Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

22nd May 2013: Automata Overhaul

SystemSystem Posts: 2

image22nd May 2013: Automata Overhaul

In our most recent update Deepworld denizens finally got to check out our new vastly improved character animations, courtesy of Spine. Already Deepworld is a more lively and vibrant place to look at -...

Read the full story here

Comments

• KoolTatoKoolTato At your mom's house watching Darude - Sandstorm.Member Posts: 1,076
    pritty good and when i say pritty good i mean freakin awesome
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    Nice work! I can wait to see the big brothers to the little automatons. With the weaker ones becoming obsolete, will there be some kind of potential for perhaps getting a "pet" one?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,349
    toadlover said:

Nice work! I can wait to see the big brothers to the little automatons. With the weaker ones becoming obsolete, will there be some kind of potential for perhaps getting a "pet" one?

Don't worry, there will still be mini automata :)
  • AlanzliuAlanzliu Uptown FunkMember Posts: 1,601
    Yay
    image.jpg
    380 x 350 - 28K
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,075
    Awesome, more challenges to face. However the larger automatons will make Recycler harder...
  • GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandMember Posts: 2,623
    This looks amazing as ever!
  • ladyceresladyceres Member Posts: 546
    Am I reading this correctly that the automatons will now be causing more trouble? And you'll be making ones that are MORE annoying than the current ones?

A+ on the animation and art - I love it. But big fat fail (for me) if this game is going to become more irritating for people who despise the killing aspect. Color me unimpressed, sorry.
  • jakethewarlordjakethewarlord The panic roomMember Posts: 863
    We are all doomed :)
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432

toadlover said:

Don't worry, there will still be mini automata :)
    Yay! I love the cute harmless walkers. Glad to see that they will still be there.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,884
    Wow, that is some very awesome mechanical walking! Smooth yet appropriately clunky, and very determined-looking. I love how the propeller and gun turret thingee bounce a tiny bit with every step. I can already hear the whirring and clanking sounds that will go with it.

(I agree with @ladyceres about the mobs though. I'd probably feel less resentful about new mob implementations if some of the REALLY OLD BASIC SUPER ANNOYING BUGS were getting resolved at the same time.)
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    I'll be sure to look at this and like it on tumblr!!! :)
  • SirSlothSirSloth AmericuhMember Posts: 1,399
    Phew, I was curious about seeing the new automata in the last animation update, but saw that they hadn't changed. I'm glad that we'll get new enemies!!

Will this come with the upcoming update?
    ladyceres said:

Am I reading this correctly that the automatons will now be causing more trouble? And you'll be making ones that are MORE annoying than the current ones?

A+ on the animation and art - I love it. But big fat fail (for me) if this game is going to become more irritating for people who despise the killing aspect. Color me unimpressed, sorry.

There are a couple features coming very soon that will assuage your concerns here...
    Sirentist said:

I'd probably feel less resentful about new mob implementations if some of the REALLY OLD BASIC SUPER ANNOYING BUGS were getting resolved at the same time.)

If you can reiterate these bugs, I'd appreciate it. Our todo list is nine miles long, so stuff gets lost sometimes.
  • ogmiosogmios Member Posts: 660
    I have no words for this, just happy noises.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,884

Sirentist said:

I'd probably feel less resentful about new mob implementations if some of the REALLY OLD BASIC SUPER ANNOYING BUGS were getting resolved at the same time.)

If you can reiterate these bugs, I'd appreciate it. Our todo list is nine miles long, so stuff gets lost sometimes.
    Okdok, I will PM them to you (unless you prefer them listed out on the forum). I will do this ... soon ...
  • DaHoboAtWalMartDaHoboAtWalMart Member Posts: 93
    I have one thing to say about the new animations. I do not like the bouncing of your character whenever you hit the ground after jumping. If you were falling from a higher elevation or it only happened every once in a while it would be fine, but that is the most annoying animation that exists to me right now.
  • TaurokTaurok Member Posts: 856
    I know i am gravedigging, but i am very disappointed.
    'Tis giant automata isnt out yet! ;)
  • MakeshiftMakeshift Siberian CratersMember Posts: 522
    Am I the only person who thinks these new automata will be painful?
    image.jpg
    342 x 360 - 43K
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    Please be out..... :D
  • zbirdofawesomezbirdofawesome Member Posts: 52
    Awesome
  • zbirdofawesomezbirdofawesome Member Posts: 52
    But it has to have feathers :D