Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Building Competition #3: Cave Chronicles (Party at 6 PM CST on Sunday)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
edited May 2013 in Events
Have you ever discovered a cave in Deepworld and thought to yourself, "man, this cave is boring?" Us too! So let's join together for some friendly competition and see who can make the most interesting cave experience. Just like with the dungeon building competition, we will have lots of winners and lots of prizes, and many of the entries will become a part of Deepworld's world generation system!

Building Style:
- The goal is to create a cave that offers an experience, whether that is a puzzle, a challenge, a story, or just something pretty.
- For example: The attached image shows my example cave. It's a crumbled pipe observation station with a skeleton at the bottom. A note is beside the skeleton and says "My dear Adelia, I will always lov-". There is a chest nearby, locked with the password "Adelia".

New Items:
- We will have player-placable notes and password-locked switches/chests very shortly, so feel free to plan for them (you can just include signs stating the intended behavior like I did in the example). They will be fully usable in-game this weekend.

Rules:
- All entries MUST be built in competition worlds only. These will be publicized here and have [Competition] in the name.
- Competition worlds feature green protectors that can be claimed by clicking on them; thus, you can have a protected space to build without having to use your own protector. If you want to do additional entries, you can use your own protectors, or wait for additional competition worlds (you can claim three protectors per such world as of tomorrow - right now, just one).
- Size can be anywhere from small to huge
- The competition deadline is Friday May 3rd at 6 PM CST. Voting will occur over the following weekend and the awards party will be Sunday May 5th at night.

Prizes:
- Grand prize: 500 crowns and a Brass Throne
- Best Of and Popular Choice prizes: 250 crowns
- Top 20: 100 crowns
- Participation: TBD

The first world is "Hayle Glade [Competition]" and is now open. It will become non-premium tomorrow. If you have any questions or clarifications, post here and I'll update the rules.

Let the competition begin!
Post edited by mikelaurence on
Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 2.31.07 PM.jpg
1241 x 1018 - 443K

Comments

• GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandPosts: 2,623Member
    Beta world or public?
    Ohh and since sledgehammers don't distress blocks do we get a free hatchet?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator

Ohh and since sledgehammers don't distress blocks do we get a free hatchet?

Public world.

Sledgehammers still currently distress blocks in public Deepworld. Once the update comes out, hatchets will do that. They will be very cheap to craft, though, don't worry.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Epic!!! I want to take part! :D
  • Rattle26Rattle26 Somewhere in the Deepworld...Posts: 1,118Member
    what is TBD?
  • Liangdi_Wang7Liangdi_Wang7 Hungary. I am so hungry.Posts: 647Member
    Please let me join. ^:)^
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    Rattle26 said:

what is TBD?

TBD stands for To Be Determined.
  • KylerCAKylerCA UnchartedPosts: 809Member
    I'd love to join! :)
  • Raze1231Raze1231 Right Behind You.Posts: 615Member
    Can some one post a pic of a brass throne?
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,439Member, Arbiter
    I love to join too!
  • SambroSambro Twilight TownPosts: 1,240Member
    edited April 2013
    I'll join too!
  • fastfire150fastfire150 Posts: 53Member
    my cave,but its not that good...
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 223K
  • SambroSambro Twilight TownPosts: 1,240Member
    Here is my entry, it is a crumbled exotic resteraunt. Kinda like example cave as far as materials go.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 205K
  • mactheterriblemactheterrible Posts: 223Member
    This sounds like fun! I'm gonna give it a go - I should have my entry going in a few days. :)
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Posts: 1,809Member
    I wanted to incorporate some Deepworld lore into my cave, automatically I thought of the fair. I wanted to create the fair lying in ruins after all that occurred. With limited space, I created a booth, and a broken down walkway at the bottom. So, here is my cave!
    Deepworld Screenshot - Hayle Glade [Competition] 741 east.jpg
    1920 x 942 - 307K
  • NicoEatsbaconNicoEatsbacon Posts: 20Member
    In my picture below, caves remind me of Natural History. I then created a crystalized cave with a story of an explorer. My cave represents many explorers around the world doing what they love and desire the most. So hopefully y'all love my cave and happy Competition! :)
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 237K
  • tripptripp Posts: 132Member
    Cant wait for the update i was getting bored :-SS
    Alrighty my entry is in!
  • Rattle26Rattle26 Somewhere in the Deepworld...Posts: 1,118Member
    I would love to join this wonderful competition! -Gets out building tools-
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,432Member, Arbiter
    Time to put on my architectural thinking cap.
  • perplexingplatypusperplexingplatypus 9 3/4 Deepworld street, Memevile, Ios, 4815162342Posts: 390Member
    Here's my cave. There's some signs you might want to look at above the top of this picture...
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 245K
  • Liangdi_Wang7Liangdi_Wang7 Hungary. I am so hungry.Posts: 647Member
    @mikelaurence, some one greifed my cave, I know who I saw him.I also put signs.
    I will pm you :((
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 219K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 247K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 218K
  • ScharSchar Your ClosetPosts: 985Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry to ask, but premium can come with crowns, correct? If so, how much?

If it does, I'll definitely participate despite being a noob.
    If I was able to, I would buy premium myself but I can't. Life-Technology complications
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,432Member, Arbiter

If I was able to, I would buy premium myself but I can't. Life-Technology complications

Premium comes with 100 crowns. Also, I think you get a little bit more if you mentioned someone when you registered.
  • DaMorlockDaMorlock Posts: 3,641Member, Arbiter
    How many green protectors are there in a world?

A lot. Don't worry, there won't be any shortage.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    edited April 2013

Somewhere around 200 I believe.

We'll add a way to locate ones that were missed in a couple days, since the last 10 or so might be tough to find naturally.
  • jakethewarlordjakethewarlord The panic roomPosts: 863Member
    edited April 2013
    @Mikelaurence Is it ok that I use a large protector for my cave i could not find a green one and a small was a little too small
    Post edited by jakethewarlord on
  • thegamer1357thegamer1357 Posts: 125Member
    Here's my cave
    Didn't really fit in the pic but its the best I could do :D
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 168K
  • ScharSchar Your ClosetPosts: 985Member
    toadlover said:

Premium comes with 100 crowns. Also, I think you get a little bit more if you mentioned someone when you registered.
    Sorry. I meant getting actual premium. Not the crowns that come with it.

Also, question. Does the cave have to be in one shot?
This discussion has been closed.