Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld 2.0: New Art In-Game Preview

Comments

• eufult202eufult202 Posts: 211Member
    I LOVE the bloodstone. It looks so real! The dirt and acid mushies look cool, but i dont really like the iron blocks and floral wallpaper that much. Also, could you post a pic of what you would look like without the divers mask? So we can see what a plain face looks like?
  • AstellaAstella Spying on the government while they spy on us . . . Posts: 611Member
    lisa said:

I'm going to keep my "I told you so" to myself over here, silly kids :)

I knew it would turn out great. Even with the other previews, the art that goes into all of this is very impressive. I don't see why people didnt like the other previews. :)
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    Astella said:

lisa said:

I'm going to keep my "I told you so" to myself over here, silly kids :)

I knew it would turn out great. Even with the other previews, the art that goes into all of this is very impressive. I don't see why people didnt like the other previews. :)
    We understand how hard it is for Quinn to draw the items, but sometimes you just gotta speak up and say you dont like something before the change is made, no? I do like these new textures though, close to the original and more detailed, thumbs up!
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    ladyceres said:

ladyceres said:

With the new content updates, will there be any black blocks? The new bloodstone will definitely kill the ambiance for my constellations, as it was meant to look like a night sky inasmuch as possible.

Good point. How about some space-ish wallpaper? I'd love to add some more astronomical-type things, anyway, like a telescope, planet diorama, and so forth.
    Yeah wallpaper would be great! Just some kind of black backdrop. It's going to be weird that our buildings will look so suddenly different, but people did use the current art in some very creative ways to get a certain look to things. It's understandable that some things would "break" after such an update, but as long as there's some good stuff to replace it with, I think people will manage. It's a good opportunity to do some renovation, I suppose.
    Could we also have some black blocks...

-looks at all the black & white buildings she has made-
  • Ivan_BestIvan_Best Posts: 606Member
    That's Sooo Cool
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    I just realized that the Devs have a Dev world for clearvale..
  • unknownunknown Posts: 652Member
    Oh wow, this is much better than the first preview for the new graphics! I love it!
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Posts: 721Member
    edited September 2014
    Like it :D awesome.
    But some stuff looks weird for me :

- The steel crates maybe need some new texture they looks like they made from glass or something :D (and on the same picture where is the salt ,the original have salt but on the new i dont see any ,lol :D)

- the fire of the industrial lamp and the stabilizer... Damn that colors :D

Anything else is awesome , cant wait for it :D

Edit:
    I think @Sirentist‌ going to be happy if she see the new detaied crow crew xD
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloPosts: 1,584Member

Time for an update on the much-discussed art update! Take a look, hope you like it!
    http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/96511646201/deepworld-2-0-art-in-game-preview

I think the chair is the best hehehehe. No just kidding looks great!
  • AetherAether Knocking on the door of the Ban Hammer FactoryPosts: 1,801Member
    Change is going to be hard, but sometimes change can be a good thing. :D I am going to miss how everything looks now tho!
  • JunktruckTheSecondJunktruckTheSecond Old Account -> http://forums.deepworldgame.com/profile/1350/Junktruck98Posts: 10Member
    Adorbz.
    #yolo

But in all seriousness, I think its perfect! Looking forward to seeing a whole new game when I'm properly back. As for now, toodles!
    *skiddaddles*
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    Some items may look like other items like the wood rubble in the usual blue tele bunker. It looks like brass or copper rubble thingy to me
  • Austin10160Austin10160 Posts: 3Member
    I love everything except that the spikes look rubbish and they look like little wood spikes can you chnage that to like more mentalist?
  • NerevarineNerevarine IT'S YA GIRLPosts: 3,605Member
    Woah daaaaamn!!
    The crystal looks cool.
  • AlgoryxAlgoryx OmicronPosts: 792Member
    edited September 2014
    I will miss the games dark apocalyptic look.
  • SundaraSundara New York CityPosts: 359Member
    Looks incredibly awesome!
    I love it! :D
  • Falconwing630Falconwing630 Somewhere over the rainbowPosts: 142Member
    Nice...I love the new chest look ;)
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    The only thing that I didn't really like was the Sandstone, it looked inverted from the Backdrop in the Previous deepworld.
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedPosts: 706Member
    Love the water blocks in laurence's inventory
  • Falconwing630Falconwing630 Somewhere over the rainbowPosts: 142Member

Love the water blocks in laurence's inventory

Haha I want to know what's that ? mark in his inventory XD
  • GraysonGrayson Sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket.Posts: 451Member
    NOOOOOOO i like deepworld as it is :-O
  • GraysonGrayson Sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket.Posts: 451Member

Clueboe said:

Zesty!
    I'm overjoyed that you aren't using the "Curtis the Miner goes to Candyland" graphics of the earlier preview.

Showing mockups is always dangerous :D

What do you mean mockups?
  • AlgoryxAlgoryx OmicronPosts: 792Member
    Everything was so perfect.... too bright now..
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    edited September 2014
    I admit that I still prefer the graphics we have now but this art is MUCH more toned down than the previous mockup... Which basically means it's better. I think the coolest things are the bombs, they look so... Menacing!
  • ArimasArimas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5SWeykbCjAPosts: 230Member
    Somethings look as if they were floating, like the Cthulu Plushie. :P
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    Looking through the new mock-ups again, I noticed something that I do hope gets changed as well. This doesn't apply to all of the new paper wallpapers, but it does appear that some (like the flowered and tan-green-orange wallpapers) have undergone some radical changes. Would it be possible to revise these (especially the warm tan-orange-green one that has now changed to a cool blue wallpaper) so that they look more like their originals? I know and accept that some redesigning will need to be done once the new art rolls out, but it would be nice if the colors of some items didn't do an entire flip on the color wheel.
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    And people were leaving because...?

Seriously, I LOVE these graphics! I can only imagine how New Moscow will look...
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    This may be difficult or impossible (i dont even know if this can happen) but probably an option in the settings that could let us choose from the old graphics to the new graphics?