Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Blocking Expiators

2»

Comments

• Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    Or maybe I shouldn't even comment
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 378
    Blackout said:

you must change your name to google, Because you act like you know everything, should i call you Ms. Einstein? If you are matured person you won't speak in sarcastic way to a random person you don't even know.-flips hair-

It would be Mrs. Einstein actually.

Blackout said:

she's single i guess.. so Ms. xD

LOL!! Is there a badge for earning an ad hominem Blackout attack?

@Blackout: awwww, so sowwy, did we use words that are too big? Here is a special version of this whole discussion just for you so you can keep up with all the google-talk lel! xD xP :wink:

1st peep: dang some nasty bs goin on in hell maps!
    other peeps:
    -omg ikr!!!
    -its mostly just 1 gye do
    -srsly? what a dbag!
    -here sum xamples of things he does...
    -here sum thots on how 2 stop him..
    -here sum more xamples...
    -wow, y do peeps even act like dat?!
    -he's not a total dbag
    dbag: hurr durr hurr durr lmao at u all, yeh ima dbag but its all ur falltses!
    me: mb he's just acting out cuz of bein bullied or sthg
    dbag: lmao I only sed dat to see wut all u loosers wd say! have a nice day hahahahahahaa
    me: dang even his comments R dbaggy lol
    you: omg i no liek u cuz u talk too smart & u prolly cant even get a man!
    me: lolz! now, shoo, go back to activity pages where u belong & let teh big kids talk xP
  • BlackoutBlackout [email protected] email me if you wanna join ^_^Member Posts: 347
    Diane said:

Blackout said:

you must change your name to google, Because you act like you know everything, should i call you Ms. Einstein? If you are matured person you won't speak in sarcastic way to a random person you don't even know.-flips hair-

It would be Mrs. Einstein actually.

Blackout said:

she's single i guess.. so Ms. xD

you: omg i no liek u cuz u talk too smart & u prolly cant even get a man!
    me: lolz! now, shoo, go back to activity pages where u belong & let teh big kids talk xP
    it's not an attack, it's a shield :wink:
    ok as you wish let's go back to activity page,i'll follow you xP
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
    Anyhow ... back to the topic at hand ... I was thinking, disallowing all protectors on new hells would only really have to be in effect until the next hell generated. I wonder if that would be too hard to code.
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,246
    Sirentist said:

LOL! It's both sad and hilarious that he is so hellbent on having everything for himself that he can't even conceive of sharing.

Lolol. Hellbent on having all of the stuff in the hell worlds.

I c wut u did thar.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,137
    Sirentist said:

Anyhow ... back to the topic at hand ... I was thinking, disallowing all protectors on new hells would only really have to be in effect until the next hell generated. I wonder if that would be too hard to code.

I personally would rather have new content. Ocean biome, new items and quests.

I'm going to take a break/brake from hell biomes.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    derpdee said:

Sirentist said:

Disabling protesters and creating an entirely new biome are two different things in two different levels. You're comparing a Hotfix to a major game update.

derpdee said:

Sirentist said:

Disabling protesters and creating an entirely new biome are two different things in two different levels. You're comparing a Hotfix to a major game update.
    Protestors? I bet you received the ribbon just for showing up to your game and won the pizza party for loosing to...
    derpdee said:

derpdee said:

Sirentist said:

Protestors? I bet you received the ribbon just for showing up to your game and won the pizza party for loosing to...
    *losing
    *too
    Sirentist said:

derpdee said:

derpdee said:

Sirentist said:

*losing
    *too

*imaderpicanspellshowsiwantstooooooooo...
    It's my phones autocorrect, I'm not at fault here other than laughing at your pathetic attempt to be a wise ass.

It's my phones autocorrect, I'm not at fault here other than laughing at your pathetic attempt to be a wise ass.

That is like saying "spoons make people fat". You Have total control over your phone and changing items that it autocorrects. Wise ass, I'll pass. I'll take dumb any day...
    Hmm I have a feeling I got a abuse point here. Not a surprise. Nor my fault when someone does something in public and gets mad like a little child when they get called out for it.

