Enough is Enough.

FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,321
I am sick and tired of how the developers and admins simply ignore everything that is wrong with this game. It is completely full of promises not made, very irritating bugs, and obnoxiousness. And now the devs want to make a second game? Well here's what I think.

It is the stupidest thing I have ever seen Bytebin do.

How the hell are you going to manage two damn games yet not own up to one game. Deepworld is a broken, unpopular game that cannot manage to even use their Twitter! Why do they one tweet once a season, huh? I have had it with this ignorance I have seen from Bytebin. It is the most idiotical thing that is happening with this company. If you really want to make another game, hire more staff! Get some sponsorships! The only thing that has been done is Mike Laurence's move to NYC. I haven't seen anything else that has caught my eye recently. That's how dull this game is. I'm more interested in a man I never met move into NYC. Seriously, that is sad.

So in conclusion, this game is nothing, the next game is nothing, and every other game Bytebin makes is nothing because they can't control one damn game that they have had for over five years. Stop neglecting and fix it!

I would also like EVERYONE who sees this thread to tag every developer and admin. I want to spread the message.

@mikelaurence @jsonperl @lisa @FRANK

Comments

• derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 886
    Lol...

Soon...

Lol...

Soon...

Lol...

Soon...

Lol...

Soon...
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    I would be better and not time consuming to just release mini updates. Like get the bug problems fixed first, then focus on your gizmos.
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,321

Tagging them won't make a difference. Maybe they have been planning something fixing all the bugs and making one huge update that they have been hiding for awhile now and when they are ready to release it, it will be game changing?

I highly doubt that to be honest. With what I see happening to the game right now, I don't know what to think of them.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,002
    Done with this too.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    Zacywacko said:

Done with this too.

Make it three.
    Million.
    Honestly I really want something done now. Does this NOT concern the devs? 12 people online at once, and it's been worse before. I saw once where there were only 6 players online. PLEASE do something about this devs. @mikelaurence @jsonperl
    IMG_0862.PNG
    2048 x 1536 - 269K
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,108
    I don't know really. In my opinion, these guys, Mike and the team made a beautiful game which lived a great term and brought joy to a lot of us, making memories forever in our hearts. It was a great game, and no denying it is fizzling out rapidly now. But then, what I'm feeling is that, is it even our place to say such rude and harsh words to the developers? I mean, there's this activity post which is quite rude, and then there's this post which shames them too. Is this all really necessary, is my doubt. I mean, fine, getting to the roots of this, behind the layers of rudeness lies the fact that we players dearly love the game and want it to grow more, but outwardly it looks quite horrid. Like, realistically speaking, the only reason why we're playing this is because we don't have the caliber or resources to make such a game ourselves, and there's a person out there making it and hasn't updated for ages, and we decide to demean and shame him by such posts. I mean, let's look at it from his shoes maybe, the team was small, and is smaller now, and obviously the income generated through this game isn't enough for them, due to which they took up actual jobs irl and kept this as a side project, and still managed to push out some updates like the butterfly and fossils (that was long back ik). It's also true that a lot of things were promised yet not fulfilled, but then in the end of the day, it's their game and their wish to continue it or move on really. I mean, we aren't at that extreme point of the game shutting down, so honestly there isn't much to complain about what you've spent on the game since it's still up. But truly, I too am disappointed at the lack of updates and wish to see this game get the bigger updates, but then recently these mob bugs and stuff sprung out, which I'm sure was as annoying for them to fix, as it was for us to play with. And if you did read Mike's post in the other thread, he said that the fire fizzled out a bit and honestly that's reasonable cause they've been working on quite a good MMO with very limited staff, and he created a new game to have a change of mind and renew the spirit to go on. Of course, this update he gave us totally changes the dynamic of the situation, considering that he mentioned fixing the bugs here would still be a "maybe", but honestly at this point, I'm just glad that I got to experience such a beautiful game and although things aren't going too well, I'm hoping Mike and the others will push it through and get this back running, because I can very well understand the lack of enthusiasm to update this game, it probably got a hit monotonous indeed. But either ways, if they do silently withdraw working on this, I'll still be following bytebin on their new game and any more games in the future, because they proved their potential through deepworld, and as sad as it may be to see it go, if that's how it's gonna be, I'm just really thankful for this game for having created numerous links of friendships that I cherish and value to this day.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,108
    edited September 11
    Sorry for double posting, but that post was already big enough lol. It's quite a big read and probably a lot of you didn't read it anyways, just wanted to tell that it just feels bad to see such harsh words being said to the devs. I mean, "Enough is enough" sounds more like a threat from an employer than a suggestion from a community member. Sure, things may have been driven to the extent that we're all pissed off, but this isn't what we should do maybe. I think what's actually necessary at this point, is a proper communication between the team and the community. Maybe a live stream like earlier, discussing the current state of matters, future plans and whatnot. This could possibly resolve a lot of issues..
    Post edited by FlynnXD on
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Member Posts: 97
    FlynnXD said:

