Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Who Wants to Be Interviewed?

SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,565
edited August 2015 in General
Recent activity on Lisa’s “Deepworlder of the Week” thread suggests that we once again have a friendly and robust community of forumers who might enjoy interviewing and being interviewed by each other. If you meet the following requirements and are interested in being interviewed in the style of the original interviews, sign up below!

Requirements:
  • Must have a substantive, believably-active forum account that's at least 6 months old
  • Must be at least 13
  • Must be willing to participate in other people’s interviews by asking sincere questions (i.e., ones that get the interview victim to tell us something about her- or himself) in at least half of the interviews that happen before your own interview
  • Must be interviewed under your main account only
  • Must be willing to share your in-game name (and/or highlights of your name history, when applicable)
  • Must be available to check your interview thread periodically while your interview is active (roughly three days)

Other details:
  • With some exceptions, previous interviewees are eligible to be re-interviewed
  • Preference will be given to those willing to have the interview include a photo of their real-life selves. If you're not willing to include a photo, I'll substitute a photo of my cat. Did that sound like a threat? That was totally a threat
  • Other factors affecting preference may include: real-life age, account age, behavioral history on the forum and/or in game, expressive ability, etc.
  • Scheduling and other details will be worked out once we have enough people signed up

If you're interested in signing up to be interviewed, or if you have questions or opinions about the process, post here.
Post edited by Sirentist on

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,565
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by Sirentist on
  • BulletProofBulletProof Making a super secret plan to erase the Deepworld HQ off of the surface of this planetMember Posts: 1,877
    Ooh, me me!
  • SmasheroidSmasheroid Hi there! I shouldn't have any type of explosive device in my possession!Member Posts: 601
    I don't think my forum account is old enough but it might, so I would like to join.
  • TurretCubeTurretCube Where Tea & Biscuits Come FromMember Posts: 223
    Why not? I'm in!
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,211
    I'm in !! Just a slight condition though.. I'd accept 8 questions per person per day or it would go overboard for me considering my limited time :P
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,427
    Ah yes, I remember being interviewed!

It's lots of fun and I advise anyone to become vict....ehh, Interviewed!
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    I meet all the requirements, wouldn't mind spilling some of my life story
    edited August 2015
    tjergoz said:

Ahh yeah, you were a very early interview victim!

Edited to add:
    I mean interviewee. An early interviewee.
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    I have some funny stories and interesting hobbies to share xD Although my forums account may not be old enough. I had an alt account before but I forgot the password, pretty sure one of the devs deleted it.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Eh I'd give it a shot again, if ya don't mind.
  • GabsterGabster Where tea rules supreme Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,141
    Sure, I'll sign up
  • MuneebMuneeb Football Ground.Member Posts: 1,182
    I am in!
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    I'd like to sign up!
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,158
    I'd like to sign up :)
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,427
    Sirentist said:

tjergoz said:

Ahh yeah, you were a very early interview victim!

Edited to add:
    I mean interviewee. An early interviewee.
    I recall that it even was on my birthday, so that was double fun!
    Yay! I'm glad to see people are still interested in this sort of thing.
    FlynnXD said:

I'm in !! Just a slight condition though.. I'd accept 8 questions per person per day or it would go overboard for me considering my limited time :P

LOL, sure, if you want to put that condition on your interview, that's fine. However, I won't be counting and monitoring who asks how many questions, so it would need to be something that you kept track of on your own. Please don't sign up, though, if you really don't think you'll have the time each day to check in at least once and give the (sincere) questions your honest, considered answers. Note that typically, a fair percentage of question-askers will pose empty questions -- just to show off their own wit, or inflate their post counts, or hear themselves talk, or who knows why -- so the actual number of questions requiring your attention each day may not be as high as you fear. For now, why don't you just sit back and observe a few interviews to see if it would feel too overwhelming or not?
    Smoothy. said:

I have some funny stories and interesting hobbies to share xD Although my forums account may not be old enough. I had an alt account before but I forgot the password, pretty sure one of the devs deleted it.

