Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Competition: Space Base - AWARDS MARCH 6 AT 4PM EST

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,884Member
    Detech said:

This one entry I couldn’t figure out...
    Is it a riddle?

No, it’s just unfinished
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaPosts: 884Member
    edited January 2018
    Going to hop on and begin voting now.
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaPosts: 884Member
    edited January 2018
    Went through 1-54 and found only a few entries that I voted for. When I get back to my house I’ll do another sweep to make sure I didn’t miss any, but 60-ish percent of the entries were just empty, and then some were just lightly touched on, then abandoned. But like I said I’ll look at all of them again when I get back.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 354Member
    Also, When I did the competition, my name was MihirGames at the time, after I finished my build (entry 15) I changed my name to “Mihir” just want to make this aware.
  • racerdogracerdog Posts: 179Member
    edited January 2018

So I got on to see I had been nominated as a judge for the competition, so I was like eh whatever I'll hop in to start voting, and so far I haven't seen almost any entries that follow the rules at all. They are either empty, advertisements, or just failed attempts with signs saying they gave up. I feel like I'm truly wasting my time doing this because so many are not meeting the rules first of all and second of all mostly all look pretty bad(No offense to the builders, but so far I've seen pretty much time wasting entries).

If I find any good ones I'll edit this post for other judges to look at so they can find worth while judge-able entries. Sorry if I miss you, I just don't have a whole lot of free time on my hands to look through so many submissions on my own.

Eligible entries I've found so far in Lunar One(They aren't opinion based, only rule based)
    Lunar One:
    Entry 7
    Entry 9
    Entry 15
    Entry 19
    Entry 26
    Entry 33
    Entry 34
    Entry 37
    Entry 39
    Entry 47
    Entry 51
    Entry 57
    Entry 75
    Entry 91
    Entry 95
    Entry 98
    Entry 101
    Entry 108

I went through all 130 in Lunar One and found only 17 builds that met rule guidelines, most I wouldn't consider good either. So now it's my time to gripe because I actually feel like my time has genuinely been wasted. Besides the obvious missing the simple /back and /next feature for quick access, when you tap a green protector it doesn't read the submission number and only says would you like to nominate. This made searching through 130, 10x hard since I have a bad memory. Beyond that a level cap really needs to be set for entry's... If you aren't level 30+ you shouldn't be able to join... There are so many empty and pointless builds and almost all of them seem to be new account players as I've never heard of them before. With there being 113 un-eligible builds entered I don't even know what to say other than what a joke. I really don't mean to be rude towards anyone, but if you are new, please don't set your protector down unless you plan to follow the rules and make something that makes sense, not make a wooden box with a notch in it and a yellow plaque saying "Vote for notch dungin".

This was unbiased and I didn't bother looking up names.

Obvious reforms need to be made to this competition. Anyways, if you are a fellow Lunar One judge, those are the eligible builds so you don't have to waste your time like me. If you guys would like I can do it for lunar 2 and lunar 3 as well, but this has really been disappointing to me.

Lunar One judges are:
    JusticeGaming (Lunar One)
    .ZoZo. (Lunar One)
    FlynnXD (Lunar One)
    lachstyleTD (Lunar One)
    racerdog (Lunar One)
    Tomasz12345678 (Lunar One)
    XX_UberHunter_XX (Lunar One)

I don't agree with how this competition was done but I participated and I respectively give my appreciation to Mike for seeing this through. I hope it doesn't take 2 1/2 years to get the results but that's just what we are all used to at this point. For now I'll be going back to taking a break until something new pops up, I'll be checking in sometimes to check but otherwise I should be pretty inactive. See ya guys 'soon'.

Justice, I appreciate you wanting to save us time, but I think in the spirit of fair judging we have to look at them all. Yes many were just empty, or undone, but I did vote for a few that didn't make your list.
    @racerdog your robot base thing is looking good!
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,065Member
    Can any one of you judges in Lunar one just tell me if they come by my entry (There are exploders inside, just to mark it)? I need to know the number
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,217Member

So I got on to see I had been nominated as a judge for the competition, so I was like eh whatever I'll hop in to start voting, and so far I haven't seen almost any entries that follow the rules at all. They are either empty, advertisements, or just failed attempts with signs saying they gave up. I feel like I'm truly wasting my time doing this because so many are not meeting the rules first of all and second of all mostly all look pretty bad(No offense to the builders, but so far I've seen pretty much time wasting entries).

