Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons, Spikes and Roofs, a heady cocktail that doesn't always work

Earlier in the day I found this dungeon, where at the bottom right you can see the big blue roofing and below the spikes is a convery belt, everything worked as intended and I was able to get past it to the mech chest,

However, another variant of this exists with the big red roofing, and this time I cannot get past the roofing try as I might (on an iPad). I would merely run up against the roofing as if it was a wall.

I'm wondering if the blue roofing variant was the original design with the red roofing variant added for variety's sake. Whatever the case, there's a problem that needs looking into.

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Yes. I'm having the exact same problem in my private world, but I'm on a mac. The trouble is right here:

You just can't get up through that gap. Nothing works. I'm going to have to call in KylerCA again since you can no longer "glitch in" on a mac. Which, by the way, sucks.
  • ogmiosogmios Posts: 660Member
    This was one of my dungeons, and yes the blue roof was the original design.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    Oops... you're correct about the blue roofing being the source material. But our fancy-pants generator randomly switches it out for the brown one, which doesn't work so well here :)

Delphinium could help in a couple of weeks...

Maybe there's another fix I can do before then... hmm.
  • ogmiosogmios Posts: 660Member
    Sounds good, I would hate for one of my dungeons to be causing trou...

Wait, delphinium as in the flower? How would that help...

*checks wiki

Oh, do want.
  • onlyphoenixonlyphoenix Posts: 519Member
    So delphinium will let you phase through walls (or maybe let you teleport short distances) ? Cool!
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    @Sirentist, don't trust me anymore!
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Posts: 1,809Member
    By the way, the current one is possible. I actually did it on Mac. I somehow just repeatedly flew through and I got in. I am positive it was the same area, in the same dungeon.

Im glad its being fixed though.
  • dmmagicdmmagic Your mom's house.Posts: 3,235Member
    Is this a Mac only problem? I'm able to get by on the iPad.

:-??
    @dmmagic, it's like passing through those spikes in Mallorea, at the Glitch House. It's very fiddly and only some people are able to do it.
  • dmmagicdmmagic Your mom's house.Posts: 3,235Member
    I was thinking the same thing.

:)
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter

@Sirentist, don't trust me anymore!

Wait, is that a command?

I didn't mean to suggest I wouldn't trust you! It's just that KylerCA has always been my go-to glitcher, from back before I even knew you. But there have been times I've asked your help as well...

• ladyceresladyceres Posts: 546Member
    I ran into this exact dungeon last night, and could not for the life of me get through on the Mac. I logged out, popped in on the iPad, and was able to slide right through that gap. Glad I'm not the only one!
    edited April 2013
    It's odd that even on iPad some people are finding it easy while at least I am not able to get through it at all. I've found another similar instance of a very narrow passage that I could not get through at all and had to enlist the help of @KylerCA. The protector in the image is blocked by two turrets, and while it looks like you should be able to pass through them, I could not. I will however cherish this dungeon for a long while, since it gave me my very first looted Smasheroid :)

• OxidisOxidis Posts: 794Member, Arbiter

It's odd that even on iPad some people are finding it easy while at least I am not able to get through it at all. I've found another similar instance of a very narrow passage that I could not get through at all and had to enlist the help of @KylerCA. The protector in the image is blocked by two turrets, and while it looks like you should be able to pass through them, I could not. I will however cherish this dungeon for a long while, since it gave me my very first looted Smasheroid :)

-image here-

That passage is especially annoying. It is 3 blocks high, but there is a turret covering the middle block on both or one end. They block your way into the passage which has a protector in the middle.

When this happened to me I had to take advantage of the direct interaction glitch which still has not been fixed. ahem @mikelaurence
    The brown roofing dungeon generated in my private world with a block of earth replacing the offending piece of roofing. Thanks a lot for fixing this @mikelaurence :)
  • KillerHenzKillerHenz Posts: 2,019Member
    @mikelaurence theres another thing u and the devs need to fix in dungeons is the bridges
    i cant get past them cos they have like a invisible block
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 253K