Hmm I have a feeling I got a abuse point here. Not a surprise. Nor my fault when someone does something in public and gets mad like a little child when they get called out for it.

The tradition of the Christmas Pickle has got to be one of the strangest modern Christmas customs in that no one is quite sure why it exists at all!
    ^is*

^is*

image.jpeg
    400 x 266 - 91K
    I'm just going to end this here. If you want to make an arguement out of everything I say, go ahead. But this is the last time I will put up with your crap.
    "Get rid of the emotions that drag you down, hold you down, and eventually put you down permanently."
    @derpdee lol
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Back on topic (again) I'd say keep hell worlds exactly as they are. Yes,it is possible to abuse them for selfish reasons,but the whole of Deepworld is geared towards being selfish. It's up to us, the players, to change that. All it takes is s little empathy and consideration for others in the game. Lead by example and others will follow.

And just imagine what extra content the devs can come up with if they don't have to waste time on petty squabbles every day!
    Oka that's cute @ AMWhy
    AMWhy said:

Back on topic (again) I'd say keep hell worlds exactly as they are. Yes,it is possible to abuse them for selfish reasons,but the whole of Deepworld is geared towards being selfish. It's up to us, the players, to change that. All it takes is s little empathy and consideration for others in the game. Lead by example and others will follow.

And just imagine what extra content the devs can come up with if they don't have to waste time on petty squabbles every day!

I feel like there should be like a party system where you can party up with up to 4-5 players and share xp/loot when exploring.
    Wow I'm gonna have to get used to these dumb reasons for points for spam and abuse... Lol

AMWhy said:

I feel like there should be like a party system where you can party up with up to 4-5 players and share xp/loot when exploring.
    This is a great idea. I for one would be down for a team adventure...
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 947
    derpdee said:

AMWhy said:

Try one or two of Kelso's choices or shut the [EBL] up all of you. @Sirentist what if someone found a way to exploit the protector disable and turned off everyone's protectors?
    image.jpeg
    500 x 500 - 71K

Try one or two of Kelso's choices or shut the [EBL] up all of you. @Sirentist what if someone found a way to exploit the protector disable and turned off everyone's protectors?

1. Please don't say shut the [EBL] up to people. It's rude. Yes, even if you write "[EBL]" instead of the F-word (as opposed to being actually censored by the swear filter). We all know what you mean for it to say, and it still counts as abusive language.

2. Posting your Kelso circle all over the place isn't really helpful. I thought it was cute and clever the first time you posted it, but now it kinda seems the same as when a little kid tells the same joke fifty times because someone chuckled the first time.

3. As for your question about someone finding a way to exploit the protector disable, etc.: I don't really think it would be a problem. I mean, we already have protector disabling/limiting with regard to specific biome types. (You can't place certain types or numbers of protectors in certain competition worlds, for example.) Item disabling in specific maps is different than actually changing the parameters of the items themselves. So this change would be more of an extension of such already-existing limitations than a new method of potential exploitation.

I do like how you're thinking of the issue from the point of view of someone trying to abuse it, though. I've been trying to do the same and so far I can't come up with any way that disallowing protectors in new public hells until the next public hell has been generated would have a negative effect on anyone except for the people who are placing them in the ways described in this thread.

derpdee said:

AMWhy said:

So why did he not receive spam or an abuse point?
    derpdee said:

If you wish to challenge arbiter flagging procedures, I recommend you start a new thread and put your concerns there, or perhaps send them directly to Bytebin by emailing [email protected] This thread is about the issue of people blocking expiators. Thanks!

P.S. I didn't flag your comment as off-topic, but if you really want me to, I can. :)
    edited November 2015
    Sirentist said:

derpdee said:

If you wish to challenge arbiter flagging procedures, I recommend you start a new thread and put your concerns there, or perhaps send them directly to Bytebin by emailing [email protected] This thread is about the issue of people blocking expiators. Thanks!

P.S. I didn't flag your comment as off-topic, but if you really want me to, I can. :)</

Thanks for the helpful information and yes please...