Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New items! Gas light, mine, chest(s), light cord, chain, hangers, and posts

aduckaduck Posts: 25Member
edited May 2012 in General
Just saw these were added with the 5/10/12 update:

Gas light - first use of blue crystal!:
A neat little brass light with dual blue flames. This is the first craft item which requires blue crystal to create.

Mine:
This appears to be an explosive device, the first defensive 'weapon' object in the game. It doesn't seem to do anything yet, but will probably be more useful when mobs start appearing.

Chests (large and small):
Wood with red top. I had found a few of the small ones previously in abandoned subterranean shelters but this is the first I've seen them available in Crafting. They don't appear to do anything yet except cause you to wander what kind of treasure they hold.

Light cord:
Again, doesn't do anything yet, but maybe this means we'll have the ability to control the light function at some point. Only hangs vertically.

Chain:
Also appears only decorative in nature for now, but maybe useful in the future for elevators or something. Only hangs vertically.

Hangers:
Finally something to hang your lamps on rather than just sticking them in the air or on a random surface.

Posts (wood and iron):
Two types of post here, one is wood and one is iron. They only attach vertically. You can mix and match.
png
png
Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 2.04.14 AM.png
1M
png
png
Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 2.09.52 AM.png
1M
png
png
Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 2.10.42 AM.png
1M