Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scammer Alert

Nova24Nova24 Posts: 8Member
edited April 2016 in Gripes and Grins
Today I Initiated a trade with "Name is in Attachment" for an onyx shovel, he agreed to multi trade for my onyx and mkiii flamethrower but when I sent him the trade he put a purple crystal trade at which time I screenshotted the scamming attempt. Can something be done about this stuff its really getting annoying, like put punishments in place because this happened yesterday and now its happening again, There are WAY to many greedy scammers in Deepworld, Dev please do something about this

Comments

• FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,383Member
    Well multi item trades are a risk. So be careful. I unfortunately learned this the hard way...
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,218Member
    Or go mine, find your own onyx and craft a shovel.
    Or trade single item trades for onyx to craft your on shovel.
    Or just use basic shovel.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    Sorry man, I know getting scammed is really unfortunate, but trading is at the risk of the player, so nothing can be done about this. All I can say is better luck next time, and try to be more careful. A good place to learn about different scams people will try to use on you is above the spawn in @Sirentist's No Fuss Trading.
  • eufult202eufult202 Posts: 211Member
    Hey! Look on the bright side, At least you didn't end up getting scammed in the end!
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,383Member
    William2 said:

Sorry man, I know getting scammed is really unfortunate, but trading is at the risk of the player, so nothing can be done about this. All I can say is better luck next time, and try to be more careful. A good place to learn about different scams people will try to use on you is above the spawn in @Sirentist's No Fuss Trading.

Wait, you still remember that place? :lol: Not in a mean way but wow! I actually forgot about it!
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    KittyKupo said:

I think what would fix this problem completely would be a better trading system.

For example, most games I've played have a "tradeing" window that will show what each person is trading (also multi trades because usually you can trade more than one thing.
    After both people have put their items they want to trade in the trading window, both players have to accept. If something is changed, it will make both players have to accept again.

Great idea! Ive seen this exact same concept in "Celtic Heroes"

The box is unchecked after a change occurs so its almost scam proof. The only flaw is the ignorant people, and developers can't fix that haha
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    In the game Order and Chaos, when you pull up a trade window, theres a place to type amount of cash and insert 4 items into. I think this type of trading style would be a nice thing to have.
    edited April 2016
    Sirentist said:

FreshX said:

William2 said:

Wait, you still remember that place? :lol: Not in a mean way but wow! I actually forgot about it!
    Wait, you still use the forum? :lol: Not in a mean way but wow! I actually forgot about you!
    Wait, you still play this game? :lol: Not in a mean way but wow! I actually forgot about you too!

When I said the first comment, I meant because I haven't heard of it in a long time and I wasn't trying to be rude. But if you want to play that way, go ahead.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    FreshX said:

When I said the first comment, I meant because I haven't heard of it in a long time and I wasn't trying to be rude. But if you want to play that way, go ahead.

Aw, come on, dude -- lighten up! The reason you said "not in a mean way" was because you knew it would be kind of a hurtful thing to say. Who wants to hear that a world they worked really hard on has been totally abandoned and forgotten, even if that's the truth of what has actually happened? People don't like to be reminded of their failures, and it's just a little bit mean to point it out like you did here. You knew that. Otherwise you wouldn't have felt it necessary to add in "not in a mean way." I figured it was fair enough to give you a little (joking) jab back.

Rest assured: I *was* joking. I haven't forgotten about you. I remember you -- on the forum at least -- because you're one of the people who like to take little jabs at me, lol.
    Sirentist said:

FreshX said:

Aw, come on, dude -- lighten up! The reason you said "not in a mean way" was because you knew it would be kind of a hurtful thing to say. Who wants to hear that a world they worked really hard on has been totally abandoned and forgotten, even if that's the truth of what has actually happened? People don't like to be reminded of their failures, and it's just a little bit mean to point it out like you did here. You knew that. Otherwise you wouldn't have felt it necessary to add in "not in a mean way." I figured it was fair enough to give you a little (joking) jab back.

Rest assured: I *was* joking. I haven't forgotten about you. I remember you -- on the forum at least -- because you're one of the people who like to take little jabs at me, lol.
    You're right, I'm sorry. It is hard to tell when someone is joking or not since you can't express feelings that great through the internet