Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld 2.0: New Art In-Game Preview

Comments

• eufult202eufult202 Posts: 211Member
    Lyven said:

This may be difficult or impossible (i dont even know if this can happen) but probably an option in the settings that could let us choose from the old graphics to the new graphics?

Yeah, like you could switch from standard to fancy? Thats a good idea.
  • eufult202eufult202 Posts: 211Member
    Even though these graphics look cool, it wont be the same.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    You should start working on pink balloons and cupcakes!
  • ThejellosquidThejellosquid The Real SquidPosts: 396Member
    What will paintings look like
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    Still hate the brains...
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugePosts: 1,559Member
    edited September 2014
    PIPTR0 said:

Still hate the brains...

blablabla

Refer to the video above :3

• dentrondentron Stuck in a hole undergroundPosts: 369Member
    Say mike... What will small mech chests look like? :>
  • CattsworthCattsworth Nowhere. Or Dead.Posts: 769Member
    @mikelaurence Can we see more clothing examples? Meaning outfits without the Diver's helmet.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,950Member
    I think people should get the choice of wich textures they'd like to see
    ingame.

Just like texture packs (aka resource packs) from Minecraft.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member

ingame.

But I like the textures and all for v2, the brains are the only problem. There should be a special option that changes the brains only.
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter

ingame.

I don't code, but I don't see how this is possible for a 2D sandbox game. If you can choose which texture's you'd like to see, that will cause a TON of lag due to have both textures stored on the device. Maybe on very good internet, it would cause enough lag to make you not move... at all.
    Though's that's my opinion.
    Not sure how this works against a server based multiplayer game compared to a 2D sandbox MMO.
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Posts: 1,303Member
    Levi said:

Playing around in Photoshop, hopefully to make it in-game: adding large shadows beneath solid blocks as well as underneath their top borders goes a long way to increasing foreground/background feel. Nice, eh?

Now that is awesome. I'm still not a huge fan of the machines (the blue glow is really my only problem with them, as previously stated, they are powered by steam, so perhaps less of blue glow, from what I presume are the crystals inside) but I like the wallpaper and the wood is pretty good too.

I was thinking over the last few days and realized that one of my main problems with the new art was that many of the colour schemes of the textures have been changed. This, more than anything, would be bad for current builds.

Here is my proposed soloution:
    Perhaps if you kept the general colour schemes he same. Ex. Bloodstone looked a little blacker, the warm orange-y wallpaper was still orange (with a similar design) same with the other wallpapers and other blocks.
    Ex2. The sandstone block and natural backdrop kept more of their current look. I don't mind the pattern if he new sandstone block, I would just think it would be less confusing if it was the backdrop pattern and that something more... Orange... Was the sandstone.
    Perhaps if some items received less dramatic changes too. Because. I have seen many creatively used items out there. (Thank you @toadlover for inspiring that part of my style) but with these dramatic changes these creatively used items wouldn't be nearly as cool.
    Ex: While the new wooden railings are awesome, the old ones allowed us to make a kind of wooden scaffolding effect. This new one looks more like iron railings, which don't give that effect. So I think it would be nice if some if these items had MORE of their original shape so as to make it so that the old builds look as they were intended to. (But I would love if "fancy wooden railings" were released.) And would also prefer if some of the colourings were more like they are now.
    Ex: original 2.0 concepts showed pink balloons, and the fancy chairs were also pink and purple. Would I be opposed to new items like that? No. But I think that something more like the baige, stitched balloons and the yellow blue and red striped ones, (not wrapped in ropes like I remember the original 2.0 concept) would be cooler. As for the fancy chairs, I think that red, blue, and green should remain, but that the addition of a few other colours would be cool.

I do have a question though. Will the new textures layer themsleves the way they do now? Ex: chair (without option other than blue, if applicable) appear behind a table, a lever will always appear behind an object, wine labels and books sometimes showing infront, or behind their layered objects, fire for fireplaces appearing infront of some blocks but not others, placing metals behind metal bridges to give it that awesome effect, etc? Because I know that is a major part of some builds, and if suddenly layering certain items didn't work, it would ruin the eff

I hope that these suggestions are helpful, and considered.
    That is my opinion of a good compromise,
    I'm Dog-man77, and that my friends, is how you add hasty closure to a statement that could drone on forever if you didn't add definite closure.
    Yeahhhh (that works too)
    Could you please stop signing your name like that at the end of your post. It sounds HUGELY arrogant like you're some president. We can see your name at the start of your post.
    The reason I do it is to add closure. As well (this is probably going to sound childish) I do it because that is how many news reporters (and people on the radio) end their "opinion" statements. "That's just what I think, I'm Bob Bilinger" (That name is made up)

However it clearly bugs you, so I will stop doing it.
  • Dog_man77 said:

Levi said:

Playing around in Photoshop, hopefully to make it in-game: adding large shadows beneath solid blocks as well as underneath their top borders goes a long way to increasing foreground/background feel. Nice, eh?

Now that is awesome. I'm still not a huge fan of the machines (the blue glow is really my only problem with them, as previously stated, they are powered by steam, so perhaps less of blue glow, from what I presume are the crystals inside) but I like the wallpaper and the wood is pretty good too.

I was thinking over the last few days and realized that one of my main problems with the new art was that many of the colour schemes of the textures have been changed. This, more than anything, would be bad for current builds.

