birthstone? Meaning?
    It's a topaz. It's the color of pee. According to Google: Topaz is a soothing, empathetic stone that will direct energy to the place it is most needed. It heals and energizes. Topaz is a promoter of truth and forgiveness. Use it to find your own path.

That's nice and all. Just give me the blue or pink versions, please.

Do you like Marvel or DC?
    I'm not sure I could ever reconcile my love of Superman and the X-Men to ever choose one.

What are the countries you would love to visit one day?
    I think I did this one? The Pacific rim countries like Japan, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.

Do you have a favorite day of the week?
    Saturday. The weekend has just started, I get to sleep in, there's a whole day full of promise of things that I want to do.

If you had a million dollars what would you spend it on?
    I would pay off all my student loans, and get myself settled in a house I love, with a car I love (but nothing crazy expensive), and lots of tech gadgets. If it can be controlled by my computer, I want a piece of it.

Do you find yourself eating ice cubes at times?
    No. Given the choice, I prefer not having ice in my beverages.

Bulk asks:
    What is your favorite architectural feat?
    I love the look of that opera house in Sydney.

SilentEcho asks:
    Whats your favorite instrument?
    Like a true music geek, I really can't pick just one. I played the piccolo and flute, and I think they both awesome. But that's for woodwinds. Brass, I like the French Horn. Strings, I like the cello.

stingerbee5000 asks:
    Have you decided on a song/ music to represent you life yet?
    I'm really bad at questions like this. Not yet.

Has you favorite question so far changed yet or is it still the one about your name?
    I liked Siren's question about in-game vs real-life persona, mainly because I think it's an important question for everyone to ask themselves.

bparker asks:

What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done. Example, ziplining, climbing a mountain,etc.

Nothing athletic like that to date, but I'm dying to go ziplining. The most adventurous thing I have ever done was upping sticks to move to another country to do a master's degree.