Bug making mobs disappear.

WilliamdanielWilliamdaniel purififying worlds and planting trees and flowers.Member Posts: 57
edited June 6 in Bugs
Ever since some days ago I notice a bug that makes all mobs in a world disappear even brains from dungeons and androids. It also stops all mob spawning. It suddenly happens and then lingers for an hour or more not all worlds have it but a lot of them do. I've seen other people notice as Well. I've noticed the androids come back and brains do to. Luckily
Post edited by Williamdaniel on

Comments

• ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,915
    Yeah, seems this has been a bug for a while. I noticed it too. It was supposedly fixed but it's still an issue
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/26507/devs-urgent-bug-mobs-invisible-with-no-collision-on-most-worlds#latest
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327
    @mikelaurence the bug still exists. Is it possible to have a patch?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,976
    Shoot, thought this was resolved.

Just to be clear, you are saying that this happens some time *after* a world has loaded? And sometimes it resolves itself after a period of time?
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 399

Just to be clear, you are saying that this happens some time *after* a world has loaded? And sometimes it resolves itself after a period of time?

I've had expirence with this bug on both of my mob farms. It seems to be random, as when you get on there may or may not be mobs. The mobs can disappear at anytime and a relog does not fix the problem. It eventually does resolve itself, but makes exp Farming virtually impossible.

HOWEVER! I have new Evidence! The mobs are physically there, but indeed invisible! I have proven this by gaining materials (jerky, canisters, brain Wine) from exploders during the glitch.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,379
    It's happening in all worlds, any butler I place is invisible, and spawners don't work
  • Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 775
    I have noticed that if you enter a world that has not been populated for a while, and I'm assuming here, such that the world was completely unloaded, the mobs will be visible. If you relog after that, or wait a while, the mobs disappear.
  • WilliamdanielWilliamdaniel purififying worlds and planting trees and flowers.Member Posts: 57
    edited June 7

To be exact. The bug randomly appears and relogging doesn't solve it unless you do it a lot . Then after some random time the bug randomly stops having effect. (This could be an hour later,the next day or until you lag out and it restarts or after re logging 100times) I noticed the mobs actually aren't truly disappeared they're just invisible and have no collision. Only bombs & exploders can kill them. I've noticed that when you lag out of the game the bug may take effect or if you already have it the bug may go away sometimes of course the lag may not do anything.

• EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,692

BTW actively working on this bug. Gonna try a few things the next couple days. Thanks for your patience.

Awesome. It's been wreaking havoc with mob driven engineering.
  • WilliamdanielWilliamdaniel purififying worlds and planting trees and flowers.Member Posts: 57

BTW actively working on this bug. Gonna try a few things the next couple days. Thanks for your patience.

Cool, it's really been disturbing mob farming for a lot of people. It's nice that you're working on it.

• Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 261
    Damn bug taking time away from programming new items for the game.
    Bastian7 said:

Ikr.
    Bastian7 said:

Yep :/
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,379
    Cheer up everyone, mobs are back
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 456
    Lag super bad this afternoon,calif time, I rarely lag out but have done so 5 times in as many minutes
    Did some testing today but couldn't figure anything out definitively.

I just rolled back the servers to a previous codebase. Let me know if you still see the issue, and what world it's in.

Thanks!

I just rolled back the servers to a previous codebase. Let me know if you still see the issue, and what world it's in.

Thanks!

Since about 2 days ago I haven't had any more mob trouble. Very rarely it happens now but I just need to relog and it reverts back to normal. Thanks mike!

Thanks!

Thanks for actively combating this problem. I have 2 farm worlds and it is indeed a nuisance. Seems to have dispersed. :smiley:
    Actually seems like the issue is still there in Times Square right now :/

Will have to continue to hunt.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,484
    Yeah, my android is AWOL again. Happened two days ago, too, but the world reset itself after repeated reloads. No time for that today...I'm up at ridiculous o'clock because I have a 7:30 appointment for surgery to have a hole drilled in my eye! I KNOW, RIGHT?

Anyhow, I think I'm giving up on the daily android-smacking thing. There's no fun in being compulsively faithful about something if you can't rely on the other end of it to be consistent. Really would love to have a reset command. Pretty sure in my case, that's the only real issue.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 575
    there was an issue today at 10am in times square. my butler did not show up when i summoned it. dont know if this helps.
    edited June 12
    Sirentist said:

Yeah, my android is AWOL again. Happened two days ago, too, but the world reset itself after repeated reloads. No time for that today...I'm up at ridiculous o'clock because I have a 7:30 appointment for surgery to have a hole drilled in my eye! I KNOW, RIGHT?

Anyhow, I think I'm giving up on the daily android-smacking thing. There's no fun in being compulsively faithful about something if you can't rely on the other end of it to be consistent. Really would love to have a reset command. Pretty sure in my case, that's the only real issue.

A world reset command is totally what could help fix this problem, good idea.
    Android AWOL on first login this morning. Reappeared with second login. Reappeared yesterday after logging in again, too. Yay?
    edited June 13
    Currently a bug going down at 6:43 (PM) US eastern time. While renovating a Luxury bunker I notificed the turrets did not spawn in. Just the little joints on the wall. Pet Terrapus also affected.
    Update: all seems well, except for times square with butlers and mobs. Times is my fav feather farm :/
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 399
    You guys make it sound like a war... Actually I guess it kind of is....
    edited June 15
    Android is AWOL again. Will try relogging later. Unhappyface.

Edited to add:
    7:23: relog unsuccessful

Edited to add:
    8:05: android is back...quite a bit of hassle just to get in my morning android smack, though
    Post edited by Sirentist on
    all devs ahead! we shall take back our rightful bots once and for all, now who's with me!!? hows that for war ?
    Owning Hallucination Peak farm, (a box spawner - Hell biome) I've gotten a few complaints about the collision-less mob glitch today. It seems to fix itself faster though. Maybe 10-30 minute occurances and then it's (as far as I can tell) random on when it will occur again.
    i like to complain @TealHyena