Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spikes with no space in between

xgillsxgills Posts: 3Member
edited April 2013 in Gripes and Grins
Yeah...Can't post screenshot of it since on iphone and honestly turrets killing me before could anyway...but on Woodstock near 680 East 180 Down theres a protector...I shall provide a bad diagram.

_____
|P:::
-----

Legend:
| = wall
_/-= wall
P=Protector
:=spikes.

Anything can be done about this? Normally I'd just try jetpacking and forcing way through while healing...but because so close you actually can't activate jetpack and cant walk either...you slide absurdly slowly and that too stops after about half a block.

Spent a while clearing out the large brains stuck next to that protector only to find those spikes blocking path anyway so it'd be nice if this could be fixed....specially since this protector is blocking the dungeon's crate.

Isn't first dungeon I've come across with spikes blocking routes however this is the first one I've seen where there is no alternative path and where they are directly next to the protector.

Edit:

The specific dungeon referenced no longer exists (thanks again for help) but still think this design should not occur or at least should have alternative paths...can't really see anything being added by a trap where you either mine past a wall or have to eat dmg continually until you get in mining range.
Post edited by xgills on

Comments

• AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    There is always an alternate path for some people B-)
  • ogmiosogmios Posts: 660Member
    Get a picture of the dungeon, if it is a design flaw the devs should know
  • xgillsxgills Posts: 3Member
    Ok...managed to get a screenshot. My diagram was not best shall admit. Technically one block between the large spikes i guess...but 4 deep rather than 3 I depicted...and character is still two high...meh. attaching picture

IMG_0013.PNG
    1136 x 640 - 1M
    Ha! If you feel like you need it raided, give Lord Harkon (me!) a call!
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Posts: 1,250Member
    This is an iPhone issue, so @mikelaurence @jsonperl will look into it as they have their hands full. Thanks.
  • xgillsxgills Posts: 3Member
    edited April 2013
    ...? I am puzzled by that reply elder_scrolls.. Would simply like to know if I am correct in saying that it is impossible to reach as is. And if so would like it made possible/raided so can destroy this place which has wasted so much of my time.

Edit:

Not being able to get by is unique to iphones? ah....that stinks...thanks for clarification.
  • nucleartoenailnucleartoenail if you are reading this you are going to die in the next ten seconds!Posts: 355Member
    I would be able to raid it also, i got a few tricks up my sleeve :)
  • onlyphoenixonlyphoenix Posts: 519Member
    The Spike hall is one of the most poorly designed dungeons in the game.
  • VanEngelVanEngel Posts: 116Member
    Got the same prob, i just keep getting stuck between the spikes
    Aaaaand, sorted