Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Can Onyx spawn in Acid or Lava?

NoobishNoobish If you put a potato in front of the moon, the moon looks like a potato.Member Posts: 350
I was exploring one of my old worlds with my higher perception to see if id missed anything, and i saw this.
I guess id just missed it and the acid covered it up, but that scared me. What if all this time there had been an knyx or two in lava or acid id passed over? Water, idk. I was just wondering, idk.

Comments

• toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    Yup, there would be no reason why it couldn't. I'm pretty sure that there are even some pictures in the SoTD thread to help verify this.
  • NoobishNoobish If you put a potato in front of the moon, the moon looks like a potato.Member Posts: 350
    toadlover said:

Yup, there would be no reason why it couldn't. I'm pretty sure that there are even some pictures in the SoTD thread to help verify this.

IMAGINE HOW MUCH ONYX IVE MISSED
    image.jpg
    214 x 204 - 34K
  • Jonah.Jonah. Michigan, U.S.A.Member Posts: 1,002
    Same. I try to make sure that i explore everything because i have the same fear.
  • MuneebMuneeb Football Ground.Member Posts: 1,187
    I guess the devs should add a little more shade to onyx as it's hardly seen in acid/lava.
  • Mega_MasterMega_Master under the lake of pity, inside the cave of hopelessness, beneath the pit of jelly wormsMember Posts: 211
    Onyx doesn't spawn in acid or lava.
    Lava or acid spawns on onyx.
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    I found my first onyx ever in a pool of lava. :)
  • Jonah.Jonah. Michigan, U.S.A.Member Posts: 1,002
    Millicent said:

That means its good luck right? ;)
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    edited April 2015
    Jonah. said:

Millicent said:

That means its good luck right? ;)
    l diablo...
  • Stormcloud1313Stormcloud1313 Member Posts: 1,011
    I missed my first onyx the first time I dug past it. I only saw it when I was filling in the hole next to it
  • OMAR.2234OMAR.2234 Trapped inside terraria , trying to get outMember Posts: 244
    Yeah onyx spwans in any world-any place
  • NerevarineNerevarine IT'S YA GIRLMember Posts: 3,606
    OMAR.2234 said:

Yeah onyx spwans in any world-any place

I think you mean 1 onyx per 2-3 worlds