Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reminding What Gravedigging is- Let's Make It Official

FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,382Member
edited March 2017 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Last year I made a very helpful thread for everyone to understand what gravedigging is (I will leave a link at the bottom). However, like make threads, they are shot down and forgotten of. Quite a few people have tried to keep it up here by bumping the thread. Others have even suggested that it is turned into an Official Deepworld Announcement but our lovely admins can't hear us so I figured we should help turn their hearing aids up so they can hear us by making a poll. This will be a public poll, people will see your choice. I want my thread to be official because back in the day, there were huge arguments about what and what not gravedigging is. To avoid that crisis from growing, I created this thread, and it worked. To prevent another crisis in the future, I'd like this to be an ODA. The only other thing to say is let's do it!

Link to thread
http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/25549/reminding-what-gravedigging-is#latest

Reminding What Gravedigging is- Let's Make It Official 29 votes

Let's make it an ODA!
34%
Tannerman14vmh20RomyrjohnandreiNightTheKidDWGlobeChickenbean17magicHydroblade29lol2bpow13_Brainstorm_ 10 votes
Let's not make it an ODA!
65%
ShiroNaip1nkbr0lisaawesomeo13DraculipadsWilliam2LittyKittyJosiahzoom22derpdeeX_Onyx_XAthena_DarkPrince_SetenRasen_Kyugan_FoxDebatorRoseGoldYeongyulMagic 19 votes

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    Let's make it an ODA!
    I agree, it would put more order to the forum
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Whats an "ODA".
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,213Member
    Lol. You could have just bumped your old topic instead....
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersPosts: 651Member
    Gravedigging isnt such a grave (hah) problem to make it an announcement. Its a very small problem, even compared to years ago.

Making it a pinned announcement is giving it attention thats not needed. There also isnt a ODA about not hacking people and nor about not making spambots
  • ipadsipads Posts: 2,001Member, Arbiter

Whats an "ODA".

Stands for Official Deepworld Announcement, lol
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,213Member
    No thanks.
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaPosts: 883Member
    Let's make it an ODA!
    Gonna wait for this thread to be 3 months since the last comment then comment something.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 1,368Member
    Let's make it an ODA!
    This may not be the most important thing ever but that doesn't mean it can't be an announcement. I see it as very useful especially for new players.
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionPosts: 2,246Member
    Let's make it an ODA!
    For the record I meant to click not to do it. I accidentally clicked the wrong one.
    Chicken said:

This may not be the most important thing ever but that doesn't mean it can't be an announcement. I see it as very useful especially for new players.

With that logic my downfall thread should also be an announcement, because it was very usefull and productive. Same with any thread with tips.
    This seems more like a grab to fame to me
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainPosts: 1,293Member
    Let's make it an ODA!
    Debator said:

Chicken said:

With that logic my downfall thread should also be an announcement, because it was very usefull and productive. Same with any thread with tips.
    Ironic

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Ironic
    Explain
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainPosts: 1,293Member
    edited March 2017
    Let's make it an ODA!
    Debator said:

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Ironic
    Explain
    It seems a lot like you're trying to become famous here, I mean sure, this thread may be a fame grab, but it sure looks like you're trying too.

Debator said:

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Ironic
    Explain
    It seems a lot like you're trying to become famous here, I mean sure, this thread may be a fame grab, but it sure looks like you're trying too.
    Well im doing a pretty poor job at writing paragraphs with improvements and making daily triggers!
    Im gonna start kissing people's asses from now on! Fame, here I come!
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter

Debator said:

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Ironic
    Explain
    He's just making a point, geez. All he's saying is that, by the logic of Chicken, the entire first page of the forum can be cluttered wit ODA's while it's not necesarry.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    Let's make it an ODA!
    tjergoz said:

Debator said:

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Ironic
    Explain
    He's just making a point, geez. All he's saying is that, by the logic of Chicken, the entire first page of the forum can be cluttered wit ODA's while it's not necesarry.
    Even I agree with that

This thread IS special however, we should at least get a pinned discussion about gravedigging, or maybe some bolded and italic'd texts on the guidelines page about it.
    RedMan said:

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Ironic
    Explain
    Even I agree with that

This thread IS special however, we should at least get a pinned discussion about gravedigging, or maybe some bolded and italic'd texts on the guidelines page about it.
    No it really isnt. Sorry. Its not a huge problem nor a recent one. While its a nice thread its not that important
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

tjergoz said:

Debator said:

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Ironic
    Explain
    Even I agree with that

No it really isnt. Sorry. Its not a huge problem nor a recent one. While its a nice thread its not that important
    Yeah. While it can certainly be annoying, let's be honest, how often does it happen? Maybe once a month? And even then, they will often fall back anyway. It's not a community or forum breaking issue.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    It happens enough to be amusingly grumbly. It isn't that big of an issue.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    And anyone ignorant enough to gravedig in the first place definitely won't read a pinned post.