Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Any Mobs Have Multiple Hurtboxes?

SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
I'm probably imagining this, but sometimes seems to me that shooting at a brain lord from below (i.e., hitting the tentacles) deals slightly more damage than shooting it from above.

Anyone else?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is: does anyone know if there are any mobs in the game that have multiple hurtboxes?

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    edited February 2016
    Perhaps there can also be critical hits too.

Not sure if thats a thing however.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    edited February 2016
    Only one hitbox per mob.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    I would be cool if, say, an acid cannon would be effective when hitting a brain's tentacles, and a musket would be more effective than an acid cannon when hitting the tank.
  • Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Posts: 729Member
    PIPTR0 said:

I would be cool if, say, an acid cannon would be effective when hitting a brain's tentacles, and a musket would be more effective than an acid cannon when hitting the tank.

that would be so cool! damn.
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloPosts: 1,584Member
    Hurtbox? Did you mean hitbox or did you just want to rename it? Lol
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    edited February 2016

Nomenclature depends on the developer, actually. In a lot of games they're the same thing. However in some games they're different. The hitbox is the part that will affect something else while the hurtbox is the area on you (or the other thing) that actually takes damage when under attack; they aren't necessarily the same thing. It sounds like in Deepworld those two areas perfectly coincide, though, so Mike doesn't need to use any other term besides hitbox.

reference: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/182350/what-do-hitbox-and-hurtbox-mean
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    Sirentist said:

Nomenclature depends on the developer, actually. In a lot of games they're the same thing. However in some games they're different. The hitbox is the part that will affect something else while the hurtbox is the area on you (or the other thing) that actually takes damage when under attack; they aren't necessarily the same thing. It sounds like in Deepworld those two areas perfectly coincide, though, so Mike doesn't need to use any other term besides hitbox.

reference: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/182350/what-do-hitbox-and-hurtbox-mean
    Yeah they are the same in Deepworld.