I don't know really. In my opinion, these guys, Mike and the team made a beautiful game which lived a great term and brought joy to a lot of us, making memories forever in our hearts. It was a great game, and no denying it is fizzling out rapidly now. But then, what I'm feeling is that, is it even our place to say such rude and harsh words to the developers? I mean, there's this activity post which is quite rude, and then there's this post which shames them too. Is this all really necessary, is my doubt. I mean, fine, getting to the roots of this, behind the layers of rudeness lies the fact that we players dearly love the game and want it to grow more, but outwardly it looks quite horrid. Like, realistically speaking, the only reason why we're playing this is because we don't have the caliber or resources to make such a game ourselves, and there's a person out there making it and hasn't updated for ages, and we decide to demean and shame him by such posts. I mean, let's look at it from his shoes maybe, the team was small, and is smaller now, and obviously the income generated through this game isn't enough for them, due to which they took up actual jobs irl and kept this as a side project, and still managed to push out some updates like the butterfly and fossils (that was long back ik). It's also true that a lot of things were promised yet not fulfilled, but then in the end of the day, it's their game and their wish to continue it or move on really. I mean, we aren't at that extreme point of the game shutting down, so honestly there isn't much to complain about what you've spent on the game since it's still up. But truly, I too am disappointed at the lack of updates and wish to see this game get the bigger updates, but then recently these mob bugs and stuff sprung out, which I'm sure was as annoying for them to fix, as it was for us to play with. And if you did read Mike's post in the other thread, he said that the fire fizzled out a bit and honestly that's reasonable cause they've been working on quite a good MMO with very limited staff, and he created a new game to have a change of mind and renew the spirit to go on. Of course, this update he gave us totally changes the dynamic of the situation, considering that he mentioned fixing the bugs here would still be a "maybe", but honestly at this point, I'm just glad that I got to experience such a beautiful game and although things aren't going too well, I'm hoping Mike and the others will push it through and get this back running, because I can very well understand the lack of enthusiasm to update this game, it probably got a hit monotonous indeed. But either ways, if they do silently withdraw working on this, I'll still be following bytebin on their new game and any more games in the future, because they proved their potential through deepworld, and as sad as it may be to see it go, if that's how it's gonna be, I'm just really thankful for this game for having created numerous links of friendships that I cherish and value to this day.

Couldn't of said it better
    FlynnXD said:

The reason why we are coming off as harsh (sorry about that by the way, was just trying to make the point clear) was because, obviously, we do love the game, but we want it to continue for years onwards and enjoy the game at it's full potential. After reading your post, I have to agree; this upcoming game is the next chapter of bytebin, and I will support it. Deepworld was a great thing, but all good and great comes to an end. Glad to have experienced it for 4 years.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 643
    Well, think of it this way. The devs make a new successful game, and get more money to upgrade both. The only reason they aren't updating is because they can't waste too much money.
  • MemesAndExtremesMemesAndExtremes Member Posts: 33
    edited September 12
    I don't think the devs really care that much about the game anymore. Sure they're allowed to make money but I've spent plenty of time in this game. Although I'm not exactly a veteran player, I can see that DW is going down the drain. The devs should fix the problems with DW so they have some experience with fixing certain things that are off about their games. If they don't put more effort into the game then I could say that history will repeat itself in their next game.

Not only that but I've lost so much interest in the game that I've basically quit. I haven't deleted the app yet but I'm hanging onto the hope that the game could find some way to fix and improve certain aspects of the game. Sorry if it comes across as harsh but as the consumers, we should have a say in what goes on and how things should happen. I've seen so many people buy crowns in an effort to boost themselves in-game. They could use a portion of the money gained to work on the game and then the rest for their own use. I log in to DW now and then and I barely see any active players. That's my opinion, I hope everyone understands what I've said.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 225

Shadow711 said:

Well, think of it this way. The devs make a new successful game, and get more money to upgrade both. The only reason they aren't updating is because they can't waste too much money.

