Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Enemies? Weapons?

Soul0ReaperSoul0Reaper Posts: 10Member
edited May 2012 in General
I loved terraria because you got to have weapons and monsters to kill with alot of fun items to do battle with, does this have that too, or is it only mining and stuff?

Comments

• 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Posts: 1,809Member
    Currently there are no mobs, and the only tools are pickaxes and sledgehammers, but remember it is only in alpha. :)
  • quinnstephensquinnstephens Posts: 464Administrator
    There will be mobs and weapons, don't worry. But we're probably going to have less combat focus overall than Terraria, and you'll defeat some of the enemies not with weapons but with clever building techniques. At least that's the plan for now; we'll see how things evolve :-?
  • Soul0ReaperSoul0Reaper Posts: 10Member
    edited May 2012
    aw, not as combat focused? I love these sandbox games, but they get kinda stale once you finish building :( Loved Minecraft but it became really stagnant in the vanilla game where not much to do but build build build Terraria kept me interest with all the cool encounters you'd have and events.
    I'll keep an eye out on this game as it looks really cool from the kickstarter preview. The steampunk setting looks like a sort of sci-fi/fantasy remix.

edit: meh screw it, I just pre ordered torchlight 2 and diablo 3, might as well use my 40 bucks remaining to support this game :D
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    We definitely have some fun ideas for monsters and combat, don't worry :) Personally, I'm angling for a build-your-own-golem-companion system... here's hoping we can pull it off :D
    Can you answer your pms mike please :) I sent you a question and you have yet to respond.
  • MrTubaPersonMrTubaPerson Posts: 117Member
    Personally, I'm angling for a build-your-own-golem-companion system...
    You mean not just companions, but FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE companions? :-O

I'm one of those people that advocates the inclusion of ompanions, and I've never even thought of that before...
    Golem companions sound awesome, imagine a band of golems traveling with you XD, opens up a lot of cool encounter possibilities

Btw I notice on the discussion on kickstarter that extra copies are going to be bonuses. you should advertise this fact on the main site
  • BluesCluesBluesClues Posts: 160Member
    We definitely have some fun ideas for monsters and combat, don't worry :) Personally, I'm angling for a build-your-own-golem-companion system... here's hoping we can pull it off :D
    So like this?

Bad guy----> >:) /:) <----Me

Bad guy----> >:) >:/ <----Me

Bad guy----> b-( [..] <----My golem

=)) <----Me
    That was fantastic BC, I can't wait until iOS Alpha comes out so we can play! :)
    Even though I have an iPad, I'm more eager for a windows release :P I hope you get enough funding so that the windows beta comes out soon!
  • BluesCluesBluesClues Posts: 160Member
    That was fantastic BC, I can't wait until iOS Alpha comes out so we can play! :)
    Same goes for you :P
    A cool idea of enemies would be little steam contraptions wandering about :D
  • cborgencborgen Posts: 92Member
    A cool idea of enemies would be little steam contraptions wandering about :D
    I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool to see various kind of steam-powered enemies, like the Dwemer contraptions in Skyrim.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    BTW, coming very soon:
    jpg
    jpg
    deepworld-terrapi.jpg
    YES!!! SO EXCITED! :D
  • ddawg77ddawg77 Posts: 362Member
    What are those things!?!?! :-B
  • RunariRunari Posts: 88Member
    Terrapus. Their aim isn't bad either, when they shoot fireballs/acid, they're fun to dodge.
    Yes. Very.
  • eburgess4eburgess4 Posts: 32Member
    You could use the terrapus giblets for that.