Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Recurring energy, frost and steam related guns missing their sounds.

ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
I’ve made a thread on this before, heck, I think I made two. But this is about the energy, frost and steam weapons not having their sounds.
It all started in late 2013 or early 2014, I always forget, but the sounds to these types of weapons just suddenly disappeared. I thought initially that it was just a device issue, but even using my Mac, there’s no sound. I currently use an IPad Pro to play Deepworld, and these sounds are missing on it too. However, PC still has these sounds. I personally prefer the IPad experience more than the PC one, so I definitely won’t be converting to PC. Was this intentional? Any info? @mikelaurence

Comments

  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaPosts: 518Member
    Anyone else find there kind of annoying?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,847Member
    Try giving the weapon to an alt, leaving, then coming back and giving yourself the weapon again.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,211Member
    Flame and acid have sound for me on iOS devices. If I use pc frost and energy have sound.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member

    Try giving the weapon to an alt, leaving, then coming back and giving yourself the weapon again.

    It’s been missing for over 3 years, I’ve tried this a few times.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,847Member
    Zacywacko said:

    Try giving the weapon to an alt, leaving, then coming back and giving yourself the weapon again.

    It’s been missing for over 3 years, I’ve tried this a few times.
    Try passing it between 4 alts then repeating it THEN giving it back.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    I feel like this is a device issue, but I’ve asked a few people recently and anyone on an IOS device (haven’t asked Mac users) don’t have the sounds. Because I see him lurking around right now, @mikelaurence
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    -bump
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,847Member
    He’s gone
  • ShepyShepy Posts: 25Member
    Why don't Energy guns don't make sound either,you would expect a sound like a ZAP! sound but nope.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder Mining til I diePosts: 372Member
    Or you could just not use sound at all and listen to music, what I do.
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 563Member
    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

    Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    Dalts said:

    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

    Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.

    I used an IPad Pro, and it’s still missing the sounds.
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 563Member
    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

    Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.

    I used an IPad Pro, and it’s still missing the sounds.
    New conclusion, iPad doesn't have sounds. Newer Solution, get an iPhone.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    Dalts said:

    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

    Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.

    I used an IPad Pro, and it’s still missing the sounds.
    New conclusion, iPad doesn't have sounds. Newer Solution, get an iPhone.
    iPhone doesn’t work either.
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 563Member
    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

    Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.

    I used an IPad Pro, and it’s still missing the sounds.
    New conclusion, iPad doesn't have sounds. Newer Solution, get an iPhone.
    iPhone doesn’t work either.
    Works perfectly for me.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    Dalts said:

    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

    Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.

    I used an IPad Pro, and it’s still missing the sounds.
    New conclusion, iPad doesn't have sounds. Newer Solution, get an iPhone.
    iPhone doesn’t work either.
    Works perfectly for me.
    So it even has the sounds effects on the energy, frost and steam? My SE doesn’t have them.

  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 563Member
    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    Zacywacko said:

    Dalts said:

    I use two devices to play. One is on my iPad 2 that doesn’t have sound effect on some of the cannons and another is on my iPhone SE that does have the sound effect on all of the cannons.

    Simple conclusion, old devices runs bad. New solution, get a new iOS device.

    I used an IPad Pro, and it’s still missing the sounds.
    New conclusion, iPad doesn't have sounds. Newer Solution, get an iPhone.
    iPhone doesn’t work either.
    Works perfectly for me.
    So it even has the sounds effects on the energy, frost and steam? My SE doesn’t have them.

    Weird, you should check your settings.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    Settings:
    C49061D9-D2E7-49E0-85CB-C82C2DD4C3DE.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
    AE153D77-6350-4745-9C31-7D7DFF09340A.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,211Member
    iPhones, iPads and iPods don't have those sounds. @Dalts is pulling our legs...
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    Also how about the fire setting for the Exploder? I don’t think they work for me... only electric does
Sign In or Register to comment.