If the next game becomes successful, I doubt they would return to this dead game
    Yeh your right, they'd just up and leave basically their most successful game to date if they became successful with another. Because I know if I spent years developing a game, I'd totally ditch it when I finally get the revenue to rebuild it, even a small bit.

And instead of bashing the Devs heads in for these things, give yourself a pat on the back also. Because I personally know a few players within these forums and game that have made quite a few people quit because of their antics and demeaning comments.
    FlynnXD said:

FlynnXD said:

Sorry for double posting, but that post was already big enough lol. It's quite a big read and probably a lot of you didn't read it anyways, just wanted to tell that it just feels bad to see such harsh words being said to the devs. I mean, "Enough is enough" sounds more like a threat from an employer than a suggestion from a community member. Sure, things may have been driven to the extent that we're all pissed off, but this isn't what we should do maybe. I think what's actually necessary at this point, is a proper communication between the team and the community. Maybe a live stream like earlier, discussing the current state of matters, future plans and whatnot. This could possibly resolve a lot of issues..

I don't want to call it tough love or being harsh. It's sort of in the middle. If you think about it, a lot of players have been nice for a long time with the threads they have made. But after a while when you still get ignored and still nothing happens, it's not worth trying to be nice anymore. I know where you're coming from because it happened to me all the time. I am a nice guy, no doubt, but this stuff always happened. For example, I emailed TapJoy before May or June last year and didn't get any response until September of last year. I was nice at first, but after a while of the BS I had to start being aggressive and it made then listen. I have the same problem with GameStop as well. What I'm trying to say is all of our messages have been sent and we have gotten stupid responses and a lot of people are tired of it. So I am standing up and spreading the message. I don't care how I display it because lots of us have been too nice for too long. You could take it as constructive criticism, tough love, being harsh, I don't care. But actually use this feedback and understand how we have been feeling. It isn't fun.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    edited September 12
    How about instead of criticizing the game we all love, try to help it instead. Everybody claims they love deepworld, so prove it. You say deepworld needs to advertise, then YOU advertise it. The game we all love needs our help. Instead of telling the devs what they need to do, help them do it. PRINT FLYERS AND STAPLE THEM ACROSS TOWN OR DUMP THOUSANDS OUT OF A PLANE!!! POST ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTYOU OWN!!! DOWNLOAD OTHER MULTIPLAYER GAMES AND SPAM DEEPWORLD IN IT!!!! We can help the game so don't be lazy!

Edit: new idea! PAY A HOBO TO WEAR A TERRAPUS SUIT AND TWIRL A DEEPWORLD SIGN ON BUSY STREET CORNERS!
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,093
    FreshX said:

FlynnXD said:

FlynnXD said:

I don't want to call it tough love or being harsh. It's sort of in the middle. If you think about it, a lot of players have been nice for a long time with the threads they have made. But after a while when you still get ignored and still nothing happens, it's not worth trying to be nice anymore. I know where you're coming from because it happened to me all the time. I am a nice guy, no doubt, but this stuff always happened. For example, I emailed TapJoy before May or June last year and didn't get any response until September of last year. I was nice at first, but after a while of the BS I had to start being aggressive and it made then listen. I have the same problem with GameStop as well. What I'm trying to say is all of our messages have been sent and we have gotten stupid responses and a lot of people are tired of it. So I am standing up and spreading the message. I don't care how I display it because lots of us have been too nice for too long. You could take it as constructive criticism, tough love, being harsh, I don't care. But actually use this feedback and understand how we have been feeling. It isn't fun.
    I'd be interested to hear what you consider "stupid answers". I can't take much personal in regards to creating and changing and updating the game. That's not my area. When you start saying you receive stupid answers to messages that you have sent I am going to call you out on it. I take a lot of time to help anywhere that I can. No answers I have given, except to this one guy on facebook but that's because he is realyl weird, are as helpful as they can be.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,316
    *inserts did not read meme*
    lisa said:

FreshX said:

FlynnXD said:

FlynnXD said:

I'd be interested to hear what you consider "stupid answers". I can't take much personal in regards to creating and changing and updating the game. That's not my area. When you start saying you receive stupid answers to messages that you have sent I am going to call you out on it. I take a lot of time to help anywhere that I can. No answers I have given, except to this one guy on facebook but that's because he is really weird, are as helpful as they can be.
    I understand you do not develop anything in the game, but I still want you and whoever else to see it.