If I find any good ones I'll edit this post for other judges to look at so they can find worth while judge-able entries. Sorry if I miss you, I just don't have a whole lot of free time on my hands to look through so many submissions on my own.

Eligible entries I've found so far in Lunar One(They aren't opinion based, only rule based)
    Lunar One:
    Entry 7
    Entry 9
    Entry 15
    Entry 19
    Entry 26
    Entry 33
    Entry 34
    Entry 37
    Entry 39
    Entry 47
    Entry 51
    Entry 57
    Entry 75
    Entry 91
    Entry 95
    Entry 98
    Entry 101
    Entry 108

I went through all 130 in Lunar One and found only 17 builds that met rule guidelines, most I wouldn't consider good either. So now it's my time to gripe because I actually feel like my time has genuinely been wasted. Besides the obvious missing the simple /back and /next feature for quick access, when you tap a green protector it doesn't read the submission number and only says would you like to nominate. This made searching through 130, 10x hard since I have a bad memory. Beyond that a level cap really needs to be set for entry's... If you aren't level 30+ you shouldn't be able to join... There are so many empty and pointless builds and almost all of them seem to be new account players as I've never heard of them before. With there being 113 un-eligible builds entered I don't even know what to say other than what a joke. I really don't mean to be rude towards anyone, but if you are new, please don't set your protector down unless you plan to follow the rules and make something that makes sense, not make a wooden box with a notch in it and a yellow plaque saying "Vote for notch dungin".

Obvious reforms need to be made to this competition. Anyways, if you are a fellow Lunar One judge, those are the eligible builds so you don't have to waste your time like me. If you guys would like I can do it for lunar 2 and lunar 3 as well, but this has really been disappointing to me.

Lunar One judges are:
    .ZoZo. (Lunar One)
    FlynnXD (Lunar One)
    lachstyleTD (Lunar One)
    racerdog (Lunar One)

I don't agree with how this competition was done but I participated and I respectively give my appreciation to Mike for seeing this through. I hope it doesn't take 2 1/2 years to get the results but that's just what we are all used to at this point. For now I'll be going back to taking a break until something new pops up, I'll be checking in sometimes to check but otherwise I should be pretty inactive. See ya guys 'soon'.

Complains about wasting time yet offers to help with lunar 2/3...

Move on already.
    derpdee said:

Lunar One:
    Entry 7
    Entry 9
    Entry 15
    Entry 19
    Entry 26
    Entry 33
    Entry 34
    Entry 37
    Entry 39
    Entry 47
    Entry 51
    Entry 57
    Entry 75
    Entry 91
    Entry 95
    Entry 98
    Entry 101
    Entry 108

Lunar One judges are:
    .ZoZo. (Lunar One)
    FlynnXD (Lunar One)
    lachstyleTD (Lunar One)
    racerdog (Lunar One)

Move on already.
    He's helping Mike judge. We all are.

Thanks, maybe I'll win one of those big Stream Jets!

racerdog said:

Thanks, maybe I'll win one of those big Stream Jets!

And then you'll give it to me, right..?
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 1,368Member
    I’ll start voting now. :)
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Posts: 1,003Member
    Uhh... I will have to vote some other time. When is voting due? If its this weekend I think I can do it?
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshinePosts: 553Member
    @JusticeGaming I guess you missed #89
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Posts: 706Member, Arbiter
    Retta said:

JusticeGaming I guess you missed #89

Hahahahaha I had my pride injured too. At least I had fun building.

And I wouldn't want to be discouraged from a competition just because other people are better builders than I am.
    @ChatotTheParrot well he said he went by the guidelines. I’d like to know why he didn’t feel I followed the guidelines
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Doing cool programming thingsPosts: 1,022Member
    edited January 2018
    racerdog said:

Cut

Justice, I appreciate you wanting to save us time, but I think in the spirit of fair judging we have to look at them all. Yes many were just empty, or undone, but I did vote for a few that didn't make your list.
    I just was checking if they followed instructions and then listing them. If they weren't surrounded by earth, only using the green protector without extras, etc I didn't list them because they hadn't followed guidelines. I also assumed all the ones full of rares, notes and signs with a "story" didn't seem like dungeons or something that would make much sense to add so I also didn't list those, except for one which was listing the level of protectors that should go in certain spots because that seemed logical to me. There was also those filled with rare items and things that shouldn't be in a dungeon to become common so I didn't bother listing those either.
    Retta said:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you or be offensive, I was just going through 1 by 1 quickly and if it hadn't met the guidelines I just skipped it. I went back on to check if it was a mistake and the reason it got missed was because it was full of "rare" items like telescopes, ship wheels, a map, 3 beryllium, gears and other loot exclusive items and I just sorta passed it without thinking about it.
    derpdee said:

Cut

Move on already.
    I've been here to help since the day I joined. I used to do tutorials before I closed my channel years ago. I'll move on when I chose to, until then, stop being a rude man child and take your 16 abuses elsewhere to be negative. I plan to help when I have free time and will pop in when I feel like it.

racerdog said:

Cut

I just was checking if they followed instructions and then listing them. If they weren't surrounded by earth, only using the green protector without extras, etc I didn't list them because they hadn't followed guidelines. I also assumed all the ones full of rares, notes and signs with a "story" didn't seem like dungeons or something that would make much sense to add so I also didn't list those, except for one which was listing the level of protectors that should go in certain spots because that seemed logical to me. There was also those filled with rare items and things that shouldn't be in a dungeon to become common so I didn't bother listing those either.
    Retta said:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you or be offensive, I was just going through 1 by 1 quickly and if it hadn't met the guidelines I just skipped it. I went back on to check if it was a mistake and the reason it got missed was because it was full of "rare" items like telescopes, ship wheels, a map, 3 beryllium, gears and other loot exclusive items and I just sorta passed it without thinking about it.
    derpdee said:

Cut

Move on already.
    I've been here to help since the day I joined. I used to do tutorials before I closed my channel years ago. I'll move on when I chose to, until then, stop being a rude man child and take your 16 abuses elsewhere to be negative. I plan to help when I have free time and will pop in when I feel like it.
    It didn’t have to be covered in earth. That was just preferred because then Mike didn’t have to do it. And what about the signs and notes saying where the entrance is or what could be removed?
    The original contest did say "dungeon, home, or what-ever." I think the entries could be something really different, not just the typical dungeon. What is the space equivalent of a lux bunker, simple destroyed house, or that creepy acid hotel. I hope that space will get some really different looking and unique things too, like in Hell worlds. I think the developers have an open mind about it, let's just look for interesting cool things.
    racerdog said:

The original contest did say "dungeon, home, or what-ever." I think the entries could be something really different, not just the typical dungeon. What is the space equivalent of a lux bunker, simple destroyed house, or that creepy acid hotel. I hope that space will get some really different looking and unique things too, like in Hell worlds. I think the developers have an open mind about it, let's just look for interesting cool things.

Like crashed spaceships instead of bunkers, or space stations instead of random floating dungeons. Or just a space house that qualifies for the "home" part.
    @JusticeGaming I see, I was aiming for an alien saucer that crashed
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 790Member
    edited January 2018
    I’m back sorry for being so late because I know deep down all of you love me. I left over Christmas but do all new judges have to vote on 1 entry?
    mofc1991 said:

I’m back sorry for being so late because I know deep down all of you love me. I left over Christmas but do all new judges have to vote on 1 entry?

Any amount
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,145Member
    mofc1991 said:

Your back right on time. We just started judging a few days ago
    When is the judging process over?!?
    Lilyabc said:

Once all has been judged. Make sure to check out my spaceship (entry 67) in Lunar Two! It would be amazing to win something for a change. Hmm, if the prize is a brass throne, I can do a steam jet pile with the throne on top!

Lilyabc said:

Once all has been judged. Make sure to check out my spaceship (entry 67) in Lunar Two! It would be amazing to win something for a change. Hmm, if the prize is a brass throne, I can do a steam jet pile with the throne on top!
    But don't I only vote for Lunar 3?
    Lilyabc said:

Lilyabc said:

You can vote in all of them. We were just assigned worlds so everybody does something.

Lilyabc said:

Lilyabc said:

You can vote in all of them. We were just assigned worlds so everybody does something.
    Thanks for answering my questions.
    Lilyabc said:

Lilyabc said:

Lilyabc said:

Thanks for answering my questions.
    -bows-
    It was my pleasure, m’lady