Alas, in most cases this 6-month requirement is going to be pretty firm. If you want to discuss details about your specific case and why it should be an exception, you can PM me and we can take it from there. However, don't despair! It looks like you'll be "old" enough in November, which isn't really that far away! :)

It'll take me a little bit to pull things together, and I'm still waiting to hear back from some of the people I sent PMs to or talked in game with, but as soon as that happens I'll put together the beginnings of a schedule and you guys can let me know if there are specific dates that won't work for you, etc.

The general idea will be to have two interviews per week: the first on Monday, running through Thursday, and the second starting Thursday and running through the weekend. I'm think I'll be able to get the first interview up tomorrow morning, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my chosen first victim, Millicent. When I was thinking about starting the interviews again, I made her promise she would let me interview her, and now I'm just trying to convince her to let us catch a peek at her beautiful self in a real-life photo!

Which reminds me. Photos. This is not an absolute requirement. The idea of the interview is to give your fellow forumers a chance to get to know the person behind the account, and I personally just love being able to associate a face with a name. But I completely respect that some people are hesitant about allowing images of themselves to exist online. In the past, some folks have chosen to use images that are taken at a distance, so you can get the general idea of what they look like without a full-frontal closeup head shot. There are other creative solutions. And of course you always have the option of choosing not to have any photo at all. In such cases, I'll choose a photo of my cat to post in your stead. This is non-negotiable and can be thought of as a small but adorable punishment for not letting us see what you look like! Ha.
  • Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Member Posts: 676
    Sign me up
  • lxlylxly anywhere but hereMember Posts: 1,319
    Ohh, I believe I meet all the rquirements. Count me in!
    I'm adding people to the list as they comment here and also starting to hear back from the people I contacted outside this thread. It's all coming together, hooray! This will be fun! I'm very exclamatory!

In other news, you guys are in luck! Millie agreed to let me post a picture! Yay! And I've thrown her interview together and am now waiting to hear back about whether she'd rather have me post it tonight or wait until tomorrow. I think she sent me her picture and then possibly fled in a cloud of panic because I haven't seen her since I got the PM. Come baaack, Millicent! It's safe! We just want to ask you questions and know EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUUUUUU

-makes non-creepy face, really really hard-
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,075
    I would like to be re-interviewed! :P
    Aura said:

I would like to be re-interviewed! :P

That reminds me: if you were previously interviewed (by me or by any of the other folks who temporarily hosted the interviews), please mention that when you sign up. That way I can make sure your new interview contains a link to your original one. Thanks!
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    I can wait till November! @Sirentist
    Our first interview of the "Interviews 2015" is up! Head on over to this thread and ask Millicent some questions! And remember, folks, be nice, be polite, and don't be crude.

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/22357/interview-with-millicent
  • X_Onyx_XX_Onyx_X Member Posts: 274
    Sure! I'd like to be in it! My in is X_Onyx_X

Sure! I'd like to be in it! My in is X_Onyx_X

Sorry, buddy, it looks like your forum account was only created a couple months ago. Your account needs to be at least six months old before you're eligible to be interviewed. Hang in there and check back in a couple months!

Also, to everyone in general, just a reminder that participating in other people's interviews by asking questions is a huge requirement for getting interviewed yourself. To clarify: participating means asking real questions (ones that get the victim to tell us something about her- or himself) in at least half of the interviews that happen before your turn. If you don't participate in other interviews, you won't get interviewed. I'll add that in to the original post so that anyone who doesn't want to do it can let me know before I put the schedule together.
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244
    Hey...is @Laurence ever gonna be interviewed?
    Sirentist said:
    (facepalm) uuuuuugh...
    Fallers said:

Sirentist said:
    (facepalm) uuuuuugh...
    Awww, it's not THAT bad of an interview ...
    Sirentist said:

Fallers said:

Sirentist said:
    (facepalm) uuuuuugh...
    Awww, it's not THAT bad of an interview ...
    I donut mean that! I mean, I'm just sad. That I wasn't there for the interview!

BTW, you should get interviewed...