So there are also stupid things done that I should have included in my last post. One thing is how much the community seems to be ignored. Whether from admins, developers, whoever. I understand everyone here works three jobs but it doesn't mean that we should be ignored. We can barely see Mike once a season. How about once a week, at least? So we know he's still there and not off making dub step music. His most recent comment, which was the announcement of the new game, now that's a stupid answer. And it's an answer because there have been comments from players I've seen that ask where the team is, and he is apart of the Bytebin team. Anyways, I cannot understand how Bytebin will handle another game when Deepworld is currently a mess. With all the bugs, glitches, this and that, it's so ridiculous. So here's a big question, is Deepworld being shut down? Will this game be forgotten and moved on from? Because if so, tell me now. I want to be prepared for all the BS that's going to come.

Another stupid thing I want to point out is where the hell is Frank? I am not very fond of him, yeah I will say that. He makes Mike look more active here. I mean if another admin is going to be hired to help us, get on and help us. I agree that a bigger team is better but not when they are always disappearing for months.

Look, Deepworld is a great game, no doubt, but it has lots of work to be done to it and all the developers are focused on is figuring out how to make the new game. It has caused lots of controversy. I will not be satisfied with Bytebin until I see a complete layout of what's going to happen with the future of this and the new game. As much as I respect everyone on the team, it is very shaky.
    FreshX said:

lisa said:

FreshX said:

FlynnXD said:

FlynnXD said:

I'd be interested to hear what you consider "stupid answers". I can't take much personal in regards to creating and changing and updating the game. That's not my area. When you start saying you receive stupid answers to messages that you have sent I am going to call you out on it. I take a lot of time to help anywhere that I can. No answers I have given, except to this one guy on facebook but that's because he is really weird, are as helpful as they can be.
    I understand you do not develop anything in the game, but I still want you and whoever else to see it.

So there are also stupid things done that I should have included in my last post. One thing is how much the community seems to be ignored. Whether from admins, developers, whoever. I understand everyone here works three jobs but it doesn't mean that we should be ignored. We can barely see Mike once a season. How about once a week, at least? So we know he's still there and not off making dub step music. His most recent comment, which was the announcement of the new game, now that's a stupid answer. And it's an answer because there have been comments from players I've seen that ask where the team is, and he is apart of the Bytebin team. Anyways, I cannot understand how Bytebin will handle another game when Deepworld is currently a mess. With all the bugs, glitches, this and that, it's so ridiculous. So here's a big question, is Deepworld being shut down? Will this game be forgotten and moved on from? Because if so, tell me now. I want to be prepared for all the BS that's going to come.

Another stupid thing I want to point out is where the hell is Frank? I am not very fond of him, yeah I will say that. He makes Mike look more active here. I mean if another admin is going to be hired to help us, get on and help us. I agree that a bigger team is better but not when they are always disappearing for months.

Look, Deepworld is a great game, no doubt, but it has lots of work to be done to it and all the developers are focused on is figuring out how to make the new game. It has caused lots of controversy. I will not be satisfied with Bytebin until I see a complete layout of what's going to happen with the future of this and the new game. As much as I respect everyone on the team, it is very shaky.
    Lol he wants a complete layout of what they are gonna do. What makes you so entitled. You aren't their boss
    Inception said:

FreshX said:

lisa said:

FreshX said:

FlynnXD said:

FlynnXD said:

Lol he wants a complete layout of what they are gonna do. What makes you so entitled. You aren't their boss
    How do you know???
    FreshX said:

Inception said:

FreshX said:

lisa said:

FreshX said:

FlynnXD said:

FlynnXD said:

How do you know???
    Cause I can think logically
    Inception said:

FreshX said:

Inception said:

FreshX said:

lisa said:

FreshX said:

FlynnXD said:

FlynnXD said:

How do you know???
    Cause I can think logically
    Me too! That makes two of us!
    It's like a customer demanding a file of everything the owner of Walmart plans to do with their buisness. There's a reason the terms "it's none of your business, mind your own business, ect" were made
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 405
    @FreshX idk what the fuss is all about, if they create another game perhaps that will help DW, they could advertise together kinda 2 for 1 deal, and as far as everyone wanting to know the plans it's like cards, you don't show your hand until your ready. I for one will support DW and any new game they come up with.
    Retta said:

@FreshX idk what the fuss is all about, if they create another game perhaps that will help DW, they could advertise together kinda 2 for 1 deal, and as far as everyone wanting to know the plans it's like cards, you don't show your hand until your ready. I for one will support DW and any new game they come up with.

You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them. Know when to walk away, and know when to run. You never count your money, when you're sittin at the table. There'Ll be time enough for countin, when the dealins done.
    Derp was here.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 443
    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.