Perhaps if you kept the general colour schemes he same. Ex. Bloodstone looked a little blacker, the warm orange-y wallpaper was still orange (with a similar design) same with the other wallpapers and other blocks.
    Ex2. The sandstone block and natural backdrop kept more of their current look. I don't mind the pattern if he new sandstone block, I would just think it would be less confusing if it was the backdrop pattern and that something more... Orange... Was the sandstone.
    Perhaps if some items received less dramatic changes too. Because. I have seen many creatively used items out there. (Thank you @toadlover for inspiring that part of my style) but with these dramatic changes these creatively used items wouldn't be nearly as cool.
    Ex: While the new wooden railings are awesome, the old ones allowed us to make a kind of wooden scaffolding effect. This new one looks more like iron railings, which don't give that effect. So I think it would be nice if some if these items had MORE of their original shape so as to make it so that the old builds look as they were intended to. (But I would love if "fancy wooden railings" were released.) And would also prefer if some of the colourings were more like they are now.
    Ex: original 2.0 concepts showed pink balloons, and the fancy chairs were also pink and purple. Would I be opposed to new items like that? No. But I think that something more like the baige, stitched balloons and the yellow blue and red striped ones, (not wrapped in ropes like I remember the original 2.0 concept) would be cooler. As for the fancy chairs, I think that red, blue, and green should remain, but that the addition of a few other colours would be cool.

I do have a question though. Will the new textures layer themsleves the way they do now? Ex: chair (without option other than blue, if applicable) appear behind a table, a lever will always appear behind an object, wine labels and books sometimes showing infront, or behind their layered objects, fire for fireplaces appearing infront of some blocks but not others, placing metals behind metal bridges to give it that awesome effect, etc? Because I know that is a major part of some builds, and if suddenly layering certain items didn't work, it would ruin the eff

I'm Dog-man77, and that my friends, is how you add hasty closure to a statement that could drone on forever if you didn't add definite closure.
    Yeahhhh (that works too)
    Could you please stop signing your name like that at the end of your post. It sounds HUGELY arrogant like you're some president. We can see your name at the start of your post.
    The reason I do it is to add closure. As well (this is probably going to sound childish) I do it because that is how many news reporters (and people on the radio) end their "opinion" statements. "That's just what I think, I'm Bob Bilinger" (That name is made up)

However it clearly bugs you, so I will stop doing it.
    you canalso do something like ~Dogmann77 or so, I'm Dogmann77 is REALLY agoragnt
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugePosts: 1,559Member
    ^Or you can just not sign your name at all, your post is always accompanied by your username anyway.

Most people don't really put their name on posts, even opinions
  • Chrome0Chrome0 A Place Beyond Reality and so onPosts: 113Member
    edited September 2014
    Why does anyone care what he puts in the end of his posts? Why dont u just not read that part? I mean I'm not trying to upset anyone but i just dont really understand why anyone is upset about such a trivial thing, just trying to help
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Posts: 1,303Member
    Chrome0 said:

Why does anyone care what he puts in the end of his posts? Why dont u just not read that part? I mean I'm not trying to upset anyone but i just dont really understand why anyone is upset about such a trivial thing, just trying to help

I, personally, was thinking that too. I believe my last long comment actually offered some decent suggestions. And would much prefer to discuss those, than why I should or shouldn't sign my name.

If you don't want me to sign my name, and think that it sounds arrogant and are going to comment about it every time, I won't do it because I would prefer to talk about the art, and how to improve the art, what we (as a community) like and dislike about it, than my signing habits.

I think we can all agree on that. Thank you. :)
  • AetherAether Knocking on the door of the Ban Hammer FactoryPosts: 1,801Member

Dr_Derp said:

Chrome0 said:

When are these graphics expected arrival?

We are nearly done. Hopefully end of the month - and this big update will include a fair amount of new items, too!
    Is there going to be a staging server test phase before release?
    If so, I am very much looking forward to it! :)
    Beta next week. You'll be able to play on production just fine!

...But there's some other goodies coming to staging, too!
    Ignore
    Oh yay! Also what is staging? @mikelaurence‌
  • GraysonGrayson Sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket.Posts: 451Member
    What if people respond negatively? @mikelaurence‌
    Algoryx said:

Dog_man77 said:

I do have a question though. Will the new textures layer themsleves the way they do now? Ex: chair (without option other than blue, if applicable) appear behind a table, a lever will always appear behind an object, wine labels and books sometimes showing infront, or behind their layered objects, fire for fireplaces appearing infront of some blocks but not others, placing metals behind metal bridges to give it that awesome effect, etc? Because I know that is a major part of some builds, and if suddenly layering certain items didn't work, it would ruin the effect.

Yeahhhh (that works too)
    I am Algoryx and I feel like this opinion is belabored. In case you didn't know I am Algoryx, also, Im algoryx. And if you didnt catch that, I'm Algoryx. That my friends, is how I, Algoryx, closes a statement.
    ~Algoryx
    Thank you for quoting my statement.
    It will make it easier to get to instead of scrolling all the way up. :)
  • OtakuBeatzOtakuBeatz WonderlandPosts: 675Member
    OMG I LOVE THE NEW ART!!!!
    -mumbles- still don't like the adult brains...
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UPosts: 1,007Member, Arbiter
    edited September 2014
    PIPTR0 said:

Everyone has one items' texture or mobs' texture they won't like.... It will never be perfect to everyone, so just get over it. Others might love that brain texture, and it's not 1 person's opinion that's gonna make the devs change those brains.
    Grebebe said:

PIPTR0 said:

Everyone has one items' texture or mobs' texture they won't like.... It will never be perfect to everyone, so just get over it. Others might love that brain texture, and it's not 1 person's opinion who's gonna make the devs change those brains.
    But why does my least favorite texture have to be the adult brains?!?